BF3 vehicles very disappointing? anyone else?

I agree that the order of unlocks for aircraft should be switched up, but I generally like the idea because I can see their attempt at some balance here. A team of 2 (or 4, if they're sneaky) that can completely make a game one-sided in aircraft is something that's been a part of Battlefield since BF2 (arguably before, with 1942, but I didn't think bombing and choppers in Desert Combat was quite as bad)

Honestly there were sometimes in Atacama Desert where we'd be getting spawn camped by the chopper alone and you couldn't even sprint to an AA or armor in time. Just wanted to hurl the keyboard. It's nice to know that infantry will at least get a decent weapon that won't need for us to wait for a pilot to fly low enough to take a shot...

In modern days if you rule the air you rule the world. BF2 or BF3 is no different. It should be like that anyway. A great pilot can sway the game but if you have a good ground team they can easily win the game no matter how great the pilots are. That's why I love BF series.

I think the hand held stingers should counter all aircraft quite nicely, I mean if your team is getting camped via teh air, everyone should swap over to their AA setup and take them out.

Darkside from 21CW ?!?!?!?!

Actually I am a keyboard pilot, some people prefer the mouse/keyboard combo, some people prefer the stick..... I personally use the KB for all purpose, on precision I use the the mouse as well however I was a pilot for a long time, not necessarily the best one but I was a damn decent one.

Sorry to disappoint. Not the same guy. That was the name of my tank in Iraq. A joke - b/c I had once been cool in the MC before 'going to the darkside' and losing all my cool points.

Sounds like someone is upset that the new jets and choppers take planning and skill.

Whut?!? The helis in Desert Combat had more difficulty / realistic handling than either BF2 or the beta.

To fly effectively in DC - you had to practice.

These in the beta were like console bricks.

No likey.

Whut?!? The helis in Desert Combat had more difficulty / realistic handling than either BF2 or the beta.

To fly effectively in DC - you had to practice.

These in the beta were like console bricks.

No likey.

While I agree that flying helos in any BF game after the DC mod was like flying a brick....the DC helos were far from realistic and certainly not difficult to handle. I have multiple friends and family who could fly in DC but hated flying in BF2 and BFBC2 because of how difficult it was to handle the air vehicles compared to DC.

The jets in BF3 on the other hand are very much like DC jets which might help people get back into flying again.

The choppers in BF3 are a challenge to fly for reasons other than the way they handle. If they were harder to handle in addition to the problems they already have to overcome, they would basically be impossible to use / worthless. I'd recommend a flight sim if you want difficult/realistic handling qualities. Otherwise do your best to appreciate what DICE has accomplished by bringing all of these different aspects of combat together.

I will not miss jets having "dumb" bombs either. That was one of my single biggest complaints about BF2...how obnoxiously overpowered jets were.

Also, the HUD on the AH-1Z is fantastic, though the Mi-28 feels a little claustrophobic in comparison. Hopefully they allow some different camera options for those who find it problematic, I can't see why they wouldn't.

I agree, gangrene. People look at BF2 and think it was so amazing for all these reasons that were actually balancing issues.

From my extensive time with the Beta (Level 51, lol) on both maps I really enjoyed the balance, especially on Caspian. Enemy pilots had unlocked the admittedly awesome looking Guided Missile but they were still getting shot down regularly, but we'll see how things are when the TV Missile starts being on everyone's loadout. The good thing is that you have to decide if you want to have the Air to Air component or the Air to Ground one and without one you're vulnerable from the other. That is exactly how it should be.

My problem with the vehicles is simple: repair tools are faaaar too fast at repairing (1 engy repairing a tank can defend it against multiple enemies) and that my 74 ton Abrams couldn't run over a shrub without flipping or getting stuck. Collision detection (and the subsequent results) was laughable.

He is right about the lack of personality or something to the game. Graphics are pretty amazing and the map isn't bad at all. I guess it really feels like bf2 + a new engine but somehow lacking the full effect. Probably the effect of being incomplete. The last bits of polish.

Oh and the is LAG. The rubber banding and crashing of the servers is obvious. If you haven't noticed, then either your drink or drugs are superior. See the last South Park?

Bugs: Several sound loops. The old repeating gun? It's BAAaaaaack!

I died, was revived, then kept "dying" over and over again as my health went from 100 to 0 and back while I was running around like some annoyed zombie.

LOL.. that sounds like a fun server. I guess I was lucky. I kept picking low ping servers and the only issue I ran into was the server crashing. None of the other stuff. Game ran great for me although every Nvidia I played on would sometimes blink white. Didn't notice this on my AMD.. *shrug*

Back