BF3 opens 6 Chrome processes? WTF?

I was havin a prob earlier where BF3 failed to load.. so i went in to windows task manager to close the damned game... and i noticed.. there were 6 different listings of
chrome.exe*32
What the hell is going on? combined they are using over 120k of memory... any ideas as to why it lists so many chrome processes? I know the browser is web based, and it just plain SUCKS ASS to try to get into a game you want.. but really... whats going on?

I was havin a prob earlier where BF3 failed to load.. so i went in to windows task manager to close the damned game... and i noticed.. there were 6 different listings of
chrome.exe*32
What the hell is going on? combined they are using over 120k of memory... any ideas as to why it lists so many chrome processes? I know the browser is web based, and it just plain SUCKS ASS to try to get into a game you want.. but really... whats going on?

It's not just BF3....everything does it. And who the hell cares, do you have 1gb of memory or something? The max usage I get with Battlelog and some other pages open and BF3 open(I also have xfire, Afterburner, Task Manager, Real Temp and some other stuff) is 3.5gb, not even close to my 6gb max.

chrome opens a new process for each tab, it also opens a process for each plugin, eg flash, java, etc. why it does this is so that if any one thing crashes it doesn't take the whole browser out like firefox, IE, and opera, you can just close that one plugin that crashes in the chrome task manager and restart the plugin.

120k of memory!? The horror!

Seriously, who cares about a measly 120k of memory?

And I'm assuming you meant 120,000K a.k.a. 120 MB? Cause really no one cares about 120k - you can lose that much in the virtual couch cushions.

lol next hes going to make a thread blaming Origin for that virus that he gots. Silly whiners.

its not origins its chrome. for some reason chrome opens multiple processes even if you have one browser open.

chrome.exe*32

tabs get their own process so one gone rogue can't wreck the rest of the browser.

it's just how chrome works.

its not origins its chrome. for some reason chrome opens multiple processes even if you have one browser open.

i already explained why.

120k of memory!? The horror!

Seriously, who cares about a measly 120k of memory?

And I'm assuming you meant 120,000K a.k.a. 120 MB? Cause really no one cares about 120k - you can lose that much in the virtual couch cushions.

yeah he probably meant 120mb which is the process used for flash.

While ive been a noob at times in my life... when running Origin and BF3... i run a total of 6 chrome processes... when NOT running origin and BF 3... i run a whopping total of 3 processes...

So what 3 processes is it running? and im not worried about the 120k.. which is yes.. 120,000k... i got 4 gigs... its just odd to have it running extra processes.. id be curious to find out what the hell they do... considering i have the plugins for chrome for bf3.. which should run when bf3 is opened or not opened... why the 3 extra only when loading up a BF3 map or playing on a server with currently?

Call me paranoid after the whole EULA shit from EA with origin... but i asked on here since hopefully someone knows what its running as a process... ahh well... a nooblet i will be until i figure it out then...

While ive been a noob at times in my life... when running Origin and BF3... i run a total of 6 chrome processes... when NOT running origin and BF 3... i run a whopping total of 3 processes...

So what 3 processes is it running? and im not worried about the 120k.. which is yes.. 120,000k... i got 4 gigs... its just odd to have it running extra processes.. id be curious to find out what the hell they do... considering i have the plugins for chrome for bf3.. which should run when bf3 is opened or not opened... why the 3 extra only when loading up a BF3 map or playing on a server with currently?

Call me paranoid after the whole EULA shit from EA with origin... but i asked on here since hopefully someone knows what its running as a process... ahh well... a nooblet i will be until i figure it out then...

for the love of god its 3 processes vs the 100 other process windows is already running, who cares.

3 processes.. chrome tab, BF3 plugin, flash..

oh wait no its because EA's stealing all your files and information. which is probably the answer you want instead of the real one thats been explained multiple times.

press shift-escape in chrome

all you people whining at the op for making this post sound like a bunch of non technical fools. Just because it doesnt matter doesnt mean that people dont want to know. Maybe it has something to do with the new generation of pc gamers, but back in the day we used to dig up this info because we were capable of it.

lol what ever. You and Mr. Tinfoil hat over there can worry about EA stealing your xxx website history. They can scan my shit to their hearts content. I dont got anything to hide. And if they're snooping banking info or sensitive info that some hacker gets off of them cool beans to me. Slam dunk lawsuit coming their way.

The plugins that are on the BF3 battle log page (flash, etc) each get their own chrome process. Chrome works this way so that if one plugin crashes, you don't have to reboot the browser. It's not using any more memory than it would be if it was all hidden in one process like FF and IE do.

chrome opens a new process for each tab, it also opens a process for each plugin, eg flash, java, etc. why it does this is so that if any one thing crashes it doesn't take the whole browser out like firefox, IE, and opera, you can just close that one plugin that crashes in the chrome task manager and restart the plugin.

firefox switched to seperate threads like 5 versions ago. not sure if this was before chrome got out of beta but definitely before people started using it like the new sliced bread. where dead threads actually die when they exit/crash, unlike what is happening here.

Back