BF3 Eyefinity not working

meximan

n00b
Hey

I have just got my 3x Horizontal Monitors setup

BenQ XL2420T 120hz

I have created an eyefinity display group I load BF3 and I go open to game 2 of the monitors then disable and it appears on 1 display cut in half the screen I have played around changing the preferred display seeing if that helps but doesnt.

Can anyone help what would be causing this to happen? and how to fix it

thanks

Hey

I have just got my 3x Horizontal Monitors setup

BenQ XL2420T 120hz

I have created an eyefinity display group I load BF3 and I go open to game 2 of the monitors then disable and it appears on 1 display cut in half the screen I have played around changing the preferred display seeing if that helps but doesnt.

Can anyone help what would be causing this to happen? and how to fix it

thanks

make your group in eyefinity, run bf3, change resolution to the triple monitor res.
if youre on a single monitor res, it will disable your other monitors.

hey Daveatx what is the tripple monitor res do I just get that from catalyst? like the res that im running on my windows desktop ? should that be in the menu in BF3 video settings to change to and select?

thanks

and jackstart ill have to find out what drivers but it should be the latest.

hey Daveatx what is the tripple monitor res do I just get that from catalyst? like the res that im running on my windows desktop ? should that be in the menu in BF3 video settings to change to and select?

thanks

and jackstart ill have to find out what drivers but it should be the latest.

yeah, res = resolution. you need to switch BF3 in the video settings from 1920x1080 to 5760x1080 or 1650x1050 to 5040x1050 etc.
If you have a single card, it will mirror the game on three monitors, if you have crossfire (like a duel gpu 6990) it disables your side monitors. You'll get used to it.

Oh man, I just remembered. You'll want to run in windowed mode at first because my initial experience (until I could manually change the res) was all messed up.

Ideally run in a small-ish windowed mode and that should allow you to change the resolution and then start in full screen mode as normal.

im not using crossfire just a single 6990 stock one 2 monitors connected by DP and the other by DVI

okay I shall try this when I get home

arhh okay sorry.. my bad.. okay i have it working now thanks much for you help just need to play around with some setting to get the right resolution.

just one other thing you know in eyefinity if you open up ur web browser and maximize it it covers all 3 screens is there any way of just making it maximize on 1 of the monitors?

or is the only way but manually resizing the browser window to fit 1 display and do that?

thanks for your help.

arhh okay sorry.. my bad.. okay i have it working now thanks much for you help just need to play around with some setting to get the right resolution.

just one other thing you know in eyefinity if you open up ur web browser and maximize it it covers all 3 screens is there any way of just making it maximize on 1 of the monitors?

or is the only way but manually resizing the browser window to fit 1 display and do that?

thanks for your help.

Yes, AMD has an App for that... It's called Hydravision. It should already be a part of your CCC, but if not just download it. It allows you to maximize windows in any way configuration you want.

[link]

anything big help thanks heaps. one more question whats the best way to increase my FPS in BF3.

im running at 5760x1080 res

anything big help thanks heaps. one more question whats the best way to increase my FPS in BF3.

A 6990 does not have enough power to run BF3 smoothly in multiplayer games at eyefinity resolutions. This statement comes from my experience with 6950 crossfire.

It is more than enough power for 1920x1080 (which is what I play at). I do turn off my side monitors as I've noticed crossfire doesn't scale correctly when the side monitors are not physically powered off. That is only the case for BF3.

The only way for a 6990 to run eyefinity smooth is to knock many settings down to low and medium and reduce resolution down to 4800x900.

I used to own a 6990+6970 trifire combo.

Knock everything down to medium, turn off ambient, turn off all AA and PostAA. That gave me 35 Fps on Caspian Border@5040x1050 with unlocked 6950s in crossfire (basically a 6990), but you are at a bit higher res so I would drop your res to 5040x1050 too and then lower settings if youre still not hitting a good fps.

Hit ` to get into console in bf3, then type in render.drawfps 1
That will give you a decent counter.

thanks for your help seem to have it running around 40fps with most stuff on low I will drop my res as well and test that.

You shouldn't have to drop res or turn everything to low.

Turn off ambient occlusion and anti aliasing and that should be more than enough.

You can use Hydragrid to snap windows while in eyefinity as mentioned earlier. Also, winsplit revolution is really nice: http://winsplit-revolution.com/

Make sure you have a profile for normal extended desktop and a profile for eyefinity group in catalyst control center. You can then switch between profiles with some keyboard shortcuts.

Back