• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF3 beta by yourself?

nickanderson

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
425
Anyway to just spawn the map and play around by yourself? I can not seem to be by a chopper or jet to get one, theres a line of guys waiting for them. Would like to just mess around...
 
No, minimum 8 players to start a match. I ended up finding a server with 7 people in it and joined just so I could fly around. Seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing.
 
Forever-alone.jpg
 
I'm still trying to figure out how to have the flight controls inverted. So that when I pull down on the mouse, the nose goes UP. The options say I'm set to inverted, but the mouse still goes down/down, up/up. It's so frustrating.
 
Metro is only half of the beta. There's also this teeny tiny map that a couple people may have heard of called Caspian Border.

I think what he was getting at is that if you find a caspian border server with only 7 ppl in it you are full of shit. :)
 
spam left click on the empty space under the last captured point > jet spawns > quickly click enter on keyboard (deploy) > you're in it > walk in it a little bit > exit > other players runing at it > when they are near enter it again and fly.
 
I think what he was getting at is that if you find a caspian border server with only 7 ppl in it you are full of shit. :)

Have you even looked? Here's a screenshot from mid-day (there are even more at night) - there are about 30 empty servers above (hint - sort by players and include empty and 5+ in your filter).

bf3.png
 
spam left click on the empty space under the last captured point > jet spawns > quickly click enter on keyboard (deploy) > you're in it > walk in it a little bit > exit > other players runing at it > when they are near enter it again and fly.

So that's how those fools are spawning in jets. Thx for the tip :p
 
I really hate it that we can't move or take off in a jet without having the minimum number of players.

I have yet to fly a freaking jet or heli since Caspian Border was open this weekend. It's like a gold rush trying to get into one.
 
spam left click on the empty space under the last captured point > jet spawns > quickly click enter on keyboard (deploy) > you're in it > walk in it a little bit > exit > other players runing at it > when they are near enter it again and fly.
Now the secret comes out, lol, right at the time the beta ends :(.
 
Now the secret comes out, lol, right at the time the beta ends :(.

Well, at least now you know you can spawn there when the full game comes out.
I cant wait, this weekend was really fun. I think i put down about 6 hours on the last 3 days.
 
Now the secret comes out, lol, right at the time the beta ends :(.

I'm still debating whether or not this is a good idea, as far as teamwork goes. You should not have the ability to spawn immediately into a jet, you should have to run to one.

The reason is you get a lot of people who refuse to spawn at all, until someone gets shot down and a new jet spawns. This prevents teamwork, and each team has less players to work on the objectives.

Then again, it is a BETA, and people just wanna have fun. :) I personally can't wait to play on some actual organized servers once it goes live.


....and gets patched of course :) I'm sure DICE has their plates full!

I have faith in DICE. EA can rot in hell.
 
Back
Top