BF3 20 bucks on Origin

travbrad

[H]ard|Gawd
BF3 is for sale for $20 on Origin right now, which is a really good deal even if you do have to use the steaming pile of crap that is Origin. :p

BF3 is for sale for $20 on Origin right now, which is a really good deal even if you do have to use the steaming pile of crap that is Origin. :p

There was a sale for BF3 last week for $16

And for the Origin bashing comment....I have never had a issue with it. I've had more issue with Steam than with Origins (Probably because steam did SUCK when it came out too...)

And for the Origin bashing comment....I have never had a issue with it. I've had more issue with Steam than with Origins (Probably because steam did SUCK when it came out too...)

It's a trend around here.

the reality of it all. The difference between the two is very minimal. Bashing one.. is like bashing the other too.

Yes Steam was terrible when it first came out too, and I never said otherwise. I don't necessarily have "issues" with Origin either, but it's lacking some nice things that Steam has.

-Steam makes it really easy to backup/restore your games with (2 clicks)

-Steam has built-in voice chat

-Steam lets you join your friends game directly instead of going through an annoying web browser based "battlelog". Copying an idea from 1998 (MSN gaming zone) is pretty weak.

-The Origin store has a smaller selection of games than Steam. Neither of them has everything of course, but I've run in to quite a few games that weren't available at all on Origin.

-Steam is also where most of my friends are. I know this isn't Origin's "fault", but it's a big advantage Steam has simply because they had the vision of digital distribution so many years before EA decided to copy it.

Origin is only new by name. I've been using EA download manager for years. Yes, origin is a step backwards from EADM.

Yes Steam was terrible when it first came out too, and I never said otherwise. I don't necessarily have "issues" with Origin either, but it's lacking some nice things that Steam has.

-Steam makes it really easy to backup/restore your games with (2 clicks)

-Steam has built-in voice chat

-Steam lets you join your friends game directly instead of going through an annoying web browser based "battlelog". Copying an idea from 1998 (MSN gaming zone) is pretty weak.

-The Origin store has a smaller selection of games than Steam. Neither of them has everything of course, but I've run in to quite a few games that weren't available at all on Origin.

-Steam is also where most of my friends are. I know this isn't Origin's "fault", but it's a big advantage Steam has simply because they had the vision of digital distribution so many years before EA decided to copy it.

Copy and Paste is hard to backup games?

PC users use built in voice chat? Try mumble.

No... Battlelog kicks the shit out of steams browser.

Origin is only new by name. I've been using EA download manager for years. Yes, origin is a step backwards from EADM.

They are trying to be like steam. So Steam is a step backwards too?

Call me when Premium is $20. Probably a few months after the final DLC and BF4 nears.

They are trying to be like steam. So Steam is a step backwards too?

From what? You prefer the more DRM and less flexibility of Origin over the old EADM?

Yes, I hope that every publisher sets up their own drm scheme. :rolleyes:

BF3 is one of the few titles I bought at launch. I wish I hadn't. 20 bucks is about all it's worth. I've spent more on the 7 times i've had to re-buy Battlefield 2 to get back on the servers I was banned from. Too much fun.

BF3 is one of the few titles I bought at launch. I wish I hadn't. 20 bucks is about all it's worth. I've spent more on the 7 times i've had to re-buy Battlefield 2 to get back on the servers I was banned from. Too much fun.

BF3 isn't worth $20 at launch, for $60 it was a great game from the beginning.

wtf, how you guys getting BF3 is $20 on Origin, don't know if it's region/location based but atm I only see BF3 Premium for $69.99 and the regular version for $49.99.

This plus Premium for $37.50 at GMG makes for a pretty good deal. If you got friends who play this game you owe it to yourself to join.

This plus Premium for $37.50 at GMG makes for a pretty good deal. If you got friends who play this game you owe it to yourself to join.

I'm looking to get premium for a buddy and its at $49.99 on GMG. Is there a code or something to make it $37.50?

This is no good, you need premium aswell or else you're just payin' £20 to let guys with premium rape you :(

Half a game for about half the price of most games nearly a year after release? DEAL!

Couldn't agree more. BF2=2500 hours played @ $49, BF3=75 hours played @ $60. I'd buy BF2 again to support the developer... but the developer is one with EA, and has collapsed into barely-solid shit.

This is no good, you need premium aswell or else you're just payin' £20 to let guys with premium rape you :(

Premium guys don't rape me :/ though i'm not the best, I usually am the one raping them.

Premium guys don't rape me :/ though i'm not the best, I usually am the one raping them.

So 90% of the people who kill you are non-premium yeah, that what you're saying?

There's no point in arguin' about it, everyone knows what I'm talkin' about.

Sorry, but the coupon code for Labor Day expired yesterday. :eek:

There is a new one now that last all week I think. Im at work and cant get to the site to confirm. It should be listed on the GMG front page though.

Edit:
25% off Digital Games till Sep 10th

GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

Last edited:
No... Battlelog kicks the shit out of steams browser.

Steam browser is a browser that people can use in game without going out of it or alt tabbing. Battle log is essentially the games main menu lol.

So 90% of the people who kill you are non-premium yeah, that what you're saying?

There's no point in arguin' about it, everyone knows what I'm talkin' about.

Oh boy... I like A15G, have no problems with killing premium players. Maybe you aren't as good as you think you are in this game. But spreading FUD about premium players "advantage"? you should be ashamed of yourself.

This is a pretty good deal though. I have just under 100hrs logged in BF3 with 10 of those being CQ DLC time. I have a job and don't play much else besides BF3. I think I have FIFA 12 and Sleeping Dogs installed. So Premium wasn't a big deal to me.

This- loved 1942, Vietnam and Bf2- even really liked BFBC2. BF3 I've left unplayed after a few weeks. Maps suck, dynamics suck, it's just not fun. Completely ruined the franchise- BF was really the only game I played. Good news- lots of free time now and I won't even consider buying BF4 unless it's a complete turn around, which I completely doubt it will be.

I paid full price for Bf3 when it came out, and full price for Premium -- I have something like 300 hours so far in the game and I don't feel at all like I got ripped off.

Sure there are things I would change - netcode being the number one. But for 33 cents an hour (and falling) I've gotten my money's worth.

Looking forward to next week when Armored Kill hits PC :)

QFT

I played about 700 hours in the first few months. Went back recently and it just felt hard to get into with all the new premium stuff, also playing Planetside 2 really put the map sizes to shame. BF3 is still a good game though.

Me too. I've overcome my disdain for the audio cutting out. Someday I'll get a pair of USB headphones and that will most likely remove the issue.

You could just get a sound card too and it would probably resolve the issue. You can get a pretty good sound card for about $30 which is probably cheaper than any decent USB headphones would be.

I played about 700 hours in the first few months. Went back recently and it just felt hard to get into with all the new premium stuff, also playing Planetside 2 really put the map sizes to shame. BF3 is still a good game though.

I don't have premium but it seems like the same game to me, nothing new to learn really (I've taken a few months break from it too). Doesn't premium just add double XP and some dog tags?

I agree about the maps though, and that's why I didn't buy Close Quarters (looking forward to Armored Kill though). For me Battlefield is all about big open maps with a wide variety of combat. There are a million other games where you can play infantry-only "close quarters".

I have a feeling the cross-development of console/PC versions has had an impact on the map sizes though. It's hard to make a map that works for both 64 and 24 players. You either end up with a giant clusterfuck or a barren wasteland.

Last edited:
Guys if you want to pay $20 thats a good price and it actually has a single player game this time.
Its just that you will need all the expansions to find full 64 player games.

Armored Kill do you see ANY balance in this Or just more cannon fodder for the 99% who don't have a tank.
Cant wait for Plane Kill, oh wait thats in the original release.

Origin forced me to update this weekend and put my account on the cloud.
WTF is up with that, more control, maybe they can loose it and then charge the user a fee to get it back or is that service only for premium users ROFL

Last edited:
Steam has been out for a while, and is now a much more mature platform over Origin. So who gives a shit if Steam "was shitty when it first came out", that was then, this is now. So in order to play BF3, you are forced to take a step backwards with a some old shitty knock off of steam.

Nice try EA, but Origin sucks.

Steam has been out for a while, and is now a much more mature platform over Origin. So who gives a shit if Steam "was shitty when it first came out", that was then, this is now. So in order to play BF3, you are forced to take a step backwards with a some old shitty knock off of steam.

Nice try EA, but Origin sucks.

Origin does everything I need it to do for BF3. I can't see what else you would want. It auto updates, downloads and installs quick, is stable, and has a friends list. It lacks a friends page profile reviews and other non-essential stuff, but honestly, I never look at that extra stuff. I use Steam to play games, nothing more.

Back