BF2 - which controller to use?

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a SpeedPad n52 which I will be using for any kind of ground combat (infantry, vehicles, boats), have not programmed it yet, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will be excellent.

I played the demo all night long and I definitely need a better controller for planes and helicopters. I am currently using an aged Saitek P750, and for BF2 I am willing to go all out and get a "precision" controller. Meaning I want something that does indeed not do anything when I don't touch the controller. My current P750 still moves the cursor around a tiny bit even if I do not touch the pad at all.

I would like use the "flight controller" only when operating planes or helicopters, meaning I do not want to use a joystick and my n52 at the same time, because joysticks are really not that great for controlling helicopters, so I suppose I am looking for a game pad of sorts.

Suggestions?

I use Saitek Cyborg Evo...and I love it in game!!

Works perfectly for my BF2 needs

The one here

But now they come in Wireless flavor and Forced flavor

how the heck do you even use gamepads in this game. my psx analog controller works like crap in choppers, and doesn't work at all in jets. maybe its my config?

What do you guys think is better? The Logitech 2.4 Freedom Joystick or the Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless joystick? Have you guys heard anything bad about either? I'm leaning toward the Logitech right now as it has the thumb button on the side, but the Saitek seems very adjustable. What's the verdict?

I think the controller needs to be able to bind both, roll and yaw to the same keys. I think linking the two is the only way to make the helicopters flyable. I have been flying on my own server for the past hour, and the roll and yaw is screwing me up good every time. ;(

Back