• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 VOIP + Vent = Train?

jnick

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
2,888
Ok here's my issue,

I use ventrilo and am trying to use the BF2 VOIP at the same time. I can get them both to transmit my voice with seperate key binds, no problem. The problem lies in the "20+dB boost". In order for other players to hear me through BF2 VOIP I HAVE to enable the microphone boost. However, now when in ventrilo, I get EXTREMELY loud screeching. It starts of low and slow, then it gets EXTREMELY loud. It almost sounds like a train is passing by or huge oil refinery's. However, if I take off the boost, Ventrilo now transmits fine, but NOBODY in BF@ can hear me over it's VOIP.

Does anyone know HOW I can get both programs to transmit my voice "normally"?

Thanks :)
 
I keep inbound at 10, this way I can hear other people in the channel over the game. However, yes, I have tried lowering the outbound volume, but with the boost Mic gain, it still gets feedback as I call it. I'll see if I can record what I'm talking about . . .
 
Here's a link. I wanted to upload to putfile, but they were down, so I guess you send it will do.

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S87PNI9S9FXC2BU28ZBS7XKUW

LOWER YOUR VOLUME, as it gets loud FAST.

Now what you're hearing is what the guy on the recieving end would hear, except if I talked, it would be LOUD and all crackly. This is with the 20dB mic boots on and the volume in vent @ 3 on the outbound. At 0, it sounds a bit better, but it does echo. At -3 it's "decent" . . . hmmm.

Edit: Wow I'm a dumbass. The noise you heard can be fixed if I lowered the volume, however as stated, I was getting echoing. Though this schoing is a result of my and my dads PCs in the same room both gamign together using V at the same time. My mic is picking up what his speaker is recieving, thus doubling everything that I say. Is there a way in V to setup a "threshhold" so I can make it oly pick up the noise within my range? Or is that by means of messing around with the outbound slider?
 
Back
Top