BF2 Unlocked weapons.

Phoenix86

Supreme [H]ardness
OK With all the bajillion threads about the hack, I can't find the info I'm looking for.

Is there a way to test the unlock weapons before I pick it once I hit 1K?

Also, what is the progressive list of when you get the next weapons, I'v heard 10K is the next unlock, what about the ones after that?

I know you used to be able to edit a file and give yourself all the weapons in single player, I dont know if the patches have prevented this though, I will check.

I have seen the 1, 1, 1, 1, type edit, but it didn't work. Either I screwed up something simple, or it doesn't work. I read one site that had a note this edit only worked for v1.0, not sure if that's correct.

I have also read you shouldn't get online with that edit (makes it a PIA).

Surely there has to be a "kosher" way to playtest the different weapons before you make a decision.

You could download the demo, install it, and then use the hack (which still works for the demo). Try them out in singleplayer and then see if you like one more than the other. Personally, I would go with whatever kit you play the most, since variety and options are nice to have.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
You could download the demo, install it, and then use the hack (which still works for the demo). Try them out in singleplayer and then see if you like one more than the other. Personally, I would go with whatever kit you play the most, since variety and options are nice to have.
There should be a kosher way, talk about a PIA.

As far as the second recommendation I don't think that's always the case. Take Assault class for example, it loses the 203 in it's unlock. Well, that's the ONLY reason I play that class, so I think I'll skip that one for a bit.

Also, if the unlock makes the class good enough, I'd probably play it more. I like the medic class, but medic+scope sure looks a lot better.

Phoenix86 said:
There should be a kosher way, talk about a PIA.

As far as the second recommendation I don't think that's always the case. Take Assault class for example, it loses the 203 in it's unlock. Well, that's the ONLY reason I play that class, so I think I'll skip that one for a bit.

I've got teh G3 unlock and while I miss the 203 at times those normal gernades can come in handy in certain situations. I like having the option, but as a whole I wish I had unlocked another weapon since I hate the 20 round clip of the G3, but love the full auto compared to the 3 round burst of the M16.

Also, if the unlock makes the class good enough, I'd probably play it more. I like the medic class, but medic+scope sure looks a lot better.

My roommate has the medic unlock and likes it. Weak in power, so steady aim and headshots is a must but the accuracy is very nice. The G36c (spec ops unlock) is pretty good as well. You lose the laser scope but gain accuracy (it has a tighter grouping of bullets) and damage. My next unlock is going to be the Anti-Tank unlock, since lately I've been playing that more and a change of pace would be nice over those SMGs. The PKM (support unlock) is suppose to be good as well, but I haven't had a change to really practice with it.

I've modified my unlocks.py file and have played online. It only affects single player, and I wasn't banned for going online with it altered. However, I'm not recommending you do it "just-in-case"...

Although, if it makes any difference, since the last patch I can't test the unlocks in single player anymore

I have the G3, and I have no regrets. The M95 tempted me, but I opted out of getting it because of the number of people who run around in armor (tanks, jets, heli's, etc)

Although, I guess with the G3 it doesn't really help me that much more then a M95 against those people.

Jason Isom said:
I've modified my unlocks.py file and have played online. It only affects single player, and I wasn't banned for going online with it altered. However, I'm not recommending you do it "just-in-case"...
Care to elaborate? It's not working for me. I simply edited the file, and fired up a single player game. Is that all that's needed? What version are you running?

Jeriko_Cherry said:
I've got teh G3 unlock and while I miss the 203 at times those normal gernades can come in handy in certain situations. I like having the option, but as a whole I wish I had unlocked another weapon since I hate the 20 round clip of the G3, but love the full auto compared to the 3 round burst of the M16.
This is *exactly* why I want to playtest it first.

weebling1 said:
goto an UNLOCKED UNRANKED server!

it aint rocket science people
Testing in single player would be infinatly better, but I wasn't aware there were unlocked unranked servers (only play ranked for obvious reasons). I'll try it out.

Phoenix86 said:
Care to elaborate? It's not working for me. I simply edited the file, and fired up a single player game. Is that all that's needed? What version are you running?

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier...it doesn't work on anything above v1.0 as far as I know.

Try this server. It was completely unlocked as of a few days ago. Connect by IP using mlkclan.com

There was only one other person there when I joined, however you can use ANY weapon for any class.

I've moved from mostly the Spec Ops kit to Assault, all because of the grenade launcher attachment. It helps you rack up the kills 2-3 at a time on 64 player servers. I don't want to lose that when I unlock my next weapon.

ive seen some funky way of doing, something about hacking afile to point your server to a different address other than the gamespy one for getting ranking info.

Also, it's all about the DAO-12. At close range you are the grim reaper and the DAO is your scythe.

Back