BF2: Unable to Login to Account Server

NumbLock

Limp Gawd
For the last hour, I have been unable to login to the account server...<sigh> Now what?

Ever since the hack all the servers have been getting hammered with people wanting to get on and try out the unlocked weapons. It took me like 5 minutes to get on last night but no matter what server I picked I was getting that crappy rubber band lag that I got when the game first came out.

I think that all the servers are down. I sure wish that they would have made the connection login thing time out or allow you to exit without restarting your whole computer.

This completely sucks. EA made this sound like they were going to fix this in a few hours last night and I still can't get in.

Bahh!

Same for me, and WoW servers are down arggg this is why I bought this game so I have something to do on Tues when they work on the servers

Wow, now I know how crack addicts feel when they don't have crack. I need BF2, or I will start shaking and seeing big pink attack monkeys landing on space ships outside my submarine.

EA, stop t3h inv4sion at once!

EricNS said:
CS 1.6

Reliable, Stable, Fun, Timeless.

And teh graphics are teh suck! :D

I recommend WC3..Reliable, Stable, Fun, Timeless.

note to the above: Yes, games are all about graphics and not gameplay. I liek it that way! :D

WC3 isnt a FPS, you cant substitute heroin for crack!

P.S. 1 shot close range face deagle is still the best animation ever, esp if its a little to the left or right of the head. I love how the face explodes as the body spins and falls. Mmmmm domination.

WC3 can be FPS. Just make believe that all the enemies are mini and that your hero is your main gun, and shoot stuff. To jump just move the mouse up and down so the screen moves.

Not only can't I log in, but even trying hangs my system up. And they want to release a more comprehensive expansion. :mad:

John Gault said:
I think that all the servers are down. I sure wish that they would have made the connection login thing time out or allow you to exit without restarting your whole computer.

QFT

I hate how it locks up my entire system.

Just hit ctrl alt dlt and you can close bf2 when it freezes. So I guess its time to play Doom 3 again....or maybe Dungeon Keeper 2 :D

One thing I learned with BF2..If there is a problem I am experiencing, so is everyone else at the same time. At least you are not alone!

It doesn't? Thats weird...maybe I'm waiting long enough for windows to realize it isn't responding hence the task manager popping up real quick...? I dunno thats weird.

Funny side note to all this, was just playing CS:S and I said in the chat,

"Hey, looks like I can log in BF2 now"

and I swear, almost everyone logged off

heh, its the new ALT F4 for ops.

excellent. Ah, immaurity, will never get old (cept i do)

Genocidal[v2] said:
How long are you waiting? I have very little patience when things on my computer freeze up :p

Generally if your capslock light changes states your're not really jammed.

The only way I've found to get out of the login freeze is to create a shortcut on my desktop on my 2nd monitor that does this:

taskkill /im bf2.exe /f

I can drag the mouse onto the 2nd monitor while in the game (a bug in my favour!) and double click it. Bye bye bf2. :D

excellent. i just love spending my lunch hour trying to figure out why bf2 won't log on to the account servers.

Kristo said:
Funny side note to all this, was just playing CS:S and I said in the chat,

"Hey, looks like I can log in BF2 now"

and I swear, almost everyone logged off

heh, its the new ALT F4 for ops.

excellent. Ah, immaurity, will never get old (cept i do)

HAHAHAHA :D

Is it known if they roll back everything (=lame) or just the unlocks (=good)? Sure, you could go hardcore and say that whatever you earnt using the hacked unlocks is "tainted", but c'mon, they're not _that_ significant.

so is it fixed now? I only have the demo, so I guess I didn't notice any of the unlocked bs. All this morning i've been trying to figure out what went wrong....

Ahhh this sucks. The day is perfect for playing games since it's so hot outside.
Going out is much better in the cooler evening :/

it would freeze on me earlier. control alt delete doesnt work for me either. it locks up my computer. im about to try right now and see if i can log on. im only 4000 k more from corporal bfd. lol. :D

I can get on fine now, but regardless of what server I pick, even ones with super low pings, I get a horrible rubber band type lag effect. :(

spine said:
Yes, because they hacked themselves didn't they? :rolleyes:

No because they could have added a cancel button or at least time out after a certain amount of time.

I don't welcome smart-ass comments, take it somewhere else.

sakurakana1003 said:
No because they could have added a cancel button or at least time out after a certain amount of time.

I don't welcome smart-ass comments, take it somewhere else.
The menu certainly is ropey and annoying. But isn't that Dice's fault? I thought you were referring to EA for being incompetent and 'letting' themsevels get hacked.

Well it seems back up now. I wonder if this was a server side database 'update'.

Any news on weather the unlocked weapons are now relocked?

Back