BF2: Special Forces - Nov. 21st!

hey we got best buy here too! but yea they're the same company:X

god I hope this expansion fails and the user base stays with the base BF2, it was bad enough to buy the game itself by supporting EA

EA and Dice can shove that expansion up their asses unless this game gets fixed.

BF2 is genious in concept but it is just not finished yet.

I for one am not buying this. I think anyone who has purchased Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII has learned their lesson.

Why support something that's broken when you can wait for them to fix it. It appears we'll be waiting a while...

40 bucks for night maps. Yay. Just turn the brightness down to nil and blow 40 bucks on something else.

-wil

What's still broke after the 1.03 patch? Dont flame me just explain.

While I find the 1.03 patch to work fine and I hardly see anybody complaining like the 1.02 patch, I don't think I will be buying the expansion.

what?! this expansions gona be great, itll be less vehicle based and more infantry/stealth based in a bf2 sized maps how could that not be good? with all the vehicles sometimes it feels like im playing twisted metal -.-

Depends on whether the maps are good. Road to Rome had great maps while Secret Weapons maps sucked. Dice:Canada can be very hit or miss.

I don't understand why everyone is negative towards BF2 and say it is broke. I play it everyday and I have a blast. It has been along time since a game I actually liked a game because it was fun. I will definitly buy the expansion. In fact I it seems as though everyone on the hardforums is against every game that comes out. Oh well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Arkanian said:
I don't understand why everyone is negative towards BF2 and say it is broke. I play it everyday and I have a blast. It has been along time since a game I actually liked a game because it was fun. I will definitly buy the expansion. In fact I it seems as though everyone on the hardforums is against every game that comes out. Oh well I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.

too true. I think the majority of the, "all the bugs, EA sucks, woe is me" folks don't even play the game. They just show up to hate on EA. If there was ever a game that i would be more than happy to pay for expanding, it's BF2. Not to mention that the expansion isn't just a couple more maps. There are actually going to be completely new features like the zip lines and new weapons.

More of EA releasing expansions to suck some more cash from its customers, why am I no surprised.

I will not be buying this, as IMO BF2 was the worst game purchase I have ever made. Played the game for a few weeks and just got sick of it. I really wish I could return this game, but laws forbid it. Gee I wonder why pirating is so rampant. :rolleyes:

Not everyone here hates BF2, in fact, even the people complaining about BF2 might like the game. I love the game, but I don't think I'll pay for the expansion for a long while, because they should have worried about making the base game top notch before adding maps and missions.

Defend it all day, but the fact remains: EA released a $50 beta, At that price point people should be pissed. Game being fun or not, the browser is still a piece of shit, and people with VERY able systems are still having problems running it. There's no excuse for this shit coming from EA, at the very least it should have been released at the level of patch 1.03. Patch 1.03 should have been BF2 v1.0

You fooled me good EA with BF2. I had high hopes. I will not be fooled again.

I will not be buying this.

What is it that people think is broken in BF2? I'm so tired of hearing people bitching about BF2 and EA, no one EVER says what it is they think is broken. The OP simply stated the release date of the game and here's what some people had to say.

DermicSavage said:
god I hope this expansion fails and the user base stays with the base BF2, it was bad enough to buy the game itself by supporting EA

NumbLock said:
EA and Dice can shove that expansion up their asses unless this game gets fixed.

BF2 is genious in concept but it is just not finished yet.

Draax said:
More of EA releasing expansions to suck some more cash from its customers, why am I no surprised.

I will not be buying this, as IMO BF2 was the worst game purchase I have ever made. Played the game for a few weeks and just got sick of it. I really wish I could return this game, but laws forbid it. Gee I wonder why pirating is so rampant. :rolleyes:

If you dislike a game soo much that even the thought of an expansion pack pisses you off at least think of some reasons before you come to a forum to complain about it.

Expansions are awesome, for those of us that actually like the game.
I will not be buying this, as IMO BF2 was the worst game purchase I have ever made.
I seriously wonder how this can be true. I guess you didnt read the min requirements and thought that your PII 450 could run it. Battlefield 2 is an amazing game (Yes it's made by EA and they suck but WHO CARES as long as the game is fun and enjoyable to play) This thread was about the release of an expansion for an awesome game. Granted it's not for everyone but don't take it as an opportunity to crap on a fantastic game (read the reviews if you don't think it's fantastic).

I enjoy the game enough, despite the occasional glitch, that I have no problem paying for a some new maps and weapons. I've never really had any major issues with the game other than a dying video card, but that wasn't the game's fault.

And what's $40? I spend more than that taking my GF to the movies every week.

Alright for 24.90 I'm not going to jump on a soapbox, but I agree that getting BF2 to a stable level should have been their primary concern, not releasing a pay-for expansion pack in less then 6 months.
The browser is still botched above and beyond the average stupidity and that needs fixing. I'll probably buy the expansion from someone on the forums for like $15 when they jump on a soap box about how much they hate the game.

For now, I'll see you all in BF2 as either a medic of specOps.

Ya all you haters suck. BF2 is a very fun game with very few problems post 1.03 patch. If you bought it and don't like it then your not a gamer. Period.

I'll wait for some reviews on any expansion packs though.

After upgrading my video card and adding ram, BF2 is an awesome game to play, sure there's some crummy server interface and small glitches, but c'mon, it's a blast to play, and if the expansion is less vehicle oriented and I can finally do some real sniping and spec ops, bring it on! (after the price comes down a little - lol) There aren't really any better multiplayer shooters out there right now that are this expansive, anyway, see ya online... :cool:

The Donut said:
Your version is in USD and doesn't include shipping.

The Canadians use $ signs to represent their money just like us?

Shipping will be free. Any order thats from Amazon over $25 qualifies for their Super Saver Shipping.

Polish Ninja said:
What is it that people think is broken in BF2? I'm so tired of hearing people bitching about BF2 and EA, no one EVER says what it is they think is broken. The OP simply stated the release date of the game and here's what some people had to say.

If you dislike a game soo much that even the thought of an expansion pack pisses you off at least think of some reasons before you come to a forum to complain about it.

I have stated numerous times what I think wrong is with BF2, in addition I very clearly said I got sick of it. I will complain about software I purchased, which I cannot return, because that is my right as a customer.

Polish Ninja said:
Not complaining about EA relasing broken games, complaining about EA trying to milk anything and everything for more money

pigpen said:
too true. I think the majority of the, "all the bugs, EA sucks, woe is me" folks don't even play the game. They just show up to hate on EA. If there was ever a game that i would be more than happy to pay for expanding, it's BF2. Not to mention that the expansion isn't just a couple more maps. There are actually going to be completely new features like the zip lines and new weapons.
You can always tell the folks who didn't follow BF1942 apart...

Actually the gameplay isn't glitchy it's the network code which causes lag issues and the POS gamespy browser of frustration and teeth pulling numbnuttery that pisses ME OFF!
otherwise on a good server it's fun for me regardless of tech issues.

my opinion is that they did release a beta but hey doesn't EA always?

$$$$$$$$$ people.

I have not read up on these expansions. Are they special maps/weapons/classes? Or can this expansion be played along side 'unexpanded' players.

In case folks forgor Special Weps of WW2 and Road to Rome, were regarded as pretty weak expansions for BF2. I think they went for 25 a piece. I didnt bite, too cheap. They were only mildly popular taking up 10-20% of the servers tops. As time went on, they all but went away. Wonder what will happen this time..

I want EA to release these, make some money, so we can get on with the player mods! :eek:

The expansion is supposed to add night combat w/ infrared goggles, tear gas, grapple hooks, zip lines, new vehicles (pickup trucks w/ TOWs, sedans, jet skis), and a few more maps. It'll definately change the way the existing maps are played so I doubt it'll be compatible with the original game.

pics

EA vid1 EA vid2

Honestly I'm dying to see more community support of the game!
I want custom maps and stuff in the mix.

I think the game is great. It plays great aside from a few minor annoyances. I haven't ever played a game that didn't have it's annoyances/bugs from the git go. I'll be buying the expansion pack.

Does anyone know this though. According to what I've seen on the expansion pack, it's supposed to introduce some nighttime scenarios, so does that mean that scopes for sniper rifles will get some kind of nightvision enhancement?

Look Im not saying bf2 sucks or anything because it's a lot better now than it was after release (wtf ea, no sm support for the 4xxx series) and it took 30 minutes to load a map, but it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when I dish out $50 for a game, come home, and the game is buggy as hell and they've already announced an expansion.

flapbreaker said:
Ya all you haters suck. BF2 is a very fun game with very few problems post 1.03 patch. If you bought it and don't like it then your not a gamer. Period.

I'll wait for some reviews on any expansion packs though.

Don't be retarded. "Period".

Let me just say that there are a lot of reasons why someone could not like this game. I bought it and got some enjoyment out of it, but it didnt have the appeal 1942 did and has some pretty horrible level design at times. That and it just wasn't all that innovative.

Stormlifter said:
Honestly I'm dying to see more community support of the game!
I want custom maps and stuff in the mix.

I'm not sure how much community support there will be for the game, since I don't think mods are allowed on ranked servers. I don't think I'd play a mod unless it was a total conversion.

Back