BF2 Replacement

strohs

n00b
I have been playing BF2 for awhile now but it is starting to get old to me. Are there any other FPS on a masive scale that are as good or better? I cant get into 2142 just a little too far out there. I hear there might be some good ones comming out but I dont know what they are.

Did you like Operation Flashpoint? Armed Assault if you did. Or Operation Flashpoint if you haven't played that yet. That's a game with scale....

Armed Assault isn't out yet, but it's coming. Modern warfare like BF2.

I think the Armed Assault demo is out there to download. I didn't think AA was anything remotely resembling BF2. It was much more tactical and less run' n' gun.

Did you like Operation Flashpoint? Armed Assault if you did. Or Operation Flashpoint if you haven't played that yet. That's a game with scale....

I loved Operation Flashpoint. I lost my copy ages ago and I haven't been able to find a store with it in stock in forever. Except once I went by half-priced books and they had about 15 copies for $7 each. But I didn't have any cash or a card with me or anything. By the time I made it back there, they didn't have it anymore.

It's a great game.

I had operation flashpoint but that was a long time ago and I never was able to get into it. Although the computer I was using at the time wasnt very good I cant remember what it was anymore though.

how about day of defeat source? and everbody love counter strike source.

tribes, tribes 2, and UT 2004 are all epic, large scale games that have vehicles and large teams.....

of course, the average BF player isn't as skilled as the average Tribes/Tribes2/UT2004 player, but these are all great, great games to try out if you are looking to expand your actual skill as an FPS player

BF1942: Desert Combat ;)
I hear Quake Wars will be pretty good. Youtube the videos to see how it'll play. It may seem linear but Wolfenstein:ET had similar linear play and it was awesome. You can still sneak around and explore as well.

Fiscal 2008.

OP: You might want to look into Wofenstein: Enemy Territory. You could also try America's Army since it's free.

Just to clarift QuakeWars will be released between: 1st April 2007 and 4th August 2007
bascially between the start of fiscal year 08 and QuakeCon 07

so while we could be in for a few more months, its almost here. Latest review was more critical abt the ballance (no real mention of bugs) and some serious praise on the Canyon map

I have played Day of Defeat and CS:S before I picked up BF2. So I am not going to go back to those again. UT 2004 I like playing in a LAN enviroment with the other people right there just me, maybe. I have heard about quake wars and RB6 Vegas might have to check those out. Thanks for the info.

Just to clarift QuakeWars will be released between: 1st April 2007 and 4th August 2007
bascially between the start of fiscal year 08 and QuakeCon 07

so while we could be in for a few more months, its almost here. Latest review was more critical abt the ballance (no real mention of bugs) and some serious praise on the Canyon map

He just tried to sound dramatic

Have you tried the Point of Existence BF2 mod yet?

This is an excellent mod. I haven't tried the Project Reality mod but I've heard good things. There is also the US Intervention mod that's pretty beefy.

Fuel of War looks very promising. I wasnt able to find very much about it though.

I've been playing War Rock quite a bit lately, it's like a faster more action oriented BF2. Still kinda buggy & the graphics aren't the best, but it's free :)

Looks like GR:AW2 is going to be freaking awesome. Scheduled to drop end of March. Several different game modes promise to make it pretty interesting to more people.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/764/764473p1.html There are a couple of videos on the 2nd page. I've been playing Clancy games since Rogue Spear and must admit I'm even a little giddy about the outlook of this game. :)

Back