BF2 Problem

JOESKURTU said:
Anyone know how to change your screen name?

Please do not say create a new account! I am out of email addresses. :mad:

They really need to drop GAMESPYWARE.

I'd tell you the only solution I know, but you said not to say it.

Hotmail and Yahoo are free email sevices.

Just installed the retail BF2 and it is a POS. Crashing all the time, no WS resolution support, and major hitching in game.
:mad:

Stu55 said:
Whenever I try to play BF2 it shows the screen that says Battefield 2 then it starts to go then it comes up with this message:
BF2 (v1.0.2442.0, pid: 3804) : BF2.exe- Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Yes, I have reinstalled it.

Well, a week ago I was experiencing the same problems with the demo and wanted to add my two cents...

Firstly, if you read the supplied documentation with the game, you'll notice that the 6600 is not listed as a supported video card...I know because I HAD the BFG 6600 GT OC and luckily returned it within it's 30 day guarantee from the retail store purchased. Fry's rocks for that kinda stuff...

The second simplest way to test the aforementioned dilemna is to remove the card and place it in someone elses tower and see if the same problem ensues. I know this now as I spent three solid days with video drivers, system reinstalls, etc etc...to no avail on my own system.

I must mention that BFG was really good with tech support and were always around when I needed my hand held on the phone no matter what time of day or night. Kudos! But no solution was found on their end. Not to mention that there is no "forum" from EA games that deals with user problems. LAME!

Theres also a chance that you are having problems with interrupt settings dealing with the plug and play portion of your BIOS...or possibly voltage variances within your overall power supply chain...but I won't even try to go there....

Best of luck!

kpedge said:
I'd tell you the only solution I know, but you said not to say it.

Hotmail and Yahoo are free email sevices.

Thanks anyhow. I am just annoyed by it.

In-fact I have yet to see my stats move forward at all. I think there are some more underlying issues with them using gamespy they have yet to address.

Here's my issue along with a timetable:

BF2 demo and game and all other games run fine.
I uninstall Radeon 9800 drivers and use catalyst uninstaller from ATI.
Installed BFG 6800GT and latest nvidia drivers.
BF2 now runs, but just plain stops for two seconds regularly here and there.
3DMark also does this, but Doom3 doesn't.
Tried driver from BF2 DVD and same deal.

3DMark also doing this tells me its a DX9 issue. Dxdiag also slows down the same way when I do the tests. But it all still works. So I think figuring out how to clean and reinstall DX9c could be the answer to many problems. Anyone have any ideas?

Just installed the game and it kept returning to the desktop whithout any apparent reason (no erros were shown), so I turned off folding@home and it seems to work fine now. I remeber having the same problem with another game. If any of you are foldig at the same time, that could be the problem.

A64 3000+
R9800 Pro w/ Omega latest drivers
2x256 OCZ bh6

I just purchased and installed BF2 last night and ran into a few problems myself but was able to correct them so I post the info I have here.

The demo played perfectly so I didn't change any of my settings
Computer
AMD 3200 Winchester
K8N Neo2 Platinum NF3
2X512MB OCZ EL Platinum Rev2
BFG 6800GT
Audigy Gamer

After installing BF2, CD version, when I went into Single player and loaded a map, as soon as the map started my system totally crashed and rebooted. Tried loading map again after reboot, same problem. Thought it could be my overclock on either the CPU or GPU but they have never given me a problem in months. Lowered all overclocks, same problem. I then remembered I had turned my Virtual Memory to 0 while running some benchmarks. Gave the system 1536MB of VM and everything has been smoothe and crash free.

I then heard that some people had suggested 2GB of RAM. So having an extra two sticks of OCZ EL PLatinum Rev2 sitting unused, I put them in the system. First the rig wouldn't even POST so I removed the sticks, went into the BIOS and set everything to AUTO on the DRAM. Reinstalled the sticks and system posted just fine. Memory Frequency was reduced to 333MHz as it is supposed to and still was running 2,2,2,5,1T. Loaded up BF2 and in the middle of a map it just crashed and rebooted. So I removed the extra sticks. I haven't had the time yet to mess with it more and I suspect the extra 1GB of RAM problem may be due to the fact that one set of sticks is TCCD the other is TCC5. Maybe relaxing the timings will help stability.

Otherwise I haven't had any other problems except a bug or two in the game but doesn't affect gameplay.

Oldpeblo-

Have you tried shutting off the "Fast Writes" in the bios? A mutual friend had the exact same problem and this fixed his issues.

A couple of my friends were having similar issues. They were resolved by dropping the Desktop resolution to 800x600 then launching and setting the ingame resolution higher, then close it and reup the desktop resolution.

Skids1 said:
Oldpeblo-

Have you tried shutting off the "Fast Writes" in the bios? A mutual friend had the exact same problem and this fixed his issues.

Thanks for the tip, it could be that. I really coulnd't figure out how DX9c would have gotten hosed along the way, so that could explain it. Only problem is I went ahead and starting messing with DX9c uninstallers/reinstallers and now I really hosed my DX9c. :p When I figure out how to get it back to normal, I'll try the fastwrites trick.

Geez, now none of my games that require DX9c work. I think I might have to reinstall windows?

Stu55 said:
Geez, now none of my games that require DX9c work. I think I might have to reinstall windows?

At this point I would- if not you'll have some underlying issues forever.

This is a stupid question, but I can't remember, to reinstall windows it doesnt erase any of your files right? It's a shame that they didn't take they're time to code it well and make sure there was plenty of compatibility for hardware configurations. :mad: :(

You can do whats called a repair install where you boot from the CD, it finds your current windows install, and you run setup over the top of it. It should leave all your programs but reinstall windows pretty cleanly (unless you have major issues). Make sure you use the same CD and key that you installed with and make sure you dont accidently format your drive (pay attention!). You will have to reinstall your drivers. I just reinstalled SP2 which comes with DX9c and it solved all my DX problems. I am still having the issue though, so I'm now working on BIOS tweaks, etc. I also realized the power cable plugged into the 6800GT is shared with a hard drive, and I'm going to try to put it on hits own power cable in case its not getting enough power and throttling down or something. I'll keep posting what I find if its helpful for others.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having directx 9c problems with this game! :mad:

I'd rather pass on this game if I have to reinstall windows XP to play it.... I have a slipstreamed install of winXP SP2 but I'll be damned if I have to reinstall windows because directx won't reinstall! :mad: :eek:

Back