BF2 Post 1.3 Update

I got pretty excited when I read this, not for any reason listed but because a friend of mine's had some corruption in his 1.3 patch both time's he's installed, and the thing crashes at 50% loaded, which stinks, frankly, because we were really looking forward to some AF littlebirdage, but it looks like it's not going to be fixed.

Ah, well, at least I can play the damn game now... motherboard chipset interfering with PB of all things. Christ.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
No, it's not a different story. The 2142 engine IS the BF2 engine.

Oh, yeah, you heard about this open beta the'll be running for 2142? I forgot the link, but whatever, pre-ordered the damn game anyway...

Ludic said:
Expect it to have ALL of the same issues, because they still haven't fixed issues with the game from the initial release. Red name bug anyone?

I had the strangest red bug issue, the dud was on the other team but he had a blue tag...and to make it worst somehow he was in my squad! We "teamkilled" each other twice then realized what was going on and just kinda left each other alone.

hity645 said:
I had the strangest red bug issue, the dud was on the other team but he had a blue tag...and to make it worst somehow he was in my squad! We "teamkilled" each other twice then realized what was going on and just kinda left each other alone.

He must have been a spy.

My commander was dropping cars in one area, then used artillery on it trying to trap the enemy into using them. And the enemy commander was dropping it on my apc whenever I wasnt moving to repair.

I would like to see some sort of improvement on the "client data verification" part of the load screen. I don't have a lot of time for gaming and what little time I get, I'd rather not spend a significant portion of it waiting for games to load. More often than not when I would rather be playing BF2 I end up playing COD2 or something because there isn't as much wasted time.

They're never going to fix the red/blue bug.
They're never going to fix the browser.

I can live with those two problems, but they really need to address the new crash ASAP and the new hacks.

Just hold down 'e' when sniping, you won't be crushed by cartillary.

Kind of bummed to hear that 2142 is the same engine. I don't know if I really want to play Tribes on the BF2 engine. :)

eastvillager said:
They're never going to fix the red/blue bug.
They're never going to fix the browser.

I can live with those two problems, but they really need to address the new crash ASAP and the new hacks.

Just hold down 'e' when sniping, you won't be crushed by cartillary.

Kind of bummed to hear that 2142 is the same engine. I don't know if I really want to play Tribes on the BF2 engine. :)

I played Tribes 2 yesterday,great game, i miss it :(

What new hacks?

The things that pissing me off about the new patch is it's just laggier. The number of times my sniper rifle spontaneously de-scopes has doubled and on top of that hit detection is different. I'm ok with a sniper rifle and the pre-1.3 headshot zone has moved. As an example i was missing a guy over and over - a stationary guy while I'm prone - on Wake. He charges me, dies on a claymore, I'm almost out of ammo so I grab his medic kit (<3 AK) and land 4 headshots in a row on his teammates. I was like, wtf. Then I get accused of cheating, etc, etc, etc.

Back