• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 Patch Tomorrow!

pigpen said:
good point. I don't really want to get into the conversation, but here's my two cents on booster packs for BF2. I paid $35 for BF2. It was worth every cent. Simply put, it's the best multiplayer game ever created for the PC. I bought HL2 for $50. Great game, but after two weeks i never touched it again. I think cumulatively i've probably played BF2 for about 300 hours. So if you just look at the entertainment investment.

Say i bought BF2 for $50

$50 for BF2 / 300 hours (and i'm sure more to come) = .17c per hour

$50 for HL2 / maybe 15 hours to beat = $3.33 per hour

now do that math backwards. 15 hours of HL2 at BF2's going rate of 17 cents per hour = $2.55 EA would have charged me for HL2.

pretty good investment IMO. $10 for 3 more maps that will then turn into ??? more hours? Again, worth every penny.

and of course, if you play CS:S that would change dramatically. But i think CS:S sucks. :p


My brain! Its meellttinngg MEELLTTINNGGG!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
the thing that Valve has going for them though is teh Mods for HL2, abunch are gonna start rolling out. Its gonna be pretty sweet soon.

But ive definately gotten my money's worth out of BF2! :D :D
 
I really hope this new patch fixes the loadings.

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 MINUTES FOR A MAP TO LOAD, ONLY TO THEN LOAD ANOTHER MAP???? That makes no sense.
 
Hulk said:
I really hope this new patch fixes the loadings.

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 MINUTES FOR A MAP TO LOAD, ONLY TO THEN LOAD ANOTHER MAP???? That makes no sense.

Everyone else puts up with it so we should quietly play along too :rolleyes: I really wish they would shorten load times as well. Take away the bloat so that we can enjoy the meat and potatoes.

PS. You sig is too big, 10 lines max my friend.
 
2gb ram definately helps with the load times :D :p

I seriously cannot wait for this patch. Gonna be up all night waiting for my new AT & sniper unlocks!

It's still sad that it took them this long to fix obvious bugs.. :(
 
And I thought the loads times with my specs were long....1 minute or more and then to identify or compare or whatever it says another minute.
 
I love losing my internet connection during gameplay for no reason.
 
Hmm... I think I'll get back into this game when this patch is released. Haven't played in a while.
 
Wow..All I have to say..is the patch is great...Playing it now..it was released in EU
Have it now..its the incremental patch..but hey it works!!
PM me..I may have a link for ya
 
planetbattlefield is now stating that tommorrow is definately the official release date for the patch.
 
thats fine..wait till tomorrow..Im playing it now..Just got my P90 unlocked

Sweet gun
 
I renamed my movie folder and the game starts fine with the incremental patch installed.

You renamed an .exe? Why?
 
Naw. not a cd crack. I read somewhere that renaming the .exe would improve performance because windows associated the filename BF2.exe with something else. I can't remember exactly and right now I'm half-crocked so I can't think straight regardless.

Anyways, I ended up re-installing BF2 and the patches and it seems to work now. Still trying to find a patched server.
 
Booby McNipples said:
Naw. not a cd crack. I read somewhere that renaming the .exe would improve performance because windows associated the filename BF2.exe with something else. I can't remember exactly and right now I'm half-crocked so I can't think straight regardless.

Anyways, I ended up re-installing BF2 and the patches and it seems to work now. Still trying to find a patched server.


Lol what? I think you got your tail pulled big time.
 
Its out and its mostly very good. Inf combat is much better with the notable exception of the sniper rifles which IMO didn't need any more accuracy.

Tanks are suitably godlike and very DCish. Still as vulnerable to AT rockets.

Performance is *much* better; much smoother. Cant believe it took em this long to get it to v1.0. ;)
 
IceWind said:
Lol what? I think you got your tail pulled big time.

LOL, you may be right! It was this:

I read on Filefront a nice little tip that helped me out with the choppiness problem. It may help you out also. Give me your feedback as to wether or not this helps. It has worked miracles for myself.

"I found this out in some Brothers in Arms forums a few weeks ago, I thought it might work for BF2 and it did. So I'm here to share it with those of you with framerate issues/overall lag.

It's very simple really. All you have to do is go to your EAGames/Battlefield 2 folder. Find the .exe file labeled "BF2". Rename this file to "BF2*whatever else you want*" where the stuff after BF2 is custom. You could even just put a 1, 2, highframerate, 1337, whatever. Doesn't matter. Just make it so it says something besides BF2.

After this is done, find your launch icon on your desktop (if you have one), go to Properties and adjust the target line to fit the icon you just renamed the standard "BF2" from. Hit apply, and you're done.
Your icon for BF2 may or may not change to a blank .exe symbol, and ASE may ask if you uninstalled, but rest assured everything is still where it should be.

"Well what does this do then?" you ask. Put simply, it turns BF2 from a resource and system hog to a regular, stable game. As far as I know it has something to do with Nvidia and ATI creating special "game profiles" that work with the game to "maximize performance" and run special stuff that's directly related to the game. Turns out you don't need any of that. After applying this change, both my copy of BiA and BF2 run at higher FPS's than ever, even with settings upped some. I was playing on a server in Denmark with 64 players with NO LAG!"

From here:

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?t=117&page=9

Did I notice any improvement you ask? Shit if I know! :) But I'll tweak anything if I can.
 
Sniper weapons are very accurate...but the most accurate weapons in the Game are the Support weapons now...

you will prolly notice alot more kills from the M249 and the PKM...up to 8 times more accurate than last patch. WOW!

shooting down the UAV ...very nice..very easy

Bringing down a chopper with just 1 anti-Tank round and my Buddy spraying it with PKM fire...very nice...

gameplay is very smooth...and finally a stamina bar that works.!
 
Col_Hogan said:
but the most accurate weapons in the Game are the Support weapons now...

you will prolly notice alot more kills from the M249 and the PKM...up to 8 times more accurate than last patch. WOW!

I hope it doesnt turn out like early BFV, where everyone was running around with an M60.
 
I am starting to get back into BF2 now. I played it a lot during the summer, but gave it up when school started. I was too fed up with all the issues. However, it's growing on me again. I am downloading the patch now.

My little bro messed up my original account, so I started a new one. What unlocks do you think I should go for. I love being a medic, so the L85 will obviously be my first choice. Not sure about the others though. Last time, I got the G36C which was ok.
 
I renamed my movies and .exe file too and it won't boot. Can I fix this without reinstalling?
 
FYI - This patch hasn't been officially released by EA. This patch works but EA won't comment on it. Wacky...
 
Opie said:
...
Tanks are suitably godlike and very DCish. Still as vulnerable to AT rockets.

Performance is *much* better; much smoother. Cant believe it took em this long to get it to v1.0. ;)

Every been around a REAL tank? Yah, they are that way. And AT rockets are designed to... um, take out tanks... go figure huh ;)

Hehe - I hear you on the "yay we reached 1.0!" Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow to test it out - going out to dinner with the wife, daughter and her fiancee, and two other couples... sigh... damn social life getting in the way of my gaming!

Peace,
Tim

 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Wow, man. Scroll up. You're even on the right page let alone the right thread... rofl


I tried that one and am just getting never ending loading. :(
 
You mean it doesn't download or it doesn't stop when trying to install it?

You also may want to note that this patch has been LEAKED. It isn't official according to EA.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
You mean it doesn't download or it doesn't stop when trying to install it?

Just like a white page comes up and that's it (not downloading.)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
You also may want to note that this patch has been LEAKED. It isn't official according to EA.

I'm very impatient ;)
 
Back
Top