• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 Patch Tomorrow!

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
6,513
THE FOLLOWING LINK NO LONGER HAS A TIME/DATE STAMP FOR PATCH RELEASE

http://www.battlefield2.nl/

A very reliable source that has been correct on more than one occasion regarding BF2 related data and release dates.

FYI - 1800 CET translates to 10am in Phoenix, AZ

Edit: A Community update just released from EA today:

"We have some good news for you regarding Patch 1.2. The patch has now undergone its final phase before release, and is currently being prepared to be released very soon. We will update you further when we know the exact day the patch will be released.

I want to extend our thanks to the fans for helping us grapple with the issues that have made your game play less than an optimal experience at times. We are pleased with the improvements in the patch and sincerely hope you are all pleased with the work we’ve done."

EDIT AGAIN: The original link I gleaned this info from has REMOVED the date/time for the patch release. Grrrr... Last time I trust this site.
 
No. The next "booster" pack will be available "within 1-2 weeks" of the release of the patch according to EA.
 
W00T! If all the changes that EA promised are included then this will be an awesome patch.

 
Yeah a patch.

And what is the difference between paying for a booster pack or paying for WoW. Really, I mean other than the server costs (which EA still has due to the fact that they setup such a robust tracking engine).

If you would pay 15 bucks to play WoW each month, then 10-20 bucks for a booster pack to continue with a similar experience does not seem extreme.
 
Treyshadow said:
Yeah a patch.

And what is the difference between paying for a booster pack or paying for WoW. Really, I mean other than the server costs (which EA still has due to the fact that they setup such a robust tracking engine).

If you would pay 15 bucks to play WoW each month, then 10-20 bucks for a booster pack to continue with a similar experience does not seem extreme.

good point. I don't really want to get into the conversation, but here's my two cents on booster packs for BF2. I paid $35 for BF2. It was worth every cent. Simply put, it's the best multiplayer game ever created for the PC. I bought HL2 for $50. Great game, but after two weeks i never touched it again. I think cumulatively i've probably played BF2 for about 300 hours. So if you just look at the entertainment investment.

Say i bought BF2 for $50

$50 for BF2 / 300 hours (and i'm sure more to come) = .17c per hour

$50 for HL2 / maybe 15 hours to beat = $3.33 per hour

now do that math backwards. 15 hours of HL2 at BF2's going rate of 17 cents per hour = $2.55 EA would have charged me for HL2.

pretty good investment IMO. $10 for 3 more maps that will then turn into ??? more hours? Again, worth every penny.

and of course, if you play CS:S that would change dramatically. But i think CS:S sucks. :p
 
pigpen said:
good point. I don't really want to get into the conversation, but here's my two cents on booster packs for BF2. I paid $35 for BF2. It was worth every cent. Simply put, it's the best multiplayer game ever created for the PC. I bought HL2 for $50. Great game, but after two weeks i never touched it again. I think cumulatively i've probably played BF2 for about 300 hours. So if you just look at the entertainment investment.

Say i bought BF2 for $50

$50 for BF2 / 300 hours (and i'm sure more to come) = .17c per hour

$50 for HL2 / maybe 15 hours to beat = $3.33 per hour

now do that math backwards. 15 hours of HL2 at BF2's going rate of 17 cents per hour = $2.55 EA would have charged me for HL2.

pretty good investment IMO. $10 for 3 more maps that will then turn into ??? more hours? Again, worth every penny.

I bought HL2 for CS:S :D And i've logged in mannnny hours in that.
 
I hope they make a professional patch this time around, unlike the last patch, which even leaves a registry key called "My Company Name"
 
yeeeeeeeey *jumps and claps like a little girl* end to bunny hoppin and dolphin divin... the day shall come tomorrow, i will download and install the patch with a smile on my face...
and the new sniper rifle - i'm looking forward to it, one shot kill they say.
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
I bought HL2 for CS:S :D And i've logged in mannnny hours in that.


haha. I actually got that in an edit that you beat me to. So maybe HL2 isn't the best example for everybody. Fear, Quake 4, COD2. I'm sure there are a lot of people playing those MP's too, but i would think the majority droped $50, played through the SP, then never touched them again. And if you own a PS2 without Internet like my bro-in-law, every one of his games were $50 and all of them were single player, beat in a week, stored in a drawer.
 
i only started bunny hopping cause everyone else was doing it. then i became really addicted too it, because no one would kill me, and I would just kick some arse..... i cant lie, im a stat whore on all games, especially cs lol

but this game will be alot more fun when its gone, because everyone will be playing normal again! :D
 
fodder0 said:
i only started bunny hopping cause everyone else was doing it. then i became really addicted too it, because no one would kill me, and I would just kick some arse.


You SOB








j/k ;)
 
I use the "bunny-hop" to avoid getting shot but I don't shot while I'm jumping. Does that make me hated? lol Should I stop doing that? When the patch is released I'll still be able to hop a few times to avoid getting shot until my stamina runs out. Will I still be hated? :confused:
 
Does this patch ban idiots from playing the game? It is really annoying getting TKed only to have someone say "That was plane man!"

I was really turned off to BF2, fun for awhile but overall it was a poor beta when released and I just couldn't stand the laziness of the coders/developers.

A clunky/slow game wrapped in a clunky/slow engine, with a clunky/slow server system, with clunky/slow load times. Why should I have to wait 5 minutes just to start playing the damn game? I much prefer the 15-30 second wait time of Guild Wars, or the 1 minute wait time from click to kill in HL2 based games like CS and DoD.


And no my system was not poor, and I get much better playable visuals in most other games than I do with BF2. Hell I can play 1680x1050 with max settings and full HDR in DoD:S. I can barely play 1680x1050 on low in BF2. I can play 1680x1050 with full AA and AF in Guild Wars (still the best coded game / game engine ever IMO).
 
Yeah, the BF2 engine isn't the best but hopefully this patch will smooth it out. Otherwise, theres always BF2:MC on 360 coming out :D
 
Erasmus354 said:
Does this patch ban idiots from playing the game? It is really annoying getting TKed only to have someone say "That was plane man!"

I was really turned off to BF2, fun for awhile but overall it was a poor beta when released and I just couldn't stand the laziness of the coders/developers.

A clunky/slow game wrapped in a clunky/slow engine, with a clunky/slow server system, with clunky/slow load times. Why should I have to wait 5 minutes just to start playing the damn game? I much prefer the 15-30 second wait time of Guild Wars, or the 1 minute wait time from click to kill in HL2 based games like CS and DoD.


And no my system was not poor, and I get much better playable visuals in most other games than I do with BF2. Hell I can play 1680x1050 with max settings and full HDR in DoD:S. I can barely play 1680x1050 on low in BF2. I can play 1680x1050 with full AA and AF in Guild Wars (still the best coded game / game engine ever IMO).

Everyone deals with it. That's the only difference between you and the other one million that play BF2.
 
Erasmus354 said:
Does this patch ban idiots from playing the game? It is really annoying getting TKed only to have someone say "That was plane man!"

I was really turned off to BF2, fun for awhile but overall it was a poor beta when released and I just couldn't stand the laziness of the coders/developers.

A clunky/slow game wrapped in a clunky/slow engine, with a clunky/slow server system, with clunky/slow load times. Why should I have to wait 5 minutes just to start playing the damn game? I much prefer the 15-30 second wait time of Guild Wars, or the 1 minute wait time from click to kill in HL2 based games like CS and DoD.


And no my system was not poor, and I get much better playable visuals in most other games than I do with BF2. Hell I can play 1680x1050 with max settings and full HDR in DoD:S. I can barely play 1680x1050 on low in BF2. I can play 1680x1050 with full AA and AF in Guild Wars (still the best coded game / game engine ever IMO).
I have to agree on loading time.. it loads fairly fast but then the verifying starts, eventhough I have 2 gigs of ram sometimes it's just takes forever to get in the game.
 
I'm just looking forward to the day when I fire SAM's or AAM's that they track my target and NOT my teammates. May the days of the 90 degree pivots be forgotten. And yes, I am a jet whore cause I love to fly and it shows... :D
 
I've all but stopped playing BF2. I bought the special forces pack when it was launched and have probably played it about 10 times. The night maps are horrid. The aircraft carrier is even more horrid. I also simply can't be bothered with the loading times, the server browser, the lag / hit detection, losing connection to servers while it loads, and the sheer abundance of people that don't have a clue how to play.

I doubt the new patch will improve on any of these things, but I'll give it a try anyway. In the meantime, I'll be playing Wolf ET, where I can be on a lag-free server in about 20 seconds, playing with skilled teammates & opponents.
 
I haven't looked around for info on the patch yet, so maybe someone can answer a question:

Do Stingers/IGLAs actually hit stuff now? Besides teammates and whatever UFO they sail off to destroy when you fire without locks? Seriously. Either make them one shot fighter/bombers, or at least let them hit a guy who's turning... and while you are at it, try making the AAA chainguns actually do damage.

Speaking of which, I found some realism mod for BF2 about a week ago. It was hilarious. I mean, spotting a jet heading towards you on a bombing run, opening up on them with the AAA, and actually having them explode as opposed to laugh at you. It almost brought a tear to my eye.... but it WAS balanced. If he's incoming and you're semi prepared, he gets to drop bombs right as he explodes.. so it's MAD...

Anywho, I'll probably keep playing the game sporatically until a certain Ostfront arrives.
 
Just started playing the game after like a 5+ month break

Seems to run better ( I patched it and have new ATI drivers ) but the game still lags like CRAZY. Hopefully Quake Wars will come out soon and blow this game away :D
 
bazylik said:
yeeeeeeeey *jumps and claps like a little girl* end to bunny hoppin and dolphin divin... the day shall come tomorrow, i will download and install the patch with a smile on my face...
and the new sniper rifle - i'm looking forward to it, one shot kill they say.

how exactly does the patch work?

I mean, could you still run and "dolphin dive" behind some sandbags while the enemy is still shooting at you?

And what about the maps with flags that are on top of concrete buildings where you have to get a running start to jump? How would the patch know that you are running and jumping to get to the other side of a ledge?
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Everyone deals with it. That's the only difference between you and the other one million that play BF2.

Just because a multitude of people "deal" with problems doesn't make them less of a problem. Other developers find ways to make the playing experience more enjoyable, while EA seems to find ways to make it more bloated. Dont get me wrong, the game itself is A LOT of fun when you have the right opponents/teammates. The main problem for me is the hassle and the runaround you have to go through to just start shooting stuff.

In this day and age it is all about instant gratification. Computers keep getting faster and faster, yet with BF2 they somehow managed to INCREASE wait times. Shoot, Starsiege Tribes loaded faster on my Athlon700 then BF2 does on my Athlon64 at 2.4GHz.

If they somehow have managed to decrease the fluff about the game and actually find a way to make it more enjoyable and less work/waiting then maybe I will get back into it. In the meantime I stick to my opinion that BF2 is a great game that has been neutered by a moronic publisher and a lazy development team.
 
Hulk said:
how exactly does the patch work?

I mean, could you still run and "dolphin dive" behind some sandbags while the enemy is still shooting at you?

And what about the maps with flags that are on top of concrete buildings where you have to get a running start to jump? How would the patch know that you are running and jumping to get to the other side of a ledge?

My understanding is that you can still dive, but you can NOT fire while doing so. Bunny hop is the same I believe. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
 
My understanding of the bunny hopping prevention was simply that you no longer have infinite 'breath' and so you can't keep jumping about because you rapidly run of of breath.

Jumping has always taken off breath when you run, it's just that it never prevented you from jumping. Perhaps this has just been a long outstanding bug.
 
I can't wait to see all the fucktards who can't bunny hop kill anymore and get there asses rapped now that they don't have that "skill" to protect them.
 
The patch increases the time to go prone and prevents you from shooting while jumping and going prone, much like when you are sprinting.
 
[RCKY] Thor said:
The patch increases the time to go prone and prevents you from shooting while jumping and going prone, much like when you are sprinting.


That will make my life 200% better online because 90% of the time I die because some fuck nut jumps and crouches while shooting at me and manages to kill me before I get a shot off.
 
It would be nice if the patch came out, but I highly doubt it so soon. Maybe later in February.

The Grenade launchers are going to be much more fun. I'm going to try trick shots ... banking off walls and such.

And no, the sniper rifle will not be a 1-shot kill unless it is a headshot.
 
Found this on totalbf2.com with a interview they did with them concerning this patch:

Official Change Log for Patch 1.2:

* Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
* Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
* Prone Spamming is now fixed
* Sprint exploit is now fixed
* Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
* TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
* Damage decreased from M134
* Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
* AA missile lock has been improved
* All support kit weapons have been adjusted
* All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
* Sa80 has been adjusted
* G3A3 has been adjusted
* Reload while sprinting has been enabled
* Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
* SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
* Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
* Server search filters now work properly
* Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
* Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
* Flash bang effect radius decreased
* Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
* Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
* Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
* Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
* Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
* The LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
* Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
* Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
* Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
* Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
* Fixed bug with capturing a flag from outside of the flag radius.
* Fixed map selection screen issue on Wetlands
* Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been address on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
* Tanks taking damage from the terrain has been reduced
* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
* The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently
* The distance for throwing hand grenade, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased



* Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.

I wonder how much this will provide?!
 
Yeah, good for the m203 newbs... no more random spamming to get kills.

And finally that performance fix. :D
 
Bring it EA/Dice. Let's pray to all gods that this patch will help not hinder this game.


Let us pray.... :eek:
 
Thanks...good Info WhyyouLoveMe...Hopefully it does show up tomorrow...BF2 Servers will be hammered once again...Cant wait...
 
I love how they may possibly release it on Valentines day, now I dont have to celebrate another lame Hallmark holiday.
 
fazzman said:
I love how they may possibly release it on Valentines day, now I dont have to celebrate another lame Hallmark holiday.

Huh? You mean if a game patch comes out on V day, your Valentine gives you a free pass? :D
 
Back
Top