BF2: No No list

So we're (the squad) rolling down the street in an APC and come up behind a tank which is busy looking elsewhere. So the plan is, we drive up, place some C4 and blow it!

The driver carefully drive up behind the tank... and just then some FUCK at the gun mount on top of the APC opens up at the tank, which of course turn the turret around and blows us all to pieces. I hate that.

No wait... that fuck was me.

Never mind :)

WhyYouLoveMe said:
20. If you're a medic... why would you run right past a guy screamin' for a medic? Why wouldn't you heal a teammate whose health is low? Why would you jump in a vehicle all by yourself and drive off whilst the others watch in horror as your vehicle runs over an enemy mine? Why o why must the medic be a loner? Why o why? I call all medics to do... well... medic stuff. :)

Things aren't always that simple.

When you see a dead teammate, what do you think?

The first question that comes to my mind as a Medic is..."Who killed him?". With that question comes the realization that whoever killed him is probably still nearby and, in all likelihood, still has their POV on his corpse. Running out to revive him will just mean there are two corpses instead of one.

I clear the area first, then revive. If I get to the soldier in time then it's all good. If I can't get to them then that's tough luck. If they're within a few feet of my armor I'll hop out, revive, then immediately jump back in. I'm not going to stick around and get killed just to appease someone though.

Anyways...

The only thing that truly pisses me off so far is how much flak that the Commander can get. I play Commander 95% of the time and I am usually doing 2~3 things at once.

Rules for dealing with Commander;

1. If you ask for something, be patient.
2. If you see a big red target on the map, DO NOT GO INTO IT!
3. Expect to be treated as well as you treat others (I think twice about aiding people who are assholes to the rest of the team). Be a dick and you might not get your supply drop (In contrast, I will go out of my way to help even a single unit as long as they're being polite/patient).

Don't hang out on the aircraft carrier when that is your only spawn point. Get off and try to get some flags and when someone gets one, try and hold it. I've played that Dalian or whatever map that is with the nuclear power plant, and I was the only guy for the entire battle that captured any points on the mainland and probably the only one that touch solid ground. Everyone else was waiting for choppers and planes only to get shot down right away or crash, along with the rest screaming "OMG GUY"S ON OUR BOAT!!!!11!"

If you are hurt and all of the sudden your health starts going up, and you aren't in any immediate danger, STAND STILL. I've seen so many people in the 10% health range with no enemies around that would not stand still to be healed. Tossing health kits doesn't get their attention so I try manually.

If a medic heals you, and the medic gets shot, if you can, grab his kit and revive him. It's the G key to swap kits. Not only do you get those points, your team doesn't lose another ticket and both are back in the game.

When a pilot yells 'bail out' jump out of the plane or helo.

If you were teamkilled and you know it was your fault, hit the page up key. Don't punish or just leave the option because it times out and will automatically punish the player.

If you see someone trying to regain a flag, go over and help. Don't stand outside of the flag capping area. I don't know how many times I've seen people stand just out of flag range and do nothing. Hint, the flags capture much faster the more people there are in the flag area.

Calibrate your freakin mics! I've heard excellent well balanced, phone quality audio from some people so I know it is possible. It shouldn't sound like you are screaming through a walkie talkie and distorting because you peaked 10 decibels ago.

When played right, this is an incredible game. When filled with morons it can be the most frustrating game ever.

LynxFX said:
Calibrate your freakin mics! I've heard excellent well balanced, phone quality audio from some people so I know it is possible. It shouldn't sound like you are screaming through a walkie talkie and distorting because you peaked 10 decibels ago.

I've tried everything and it still doesn't seem to work right. Sry. :)

finalgt said:
You can be in denial and believe you didn't waste $50 despite all the problems with this game, but that doesn't mean I can't say why I think I did, to ward off the people who still haven't bought it, pal.

...and once again, you ignore the response to your earlier crap. it isn't the game we're complaining about, it is some of the people who play it.

You, on the other hand are just crapping away.

If you want to bitch about the game itself, perhaps you can start your own thread?

I apologize. Please continue to bitch about only one of the specific subsets of problems with the game.

finalgt said:
Already did.

You can be in denial and believe you didn't waste $50 despite all the problems with this game, but that doesn't mean I can't say why I think I did, to ward off the people who still haven't bought it, pal.

It is thread crapping. This is good info for most new players of the game. These are not PROBLEMS with the GAME. The game works perfectly, its the people playing the game. The thread was made to help gameplay in general.

Example: People dying when running in front of jeeps is not a problem with the game. If I didnt die when hit with a vehicle the game would just plain suck.

I finish in the top 5 consistantly, But I never knew about the 'c' commanded when playing a copilot, this was useful info.

Here is my tip: If you want to get into a vehicle and minimize your chances of being hurt, hold the 'E' key as you run up to the vehicle. Normally you will enter the vehicle before you take possible damage. Many times even a head on collision wont kill you if you are holding the vehicle enter key when you are hit.

When in a vehicle: Let the guy repair your vehicle he is trying help. Also dont steal a vehicle that is being repaired. 90% of people will let the engineer fix his tank, but some have no idea why some one would leave a tank.

If you can't fly an attack chopper to save your life, then please don't get into the Super Cobra and crash it into my fully loaded, hovering, butt-kicking, enemy owning Blackhawk... This happend to me twice last night, causing me to get a ton of teamkills in a few minutes! What a disaster.

Lawdog said:
If you can't fly an attack chopper to save your life, then please don't get into the Super Cobra and crash it into my fully loaded, hovering, butt-kicking, enemy owning Blackhawk... This happend to me twice last night, causing me to get a ton of teamkills in a few minutes! What a disaster.

Just the opposite happened to me, I'm coming in with a barely alive cobra and the fully loaded blackhawk pulls right up into me. I was barely moving, but I got all the teamkills.

Eh, if they get around to nerfing blackhawk whoring, it won't be an issue.

learn to fly choppers on your own time. Nothing annoys me more than n00bs stealing choppers and then TK'n to get back into them, when they obviously can't fly. If your score isn't over 20 in the first 5 minutes of flying the chopper you shouldn't be flying it.

eastvillager said:
Just the opposite happened to me, I'm coming in with a barely alive cobra and the fully loaded blackhawk pulls right up into me. I was barely moving, but I got all the teamkills.

Eh, if they get around to nerfing blackhawk whoring, it won't be an issue.

/off topic

I ran into a rather frustrating issue a few days ago with the black hawk. I was driving around in a small tank and I started taking small constant damage. I looked up and there was a black hawk way way way up in the sky. Two guys from the opposing team were way up in the sky spamming mini-gun fire over everything. They were impossible to hit as they were way to high up in the air.

sfc said:
TK needs to stay on for artillery, otherwise I could do away with it. There's nothing more annoying than the commander repeatedly dropping artillery on a heavily contested flag and his team can just waltz right in since they don't get affected by FF.

No...there is something more annoying than that. Want to know what it is?

Seeing a car full of n00bs drive across the map and straight into my damned artillery strike. There is around twenty seconds before the strike occurs. How hard is it to:

1. See the gigantic red bulls-eye on the map.

&

2. Take cover.

FF should never be on in a public server. Never.

I would never play on a server without FF on. The game is simply too easy with out it. Tactics become silly, think dropping C4 at your feet instead of actually learning to use your weapon.

If your the commander use the Arty, Uav, and supply drop even if noone requested it. Do this with caution, but doing a scan and seing a BIG patch of the enemy is a good time to arty the location, or seeing your guys defending without supplys If nothing else looks pressing.

One of the stupidest things I've ever had happen was when I was piloting the chopper. I take off and get going when I hear "Need a ride". No one seemed to want to be my gunner so I didn't have one, but I see this guy at the base so I turn all the way around fly back and land so he can hop in. I start taking off and I'm turning my chopper at the same time since I'm facing the opposite direction. In the middle of the turn the guy jumps out and gets swiped by the turning chopper, -6 points :(.

Another thing I hate is when I'm playing Spec-Ops and I run out in the middle of a battle to place my C4 on a tank that's ripping through our infantry, I run away and click. Then I get teamkills. You don't really have time to make sure everyone is away from the enemy tank as you hightail it behind a building just before the tank's gunner notices you. Sacrifcing one or two guys is worth destroying a tank that is baseraping us to hell and back, yet I get -12 points for destroying it. It just leaves me to wonder why these guys were standing right up next to an enemy tank to begin with.

eastvillager said:

Ouch. That stinks. Not to mention you lose two choppers all at once and probably a flag in the process. We were just dominating when Capt. Cranial Rectum flew into us. Course, after being kicked from the server by the unforgiving guys who had no other pilot, except the aforementioned Rectum, I'm sure they had a fun time with the opfor. Serves 'em right.

BTW, great thread.

I repeatedly have problems with commanders dropping artillery way too early. I mean, we'd have 3 guys including myself defending a flag, we kick there asses and start getting the flag up then BAM! artillerly is falling down, busting up our rides and sometimes killing us in the process. I HATE this. save arty's for an opposing flag that's chock full of guys so we can go and take their flag. It also sucks when they do it as soon as enemy contact is made at a base. I really fucks up the situation and causes us to lose our nice hiding spots/defense points.

Hopefully most of you Know this by Now...But now you can connect to Servers without the Game browser through X-fire...works pretty damn good too..

Back