BF2 glitching... running Vista

CNV

n00b
Just finished putting together a new rig. Specs are...

AMD X2 5200
M2N32sli deluxe
2gb
8800GTS 640mb
Dell 2407

BF2 is running very choppy. It is bad to the point that the game is unplayable.

I installed the newest Nvidia Vista 32 drivers for both the chipset and GPU, AMD dual-core optimizer, and updated directX. I tried updating punkbuster, and defraging but nothing changes. The game starts out smooth and then gets worst as I play. I know that the Vista drivers are bad, but it can't be this bad can it?

For me the difference between Vista and XP for BF2 is still large. I have just installed XP back today just for playing games. In XP BF2 plays smoother at 8x AA than in Vista with 2x AA.

Thats just crazy. I've spent 3 days trying to figure out the problem, and have tried everything. It has been driving me crazy. I'm going back to XP...

btw... nice monitor GJohn.... :)

the vista drivers for most cards are coming along pretty well, Opengl is still pretty bad though. The one glaring exception is the 8800, the drivers for ar pretty much unusable in most games.

CNV... just be patient. soon enough all the drivers will get better. but if you really have to go back to XP. i run battlefield 2142 just fine on vista.

Tried everything on BF2 and Special forces, buggy, crashes randomly.
Using a
Core2Duo E6600
Asus P5N32-E SLI
2GB ram
8800 GTX.
Probably will install XP on another HD.

To add to this, another game that does not run well is STALKER, can see sky and nothing else but empty space.

Well I just installed BF2 and have 1600x1200res and running smothly and fast.

Vista 64 Ultimate x1950 ati Pro graphics. Everything is turned up all the way.

No jerks at all and fast.

Now if only I could stay alive longer. Then figure how to get past singleplayer mode and into multiplayer It would be great. But in time I will figure it out.

But I use a 24" flat screen crt also not led's flat screen

the 100.65 driver seem a little bit better than the 101.41's in bf2, you might try those out.

Stalker needs a patch too fix the savegame crashing. The grey world/blue sky is AA/dynamic lighting bug

Overall ive been messing with a few games this weekend (ArmA, silent hunter 4, bf2, bf2142, oblivion, stalker, steam games) and the 100.65 drivers seem to be more stable than the 101.41s but the performance is sketchy. The 101.41s always seems to crash most games and weird shit happens. Nvidia needs better drivers!

vista ultimate
8800gtx
e6600

BF2 also runs bad for me in Vista ultimate 32bit. It constantly stutters and I have not found a fix.

Back