BF2 game manual funnyness...

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so in the "Hints and Tips" section of the BF2 manual it says, "To spice up an air fight, use land-based anti-air weapon platforms to lock onto and take down enemy aircraft."

Okay, umm... "spice" up an air fight?!?! ROFL The anti-air missles are so WEAK, you're dead before you can get off your 3rd salvo. 'Cause it sure ain't takin' down no aircraft with the first two... If I want to "spice" up an air fight, I'll throw some nutmeg up its air intake...

This should probably go under the BF2 pros and cons thread, but C'MON!!

Write your own manual then.

Wake me when there is something funny.

Speaking of 'hints & tips', did anyone else get the email with the game tips in it for completing the survey?

Couple of useful things in there... :)

pistol222 said:
Speaking of 'hints & tips', did anyone else get the email with the game tips in it for completing the survey?

Couple of useful things in there... :)

BAN!

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Ok, so in the "Hints and Tips" section of the BF2 manual it says, "To spice up an air fight, use land-based anti-air weapon platforms to lock onto and take down enemy aircraft."

Okay, umm... "spice" up an air fight?!?! ROFL The anti-air missles are so WEAK, you're dead before you can get off your 3rd salvo. 'Cause it sure ain't takin' down no aircraft with the first two... If I want to "spice" up an air fight, I'll throw some nutmeg up its air intake...

This should probably go under the BF2 pros and cons thread, but C'MON!!

I "LOLed" so good work man. Don't listen to that other poster.

auxout said:
Too bad he's right, stinger is a joke.

The stinger is a joke, but that isn't what the manual is talking about. Instead of shooting your rifle at an air vehicle, it suggests to use the stingers.

Why did they have to take Hooked on Phonics and reading comprehension out of public schools?

Am I the only one that can take down aircraft with stingers consistently?

LynxFX said:
Am I the only one that can take down aircraft with stingers consistently?

I guess. It takes me three of them to get 'em down.

Tiny said:
I guess. It takes me three of them to get 'em down.

Hence my complaint... I think it should take 2 stingers maximum to take out an air vehicle. They just seem horribly weak in BF2.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Hence my complaint... I think it should take 2 stingers maximum to take out an air vehicle. They just seem horribly weak in BF2.

It does take just two to down any aircraft. You have to hit them though :p

Tiny said:
The stinger is a joke, but that isn't what the manual is talking about. Instead of shooting your rifle at an air vehicle, it suggests to use the stingers.

Why did they have to take Hooked on Phonics and reading comprehension out of public schools?

Nope sorry don't see instead anywhere in there so take the stick out of your ass already.

If the stingers were poweful everyone would be bitching about how they're overpowered and it's too hard to fly the aircraft without being shot down.

auxout said:
Nope sorry don't see instead anywhere in there so take the stick out of your ass already.

It is figurative smarty. Please reread and reread and reread and reread (imagine that line keeps repeating for another 1000 times or so) my post. :rolleyes:

Tiny said:
It is figurative smarty. Please reread and reread and reread and reread (imagine that line keeps repeating for another 1000 times or so) my post. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when you rile up !!!!!!'s!

kick@ss said:
If the stingers were poweful everyone would be bitching about how they're overpowered and it's too hard to fly the aircraft without being shot down.

I would prefer powerful and sparse to weak and numerous.

polydiol said:
War is hell, theres nothing funny about war.

He was talking about the manual. Good heck...people need to learn how to read and understand a little better. Please...can you at least try it? You may end up enjoying it.

Thanks.

Tiny said:

Right only everyone else should have to infer not you.

Regardless of whether it "figuratively" suggests I should shoot it with a stinger instead of my rifle, my original agreement with the OP still stands, stinger is a joke. Why you feel the need to argue and be cynical with everyone I don't really know but get over it, nobody cares. :D

I think it's fine the way it is.

As a pilot, most of the planes are fairly worthless (except for a few of the bombers). The stingers are a big enough nuisance that they force me to take evasive actions and screw up whatever it is I was trying to achieve, like bomb a target or take out an aircraft. I think this is fair enough.

Stinger lock-on should NOT equal instant death, as that would be no fun for the pilots. If a stinger missle forces a pilot to lose his lock-on to one of your helicopters, or forces him to cancel his bombing run, it's done its job.

The trick I found with the stingers and making them actually do damage is, once you get a lock wait a sec then fire BOTH stingers close to each other. Almost always get one of them to hit, and if the second hits too they are dead. If it does not they are usually pissed (so go and hide) or tried to hard to avoid the missles and crashed.

PKFGimpy said:
I think it's fine the way it is.

As a pilot, most of the planes are fairly worthless (except for a few of the bombers). The stingers are a big enough nuisance that they force me to take evasive actions and screw up whatever it is I was trying to achieve, like bomb a target or take out an aircraft. I think this is fair enough.

Stinger lock-on should NOT equal instant death, as that would be no fun for the pilots. If a stinger missle forces a pilot to lose his lock-on to one of your helicopters, or forces him to cancel his bombing run, it's done its job.

Ya gots a point there... I really thought it funny, however, that they used the word "spice" in the tip. I guess my humor is lost on everyone... :confused:

Anyway... this game freakin' rocks. :D

Like I said in another post, the stingers are quite flaky. Sometimes they work great, other times they seem completely useless. Last time I played an enemy chopper was hovering not too far away, not moving. Shot 4 stingers at it, and not 1 hit.

Genocidal said:
Like I said in another post, the stingers are quite flaky. Sometimes they work great, other times they seem completely useless. Last time I played an enemy chopper was hovering not too far away, not moving. Shot 4 stingers at it, and not 1 hit.

Aren't they fly-by-wire missles? Not heat-seekers?

The stinger missile is heat seeking.

The anti tank weapon which is hand held is wire guided.

Genocidal said:
The stinger missile is heat seeking.

The anti tank weapon which is hand held is wire guided.

Ahhh yes... Too many weapons/missles to keep track of... But that's a good thing.

I think I'll "spice" up my Friday with some BF2...

Back