BF2 Cheaters

Maximus825 said:
That very same thing happened to me yesterday on a ranked server. Medic on my team would revive me while someone on the other team would kill me. What they need to do is make it so you cannot be revived more than twice within a certain amount of time...
It should be that you would lose a kill point, if the guy you apparently killed, gets revived. Because the guy isn't Dead!!! He was Revived.

kick@ss said:
Let's just say you had to be there. I've had plenty of gaming experience in pubs and leagues and I can tell the difference between skill players and cheaters. He was obviously cheating.
No, you can't. Lots of people think they can, but none of them can. At least, not from what you describe.

Palooka said:
No, you can't. Lots of people think they can, but none of them can. At least, not from what you describe.
Yes, I can. I've admined leagues, played competitively on the internet and LAN, played for fun a lot, ran LANs, etc. I know what cheating is, thanks.

Ludic said:
No, the ranking system should stay. I really like it, for myself. I don't sit and compare myself to the other people on the leaderboard. Just take what you want from it.

I understant that but I think its flawed. Take ops for instance that get no points for blowing up the enemy artillery, uav or radar equipment and whats worse is that most times you have to go out of your way to get to them, so basically the the only reason to blow them up is for fun or if there decimating the team. They should have went further with it to make the points really meaning full, for instance holding a base or flag for 5 minutes gets you +10 points and the more players holding it with you the more points. As it stand now you get no real points for defending a base. Further there to parse with the points, with +1 for everything where as it should be based on the difficulty and situation. It is a great idea but not implemented well IMO.

Also here is the breakdown, so very basic. It should be based more on strategy and difficulty.

Kill an enemy +2 points
Change an enemy flag to neutral +2 points
Convert a neutral flag to your side +2 points
Flag assist +1 point
Kill assist +1 point
Flag defend +1 point
Driver assist +1 point
Heal 100 points of damage (other players only) +1 point
Revive a player +1 point
Give ammunition to player or vehicle (other players only) +1 point
Repair a vehicle +1 point
Team damage (take off 50% of a teammate's total health) -2 points
Team vehicle damage (deal 50% damage to a vehicle controlled by a friendly player) -2 points
Team kill -4 points

And this is why the +1 point system needs a fixing. BF3 will be out before some achive these ranks. The expansion I already no will be out before I even make it to Corporal. :p

For what it's worth, this site, which seems rather accurate (despite a lack of sources), gives different and slightly more realistic numbers for the ranks.

TekSomniaK said:
It would take YEARS to get 2 million. That image is bs.

Especially if you liked to command alot. There are times when I'm in command where I've racked up the points...but it only takes a few morons to run into an artillery barrage to crush your score.

nub01, "Ooooh look death from above!!"

nub02, "yes, death from above...hmmm"

nub 03, "RUN, RUN TO THE PRAISE OF OUR COMMANDER"

nub01, nub02, nub03, "Ooohhh the agonizing pain of agony oooh"

Commander, "MOTHER DAMNIT WHY THE YOU ARE ALL I CANTB ELIEVE THIS"

Engineer01, "Ya, they do the same thing to my mines, its like that giant skull with red mean BURRIED TREASURE RUN OVER ME RUN OVER ME."

Yet another example of the reason I don't play online games much anymore. I can't fathom the idea of paying $50 for a game just to get out there into the hacked land and lose my sanity over cheaters like these. :mad:

Kevl4R said:
Especially if you liked to command alot. There are times when I'm in command where I've racked up the points...but it only takes a few morons to run into an artillery barrage to crush your score.

Right on, happens every other game i command, I UAV on enemy flag, nothing but red blinks, i drop over artillery on that position, 5 sec later theres always 2-3 blue or green dots there already with a humvee or tank, i Yell at the get the fuck out, cant u morons see the artillery icon over your heads on minimap before u even go there?, waita few seconds outside its range, omg, 10 sec after the whole deal i got people yelling at me that im a bad commander and tker and they thank me sarcastically for dropping artillery on their heads... :rolleyes:

I play commander a lot. I just don't care anymore about a negative teamplay score. I just try to offset it with a bunch of kills. That usually is what happens. I've gotten more gold medals playing commander than anything else.

Wolf-R1 said:
Yet another example of the reason I don't play online games much anymore. I can't fathom the idea of paying $50 for a game just to get out there into the hacked land and lose my sanity over cheaters like these. :mad:

I havent played a BF2 pub yet, my team has a private server and all we do is scrim 8v8. It's much better, seeing as though if someone is hacking we just perma ban their IP.

chaikovski2002 said:
Right on, happens every other game i command, I UAV on enemy flag, nothing but red blinks, i drop over artillery on that position, 5 sec later theres always 2-3 blue or green dots there already with a humvee or tank, i Yell at the get the fuck out, cant u morons see the artillery icon over your heads on minimap before u even go there?, waita few seconds outside its range, omg, 10 sec after the whole deal i got people yelling at me that im a bad commander and tker and they thank me sarcastically for dropping artillery on their heads... :rolleyes:

Don't use UAV to do this. People see those red dots and can't resist going after them. Use a scan instead... The UAV can be put to better use at a different location.

thing about hackers is that they usually suck without them. with a squad of my clanmates we usually do a pretty good job policing. aka if we spot someone w/ hunt them almost exclusively and no way is one person going to beat 3-4 of us consistently. don't cry about it, kick their ass. oh and stop the noob-ass tk punish for getting run over playing in traffic. lol

chaikovski2002 said:

That's what I'm sayin! They guy who said don't UAV the flag you are about to nuke may have a good point....I'll have to give that a try.

spaceman said:
oh and stop the noob-ass tk punish for getting run over playing in traffic. lol

That's a negative. It's the driver's responsibility not to run someone over. If they're being careless and not watching where they're going, they should be punished for tking...

I'm the Dude said:
I play commander a lot. I just don't care anymore about a negative teamplay score. I just try to offset it with a bunch of kills. That usually is what happens. I've gotten more gold medals playing commander than anything else.
Pretty easy since if you win as commander, it doubles your score.

I'm usually very careful about not running into an ART hit, but mistakes happen. What I do hate is when I'm fighting off a position and within flag capping area and the commander desides to ART my head, killing me, a few of the enemy but they respawn to keep the flag.

True, but you still have to win, and have enough points so that when doubled, you'll be first. Which means that you have to be good with artillery, or go out and fight also, or both.

Back