BF2 - Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumbLock

Limp Gawd
Start BF2, click on 'Play Now', log into the server and shoot down one jet with AA without getting a TK or vehicle damage.

Then mine a road, get more points added for killing enemies than removed for TKs.

Then kill three enemy players with the support weapon without dying. Take as many tries as you like.

When you've finished, report back and tell us about the enjoyable experience.

Mod, PM me and tell me why my 'BF2 - Beta at Best' thread was locked.

It takes too long to get into a server when I hit Play Now. I prefer to pick the server I am going to play on. It makes it a lot more enjoyable, you should try that. Plus I have found some servers that I play on regularly. I usually have a lot of fun winning or losing on those.

Ive used Play Now. But I didnt have any problems. Maybe Im just special?

You could tell from the demo that the game was going to be a buggy mess with as much chance of getting pissed off due to lamers as having fun play it. EA doesnt care, they have your money already. I dont see what your trying to accomplish by pointing out the obvious.

lock and b7 flame bait. you start another thread flaming bf2 even though a mod just closed your last one.

This is a perfectly cordial discussion. I love this game too.

My point, ladies and gentlemen, is simply that we have trained ourselves to avoid the bugs, instead of having a high expectation for a quality product.

I submit that noobs should wait to buy this game.

More experienced players will beat them to a pulp, not only because greater skill, but because of a deeper knowledge of how to avoid the bugs and exploit the glitches.

How exactly are these things "bugs?" Sounds more like balance issues to me.

TheJackal said:
lock and b7 flame bait. you start another thread flaming bf2 even though a mod just closed your last one.

Yea thats very bad news...i was in his other thread and it has been lock.

Tedium said:
How exactly are these things "bugs?" Sounds more like balance issues to me.

Yes, you are correct. It is only the simplest method of illustrating the point I was trying to make in another thread that was locked.

people listen.....it is the players fault and not buggy BF2 that is the problem. I have yet to have a single problem with BF2 and I think it is not buggy at all. If a teammate drives over your mine it is his fault and not EA's. If you get on a good server, the moderator will only gives negative points to people who intentionally TK. Get on a good server, this makes a HUGE difference.

Arkanian said:
people listen.....it is the players fault and not buggy BF2 that is the problem. I have yet to have a single problem with BF2 and I think it is not buggy at all. If a teammate drives over your mine it is his fault and not EA's. If you get on a good server, the moderator will only gives negative points to people who intentionally TK. Get on a good server, this makes a HUGE difference.

Then I invite you to take my challenge.

Lets up the stakes, and highlight the satirical tone of this post:
If anyone is able to complete my challenge, I will post a picture of myself in a rediculous hat, holding a copy of the expansion within a week of release.

Lets get it AWWWNN!

Arkanian said:

I'd have to agree. I haven't ran into too many horrible bugs except the occasional crashing. I'm pretty sure the other problems deal more with my crappy video card than anything.

Also, the statement about noobs getting thrashed? Please... I picked the game up just three or four days ago and I'm consistantly in the top 3. I think somebody needs to learn to play rather than moaning about bugs.

I have also played just a little bit.

image.jpg

I don't see anyreason this should be locked.

EA needs to know the game has serious drawbacks and they need a good thrashing publicly.

They pissed me off with the nerfed jets and helicopters.

BBA said:
EA needs to know the game has serious drawbacks and they need a good thrashing publicly.

Preach it brutha! Can I get an AMEN!!

BBA said:
They pissed me off with the nerfed jets and helicopters.

They tweaked the helos a bit, but do you really think they nerfed the jets? Maybe I just don't have as much experience in them but - do you really think so?

The only real bug that really pisses me off is the one that makes your teamates show as enemy. They will even show red on the radar if there is a UAV; otherwise you don't see them on the radar at all. I know, I just have to check at the uniforms and I will know that it is the bug. Though, if a guy showing as red is in a vehicule, I will not know he is my teamate and I won't ask him if he is before I blow him up. That bug was there at the release of BF2 and wasn't adress in the last patch. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen that bug more often since 1.03. Anyway, I really like BF2 and it is not that bug that will make me stop playing.

On a side note, I really like the change they made to the helicopters and the AA missiles. Although not perfect, the AA missiles actually now work.

This would be a good challenge if Play Now even worked properly. It's more like Play in 5-10 minutes on a crappy, near empty server.

If I'm in a jet, all I have to do to avoid enemy missiles is turn. I honestly don't think they changed AA missiles at all in the last patch.

Good luck hitting anything but the broadside of the USS Essex with the support class, while prone and not moving of course. But I can prone jump through the air with my grenade launcher and take out someone 3m away with pin point accuracy and barely take any damage myself.

jubei, play Strike at Karkand on a 32-64 man ranked server and see if you can consistently make the top 3. Then maybe you can come back and tell someone with nearly 30,000 global points that he needs to "learn to play".

I just picked up the game this past week. So with lack of experience I havn't been able to tell most of the bugs, but then again I think it relates to what type of player you are. If you are a full on frontal assult player you're more prone to those bugs rather than if you're a support player. I fall into the support, usually being anti tank or sniper. the only bug that has gotten to me is the team mate shown as enemy bug. But in this stage of the buginess of the game you can say you're sorry for the TK and most server admins will understand if you don't consistently have TK's that it was probably the bug. I've had to deal with it a few times, especially in the heat of a battle with bullets flying, if it's a red name and they are a decent ways in front of me chances are I'm not waiting for them to spot me and I'll pull the trigger. I'll sometimes catch the uniform but not always.

If anybody from EA is reading this, or anybody related to EA in any way. Please get to work if you aren't already.

NumbLock said:
Start BF2, click on 'Play Now', log into the server and shoot down one jet with AA without getting a TK or vehicle damage.

Then mine a road, get more points added for killing enemies than removed for TKs.

Then kill three enemy players with the support weapon without dying. Take as many tries as you like.

When you've finished, report back and tell us about the enjoyable experience.

Mod, PM me and tell me why my 'BF2 - Beta at Best' thread was locked.
Your original post and this one addresses 'problems' that ARE NOT BUGS. What you are describing are gameplay 'issues' that you disagree with. While I may agree on certain points, it doesn't change the fact that you are picking up on design elements which have been set intentionally by Dice.

So you think the Support gun is too crap? Yup, I agree, but that's how Dice have made the game. Their way. That's just how the game is.

It's not a bug.

As of the 1.3 patch there are very little bugs. Infact, myself personally have not witnessed a single in game bug AT ALL. The only problem I occasionally experience is that the first internet server I attempt to join will nearly always fail to connect giving me a "your connection was lost" message. Now THAT is a bug. The SAW being shit is not.

I enjoy the game - its easily one of my favorite, I'm not sure what all the bugs are that everybody is talking about

About the only thing I've noticed is that trying to shoot down anything with the SAMS is impossible an probably needs to be adjusted but besides that - game is awesome.

I look forward to the Special Forces expansion later on this month. :D

Oh God, someone please just lock this farking thread before this turns into a flame shit fest throwing contest. :eek:

I had a nice PM conversation with Rich Tate - and he was very understanding. Please don't crap my thread or he will be forced to lock it.

I wrote it civil, and I hope you keep it that way.

This post is simply an illustration, with a bit of satire, of the state of BF2.

Edit: Anyone else have ideas for 'Mission Impossible' in BF2?

IceWind said:
Oh God, someone please just lock this farking thread before this turns into a flame shit fest throwing contest. :eek:

Still don't see why the thread needs locking, no one is flaming here.

Please don't be the first.

NumbLock said:
They tweaked the helos a bit, but do you really think they nerfed the jets? Maybe I just don't have as much experience in them but - do you really think so?

I'll try it again since the last patch came out, but the Jets take too long to get airborne and don't respond. I would be happy with no less than aircraft that fly like the DC.25 planes do. Including helicopters.

And...who gives a rats ass about making rank? Just let me play without a stupid ranked server locking weapons.

And another thing...I keep seeing comments where people talk about it being like real life...BS! Why would anyone think anything in this game is anywhere near realistic? The only reason I can think is those who think that have never really been exposed to reality. Take this game for what it is, a game, and one that takes all of the fun away by imposing stupid crap.

What you guys mean by "nerfed" copters? All I do is fly attacks choppers, but I never got the hang of jets... those are tough. 4200 kills and 1400 deaths in attack choppers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back