Hey guys,
I'm trying to get audio working in BF2, with the following setup:
ATI 4850 --> HDMI --> Onkyo TX-SR606
Audio in Windows 7 32-bit RTM (Build 7600) is working just fine, but when I fire up Battlefield 2, my receiver switches to "Direct" instead of "Multichannel", which I believe means it's receiving a Dolby Digital signal.
In Windows 7 RTM, I don't have the option of disabling Dolby Digital output on my HDMI sound adapter, like Vista used to have, and it does show that Dolby Digital & DTS output are supported by the audio device. I think if I could figure out some way of disabling Dolby Digital output, it would work as expected, using uncompressed multichannel audio over HDMI.
Any thoughts on how to make this work?
I'm trying to get audio working in BF2, with the following setup:
ATI 4850 --> HDMI --> Onkyo TX-SR606
Audio in Windows 7 32-bit RTM (Build 7600) is working just fine, but when I fire up Battlefield 2, my receiver switches to "Direct" instead of "Multichannel", which I believe means it's receiving a Dolby Digital signal.
In Windows 7 RTM, I don't have the option of disabling Dolby Digital output on my HDMI sound adapter, like Vista used to have, and it does show that Dolby Digital & DTS output are supported by the audio device. I think if I could figure out some way of disabling Dolby Digital output, it would work as expected, using uncompressed multichannel audio over HDMI.
Any thoughts on how to make this work?