• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BF2 1.3 patch (list of changes)

Moose777 said:
Next time put up a warning about the 403 Forbidden error. I now have to reboot my computer to get rid of the fucking error and the damn login box.
:mad:

That just appeared there tonight. It was valid earlier. You could have just ended IE/Firefox in taskmanager to close the loginbox.
 
This is going to make competitive match play retarded...probably not so much the vehicle drop as the squad spawning bit will.
 
Moose777 said:
Next time put up a warning about the 403 Forbidden error. I now have to reboot my computer to get rid of the fucking error and the damn login box.
:mad:
Link worked when I posted it, ain't my fault your fucking PC sucks.
 
hity645 said:
No way is this the final patch, with each patch there is always a new issue brought up.

This will be the final major patch to address gameplay/content. I'm sure they'll have to put out a patch to fix more bugs.
 
i wonder if they will remove the vehicle drop after the next patch if it isnt working out.

like in 1942 desert combat, they would add new planes to maps, then after the next patch remove them and add new ones
 
rtotheizzo said:
i wonder if they will remove the vehicle drop after the next patch if it isnt working out.

like in 1942 desert combat, they would add new planes to maps, then after the next patch remove them and add new ones

Could happen I suppose. They eventually rendered the blackhawk useless (other than a slow moving transport for that brave solo) so anything's possible.
 
The vehicale drop thing I see it as a desperate move. Quake Wars will have that and those who look forward to that game are very excited about that feature and many of those gamers are currently playing BF2, I know quite a few too. Since DICE has a code written within the game that allows dropping stuff they decided to implement it with vehicales, but I don't think it will work they way they think it will. Also what about that commander hack that lets you drop supply boxes at will, there are a lot of people with that hack out there... it will be funny to watch I tell you this. :D
 
hity645 said:
...
I wish they'd get their act together, Im tired of them skipping obvious need to patch items.

There are no bugs... move along, no bugs to see here.. kepp moving..

Peace,
Tim

 
bazylik said:
The vehicale drop thing I see it as a desperate move. Quake Wars will have that and those who look forward to that game are very excited about that feature and many of those gamers are currently playing BF2, I know quite a few too. Since DICE has a code written within the game that allows dropping stuff they decided to implement it with vehicales, but I don't think it will work they way they think it will.

You prolly didnt mean to come off as a whiney beeetch, so I will cut you some slack. I am not sure why you say it is a desperate move. I seriously doubt the buggies falling from the BF2 sky will hurt the popularity of quake. Or for that matter help the popularity of BF2. It is a cool feature which fits the military theme well. Cant we all just look forward to the screen shots with hummers and buggies stuck on trees and flag poles? :D
 
urbsnspices said:
t is a cool feature which fits the military theme well. Cant we all just look forward to the screen shots with hummers and buggies stuck on trees and flag poles? :D


i for one welcome these screenshots ;)
 
urbsnspices said:
YCant we all just look forward to the screen shots with hummers and buggies stuck on trees and flag poles? :D

I'm waiting for this also lol on buildings also just to watch all the smacktards spam more. I'm mostly glad they havn't stopped working on the patch's myself as the game needs the fixes in many areas. To add new features is nice and all but what they should really be doing is finishing the net-code & releasing some damn map packs or something other then these lame-ass'd boosters of theirs.
 
CrazyJoe said:
I'm waiting for this also lol on buildings also just to watch all the smacktards spam more. I'm mostly glad they havn't stopped working on the patch's myself as the game needs the fixes in many areas. To add new features is nice and all but what they should really be doing is finishing the net-code & releasing some damn map packs or something other then these lame-ass'd boosters of theirs.

If you're on a building and you're in a vodnik/hummer, how are you going to get the .50cal gun to point low enough to "spam" everyone? You'll only have the field of fire to hit guys very far away.

I think this new feature is just one we need to wait and see how it plays out. I'm not big on the whole vehicle drop thing, either, but I gotta wait for judgement until judgement day. Which, IIRC, will be mid-May.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
If you're on a building and you're in a vodnik/hummer, how are you going to get the .50cal gun to point low enough to "spam" everyone?

I guess a good commander can make it land on an edge and have the physics make the vehicle lean over.

It would be cool if I could get ATV's dropped in regular BF2 and not only in Special Forces.
 
kuyaglen said:
I guess a good commander can make it land on an edge and have the physics make the vehicle lean over.

It would be cool if I could get ATV's dropped in regular BF2 and not only in Special Forces.

Dropping ATVs makes more sense than dropping other vehicles. We'll see how it plays out but I would be more inclined to favor ATV dropping. It's just a matter of getting a guy out of the middle of nowhere in a hurry rather than fortifying a position with offensive vehicles.

Should be interesting. :D
 
Anyone know when this patch comes out? I've looked around the net a bit but can't find any info.Thanks! EZ
 
it was nice in BF vietnam winch would come down and u could lift tanks, jeeps etc...

be really nice in bf2.
 
urbsnspices said:
You prolly didnt mean to come off as a whiney beeetch, so I will cut you some slack. I am not sure why you say it is a desperate move. I seriously doubt the buggies falling from the BF2 sky will hurt the popularity of quake. Or for that matter help the popularity of BF2. It is a cool feature which fits the military theme well. Cant we all just look forward to the screen shots with hummers and buggies stuck on trees and flag poles? :D
Oh god forbid no, I have other boards where I can whine and bitch :D...
It will not hurt Quake popularity, of course... I do love BF2 but some changes or additions are just not needed, and just because DICE/EA is somehow threatened because that feature will be in Quake Wars is not smart... I'm trying hard to picture how it's gonna help the game but I just can't.
 
EZtarget said:
Anyone know when this patch comes out? I've looked around the net a bit but can't find any info.Thanks! EZ

EA's official post about a month ago said Mid-may. No exact date given to this point.
 
Official COOP at long last!!!

I did my best doing these clowns job for them during the early versions of BF2 writing COOP vers 1.0 to 4.0, so I'm relieved to see they got thier bums into gear at long last! :rolleyes:
 
codebasher said:
Official COOP at long last!!!

I did my best doing these clowns job for them during the early versions of BF2 writing COOP vers 1.0 to 4.0, so I'm relieved to see they got thier bums into gear at long last! :rolleyes:

Hey codebasher, How was your COOP? Can you still DL it? Thanks!.....EZ
 
Darn. I actually gave more respect to EA/Dice for doing that. :( I hope the BF series doesn't become one of those games that a new version is released every year...
 
Mr. Miyagi said:
Darn. I actually gave more respect to EA/Dice for doing that. :( I hope the BF series doesn't become one of those games that a new version is released every year...

Doesn't look like that will be the case. :( Madden series cloning, here we come...
 
I just thought, you can throw jeeps and such on top of buildings and use them against invading helicopters... This would espically great against maps where helicopters and boats are the sole source to get to the battle, because them choppers get loaded with kills..er i mean guys.
 
Tweakin said:
I still don't see '-Fixed a bug where occasionally enemies would show up as friendlies, and friendlies would show up as enemies (Red Tag Bug)''. Sigh. Still, some good changes and interesting additions.
I Swear i thought i was the only person who had this problem!
OMG! I wish they would fix that!
I want a big ass green OUTLine around everyone on my team
 
I still wish the Blackhawk could airlift vehicles like that UH1 could in BFV. That was a great feature.
 
The one thing they forgot to add is a flare system for helocopters to know that they are landing
 
what will be cool is jumping out of choppers and getting in tanks while they are getting dropped, that would be awesome.
 
Im gonna try that!!! It'd be hilarious another squad requests a car drop and you fly by it, hop out and jump in. Hit the ground and run!
 
Hyperblau said:
what will be cool is jumping out of choppers and getting in tanks while they are getting dropped, that would be awesome.

Tanks/APCs can't be dropped. Only hummers, jeeps, buggies and vodniks.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Doesn't look like that will be the case. :( Madden series cloning, here we come...

I'm with you on that one bro, I just fired up BF2 this weekend, and I think it's obvious it has a lot of life left.

However, it could also be an inflated shipment date to garner curiosity.

Stay tuned...
 
Rich Tate said:
I'm with you on that one bro, I just fired up BF2 this weekend, and I think it's obvious it has a lot of life left.

However, it could also be an inflated shipment date to garner curiosity.

Stay tuned...

"inflated shipment date"? I need a www.m-w.com on that... lol
 
BADcable said:
http://www.bf2.se/petition/

I think this about covers it, the last patch fuked up jumping now this what's next no walking, or running?


golly this is not supposed to a realistic and definitely not supposed to be an arcade shoot either.. i think jumping made things a lot better it cut down on a lot of bunny hoppers which is always a good thing...
 
Back
Top