BF1942 DC slow to load why?

marvin888

Lurker
I have a problem with desert combat loading slow. the maps load real slow. When I play People will be in the game for almost 2 minutes by the time my map loads. I have re installed windows XP PRO w/ all the latest drivers and latest bios and it still runs slow. check signature for rig

I'm guessing that 512X2 means you have 1gig of ram. If it does then I can't think of anything to help... :(

Are you loading the maps straight from the CD? If so then that could be the problem right there. Use Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools to mount the CD as a virtual drive. You'll have much faster load times.

maps are already installed on the HD. I have 2 sticks of 512 running in duel channel(show up as 512 in BIOS)

Wait, the bois says you only have 512MB of ram or are you saying that the bois recognizes both sticks :confused:

Also, I think that what Sobek was trying to say was that if you use Alcohol 120%, rip the CD, and then mount it in a virtual drive it won't take nearly as long as it does to check for the CD in your hardware CD drive (spinning up, etc, gone). Thus, you're total load times would decrease.

Your not alone. I have had many issues with Desert Combat and I know my system is more then capable of handling it. If your really that desprate, either reinstall or defrag are my best guesses or you could just be like me and be battlefield-free :D

Back