BF1942 CDkey help(Not warez...)

sethmo

2[H]4U
Ok I bought Bf1942 when it came out and had it installed ever since. I have it install on partition D where windows is installed on partition C, when I re-installed windows on C it wouldnt let me update to v1.5. Thats no problem as I can re-install it but I cannot find my case with the CDkey on it, but I do have to cds. Where at in the BF1942 folder is the cdkey stored? I really want to play :)

Or is there a manual way to update to 1.5? im at 1.45 now...

First off, I recommend typing your cd-keys into a text document for safe keeping. I do it and have it saved on a cd, with other files of course.

Second off, to answer your question, go to www.google.com and just search for it. Should be able to find something there.

sadly, you're screwed.

if you've reformatted your C drive, then you've reformatted that last "copy" of your CD key.

it WAS located in your old C drive's registry...

HK_CURRENT_USER > software > EA Games > BF1942

or something (i can't remember exact registry location, but it was something like that).

if you have a friend that doesn't mind sharing his key with you, you can find HIS in his registry (start > run > regedit, then browse to where i showed you above), but you'll only be able to play one at a time (the same key can't be online more than once simultaneously, but you could play when he's not).

sorry.

:eek:

hehe thanks for the info. Ill have to try to find the cd case. Ive looked all over, I guess it will show up someday.

I like how COD and I guess all the games that use the Q3 engine store the cdkey in a file within the game folder. Makes it easy to find, and I guess easier for tresspassers to find also...

Sometimes companies (Blizzard comes to mind currently) have a service where you can telephone their hotline and make arrangements to receive a new key.

Perhaps the arrangement does require you to mail in some proof that you bought the software. Check EA's website, perhaps? I can't think of any other legal way. :rolleyes:

Back