• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BF:BC2 No Audio!!!

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
(I posted in this general gaming forum as well)

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question that I need some halp with. (System specs in sig) I left for vacation 2 weeks ago. Have been playing the [H]ell out of BF:BC2. I come back, there were 2 windows update's for my system, plus the big patch for the above mentioned game. My system has been running the latest sound blaster drivers for the last 5 months.

I log into the game and low and behold, it kills my audio!!!! Even when I quit the game, there is no audio coming out of my headphones in Windows 7. I have to reboot every time. Needless to say, I will not play the game without sound.

I tired to roll back the creative driver but no luck. I upgraded to the 10.6 ATI drivers a few weeks ago as well as the application profile for BF:BC2. I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I also have the onboard audio and HDMI audio disabled.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? None of my other games seem to be affected.

Thx!!!
 
Try your onboard sound to see if that works, or just fully reinstall the creative drivers and make it default device.
 
Back
Top