BF: Bad Company

eloj

2[H]4U
So I've tried the PS3 demo just now, and it looks good, but I don't think I can EVER get over how retarded it is to have to play with the controller when I have a perfectly good keyboard and mouse sitting right there. Yes, I tried it, both mouse and keyboard plugged in, did diddly-squat.

I don't get it. Is this a prestige thing?

Seriously thinking of not buying this until this is fixed (aka "never")

So I've tried the PS3 demo just now, and it looks good, but I don't think I can EVER get over how retarded it is to have to play with the controller when I have a perfectly good keyboard and mouse sitting right there. Yes, I tried it, both mouse and keyboard plugged in, did diddly-squat.

Is the demo out?

> Is the demo out?

Yes, if you have a pre-order code. Else you'll have to wait a few days (6:th) for the 'public' release.

The demo is 1.6GiB IIRC, and you get SP and MP (one map) both. The single-player mission (outtake?) is fairly short, covering just a few (like five-six) objectives on one map. There's a fair bit of non-playing in-game exposition up front that you can't seem to skip, which is annoying when you want to play the SP a couple of times (maybe go normal after you beat easy).

For MP the game will ship with a mode called "Attackers vs Defenders" which is basically Defenders having a base with crates of gold in it, and the attackers must go in and destroy those crates. A scroll text on the MP menu promise 'conquest mode' in a patch to the full game.

MP of course features lots and lots of unlockable weapons and tools. You get one full-game unlock if you reach rank 4 in the demo.

The thing that sets this apart from the other BF games is that there's a real single-player campaign with a story (humor based), and the destructable buildings (landscape?).

Well, from what I can see having spent 30min with it.

I've been playing the Xbox 360 demo since it was released and I think the MP is pretty sweet even if its only 1 map. Single player was kind of disappointing since it seems its more arcade based then realistic (AI knows where you are, even through smoke).

The controls for infantry and ground vehicles feels pretty good but I'm not keen on pressing the left analog stick in for running. Helicopter controls are pretty retarded IMO. They just made them way too complex for gamepad flying and I've tried the whole TWO controller configs for it.

> Is the demo out?

Yes, if you have a pre-order code. Else you'll have to wait a few days (6:th) for the 'public' release.

The demo is 1.6GiB IIRC, and you get SP and MP (one map) both. The single-player mission (outtake?) is fairly short, covering just a few (like five-six) objectives on one map. There's a fair bit of non-playing in-game exposition up front that you can't seem to skip, which is annoying when you want to play the SP a couple of times (maybe go normal after you beat easy).

For MP the game will ship with a mode called "Attackers vs Defenders" which is basically Defenders having a base with crates of gold in it, and the attackers must go in and destroy those crates. A scroll text on the MP menu promise 'conquest mode' in a patch to the full game.

MP of course features lots and lots of unlockable weapons and tools. You get one full-game unlock if you reach rank 4 in the demo.

The thing that sets this apart from the other BF games is that there's a real single-player campaign with a story (humor based), and the destructable buildings (landscape?).

Well, from what I can see having spent 30min with it.

So can I just go to gamestop and preorder it to get the demo?

I just watched some gameplay videos, and now i'm kinda looking forward to giving this one a go.

the reason why i say bf bc is nowhere near bf2 level is because its simply a cut down version of bf2. i wont buy this game for £40 for what it is and here are my reasons

• Cant be a commander and organise different squads to go here and there
  • No custom squads where you can create your own squad and order squad members to perform different tasks
  • lack of fighter jets
  • from what i seen in the demo, maps are too small
  • no warship boats you can control and destroy?
  • finally. only 24 players max in a server. wtf bf2 was 30v30 with minimal lag whilst the 360 version on a 24 player server lags like hell
  • no conquest mode straight out of the box? that's a standard freaking Mode for battlefield!

only thing bf bc has over bf2 is updated graphics and destructible environment.

the reason why i say bf bc is nowhere near bf2 level is because its simply a cut down version of bf2. i wont buy this game for £40 for what it is and here are my reasons

• Cant be a commander and organise different squads to go here and there
  • No custom squads where you can create your own squad and order squad members to perform different tasks
  • lack of fighter jets
  • from what i seen in the demo, maps are too small
  • no warship boats you can control and destroy?
  • finally. only 24 players max in a server. wtf bf2 was 30v30 with minimal lag whilst the 360 version on a 24 player server lags like hell
  • no conquest mode straight out of the box? that's a standard freaking Mode for battlefield!

only thing bf bc has over bf2 is updated graphics and destructible environment.

Vehicles and maps I'd say are pretty nailed on as DLC, I was a bit pissed off there were no planes too but I'd be suprised if it stays that way. Plus I'd say it's hard to say all the maps are too small based on one multiplayer map :confused: Conquest has already been confirmed as free DLC shortly after release so hardly summat to bitch about.

Regarding lag, the PS3 version at least has been liquid, no lag whatsoever from what I've seen and heard from friends.

got the full game on the 360... Love it.. :) it's wierd to play single player Battlefield game. WTF?

got the full game on the 360... Love it.. :) it's wierd to play single player Battlefield game. WTF?

lol, yea no more bots. but if you ever played modern combat it was similar.

BTW theres no lag on 360 in the full game for me, every once and awhile ( twice so far ) the severs go down for a few. *shrug*

Ive just rented it for PS3.

Graphics are superb, and the motion is fluid with absolutely no stuttering at all. Job well done (for single player).

Coming from the PC though.... you are right, the controls (like all FPS games) are crap. Aiming with your thumb is retarded, and even after 3hrs on it, I can still be 3 ft away from a guy and recreate that magic scene in Pulp Fiction where he sprays bullets everywhere but never hits the guy.

Glad I rented it rather than bought it.

PC + FPS = Good Controls
Console + FPS = Frakking Nightmare

Coming from the PC though.... you are right, the controls (like all FPS games) are crap. Aiming with your thumb is retarded, and even after 3hrs on it, I can still be 3 ft away from a guy and recreate that magic scene in Pulp Fiction where he sprays bullets everywhere but never hits the guy.

That has more to do with the game mechanics than your controller.

The backlash against controllers in fps games on consoles is only a problem to PC gamers....never played a pc fps? They seem to be able to play them fine with pads.

I too couldn't use a pad for shit when I gave up PC gaming a cpl of years ago but now it's second nature. Yes if given the choice I'd choose kb/mouse, but pads really aren't that bad once you ge to grips with them. I have found on BC that I have to turn the sensitivity down tho, seems waaay too twitchy on default.

I like BF:BC. The singleplayer is much better than I expected, and the MP is good, when I can connect. I can't get into any games atm, it just says "Searching for games."

Can anyone confirm whether the keyboard/mouse works with BF:BC retail on the ps3 ?

It's really worth picking up just for the multiplayer. This is one of my most player 360 games at the moment. The sound design is sweet, if you have a 5.1 setup.

i'm excellent on a console FPS, like halo3, CoD4, bf:bc even in sniping. i'm a demon though if i have my KB/mouse..

i really wish battlefield 3 was getting released -_-

i'm excellent on a console FPS, like halo3, CoD4, bf:bc even in sniping. i'm a demon though if i have my KB/mouse..

i really wish battlefield 3 was getting released -_-

So can you use your keyboard / mouse on your PS3 with BF:BC ? :\

Back