BF: Bad Company 2 will be DX11!!!

DICE has released a new trailer for Bad Company 2, which features gameplay footage taken from the game's Panama Canal map...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9fTM-bC9Y&feature=player_embedded#

Is it just me or does this game look as if it's shaping up to be pretty damn cool? I've just watched that vid and another high quality one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9fTM-bC9Y

The little quads zipping in and out of tanks looks fun, especially with people on the back of them carrying RPGs, that's just awesome :)

People and their obsession over quality. You care about fps and gameplay before quality, fyi.

I always run at lowest possible DX level anwyays. I know many others who follow same logic. DX11 doesnt concern me. :p

Hopefully instead of being able to remove particle effects or reduce them. The options will look more like, less opacity/detail (plain, pure plack cloud of smoke), vs more detail/more opacity (smoke you can kinda see through). I know that's a whole other debate but I don't like the thought of having to turn my graphics way down in this game to eliminate any competitive advantage people like you might have over me. It feels like if it were up to you, we'd all be playing pong on the atari still cause the graphics just get in the way.

Anyways, looking forwards to this game. Looks like DICE is making an active effort to win the PC community over from IW.

DX11 is going to be more widely accepted largely because of the tessellation component. The xbox 360's GPU has tessellation, and nearly every x360 game utilizes it.

this game is going to be great! I've been playing the ps3 Beta since the night it came out and it is awesome. Without a doubt will get it for PC, I just hope the PC demo comes out very soon!

this game is going to be great! I've been playing the ps3 Beta since the night it came out and it is awesome. Without a doubt will get it for PC, I just hope the PC demo comes out very soon!

Hearing January.. late January? Either way this is the one game I'm dying to stand in line and hand over my money for.

Yea BC2 being DX11, and having dedi servers, really is sticking it to IW.

This was the best news of the week for me :) iv been really pissed about MW2....even built my damn new pc in my sig for it.

I don't think IW cares about what BC2 will have. They have already made loads of money and more is still coming in.

OMG :| ive gotta go buy a 5850/5870 now, lol...

Don't go out and buy gear for a game that is not coming out anytime soon. If you are well served currently, wait till the release date is closer as there will probably be better options available than even the 5850/5870. :)

Holy shiit batman! Those gameplay vids look awesome! DX11 looks insane!.

Just in time for my new build with a 5970.

You think they will leave out dedicated servers? LMAO :confused:

Just in time for my new build with a 5970.

You think they will leave out dedicated servers? LMAO :confused:

DICE already said they will be doing dedicated servers with populations as high as 16vs16 ...possibly 32vs32.

The million dollar question is how much is it going to take advantage of DX11. Besides some rudimentary enhancements, my bet is not much.

I'm sure this was footage taken from the 360 version; they're definately playing with a gamepad and the 360 B-button icon appears onscreen.

Wish we could get some pc footage highlighting the differences between dx modes. So far its all ps3 or 360 footage for whatever reason.

Hurry up with this game. My squad is ready to stomp some heads again finally. Itchy trigger fingers......

visually, there probably won't be a huge difference between DX versions. Likely for the sake that its an MP game and its only fair that people are seeing mostly the same thing.

but, it will likely feature performance benefits as well as better AA modes.

I will lmfao if this game sales better on the pc than consoles.

Yeah... said some one who never fu*king touched or seen the game.

I have touched and seen the game and for all the damn hype it got you think it was the second coming of Jesus. It was not worth the hype at all, granted it still retains a quality single player campaign or shall I say expansion.

Sorry getting off track but do you honestly think the game was deserving of all the hype and press it got? I think that it's so popular and was so hyped that people follow along with the crowd and feel like throwing all kinds of awards at it.

3 main worries about this game

1) craptastic perfomance on mid-tier gaming pcs, we all remember how much of a resource hog BF2 was back in 2005
2) zero recoil, i want realistic weapon handling like BF2/CS not a spray and pray noobfest like cod FFS, it looks like MW2 + vechicles judging by the vids, i really hope pc version is different in that department :(
3) Since it's essentially a polished 360 port i doubt it uses the same audio engine like BF2 so we may not see hardware audio acceleration :( BF2/2142 + decent headphones + x-fi cmss3d was the epitome of wicked soundstage and 3d positioning imo

Guess i'll have to wait for the PC beta first before canceling my preorder .....

1) craptastic perfomance on mid-tier gaming pcs, we all remember how much of a resource hog BF2 was back in 2005
2) zero recoil, i want realistic weapon handling like BF2/CS not a spray and pray noobfest like cod FFS, it looks like MW2 + vechicles judging by the vids, i really hope pc version is different in that department :(
3) Since it's essentially a polished 360 port i doubt it uses the same audio engine like BF2 so we may not see hardware audio acceleration :( BF2/2142 + decent headphones + x-fi cmss3d was the epitome of wicked soundstage and 3d positioning imo

Guess i'll have to wait for the PC beta first before canceling my preorder .....

It is being made for both consoles and PCs so I won't be surprised if it is watered down somehow. If there is no recoil now in the console versions, I don't think there will be any in the PC version although i haven't payed attention to that feature.

Killing2Live
First of all...
Did I quote you or was talking to you? I think not... or you just like the attention?

2nd, if people played PS3 beta and played completely ALL of the previous Battlefield games, he/she would definitely see how good this game is.

And fu*k yes this game deserves all of The Hype cuz it's nothing like a BF2 or BC1, it's way way better! ;)

Since it's essentially a polished 360 port i doubt it uses the same audio engine like BF2 so we may not see hardware audio acceleration :( BF2/2142 + decent headphones + x-fi cmss3d was the epitome of wicked sound stage and 3d positioning imo.

Hehh I think so too.
Game (on PS3) has a pretty good surround sound, I'm willing to bet that PC version will have EAX 5.0. It's Dice not EA whose porting the game ;)

Last edited:

Dice has said they won't repeat that again. I mean, yeah I guess we'll see but I wouldn't worry until its in your face

The PS3 version has excellent recoil mechanics on most of the guns. You cannot just simply shoot over and over and expect to hit the same spot, without fighting recoil. Also, the game employs fallling rate on bullets so you've now got much more defined ranges of effectiveness for most guns, but can of course aim higher to compensate. And finally, there is a bit of a "blowback" system where getting shot does things to disorient or knock you around a bit. I've not really been able to justify blaming "spray and pray" since I started playing the BC2 beta.

Since it's essentially a polished 360 port i doubt it uses the same audio engine like BF2 so we may not see hardware audio acceleration :( BF2/2142 + decent headphones + x-fi cmss3d was the epitome of wicked soundstage and 3d positioning imo

well, we may not see hardware acclerated 24 bit sound, but BC1 had excellent High Dynamic Range sound for its time and BC2 seems to have improved upon it so, I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah... said some one who never fu*king touched or seen the game.

Why don't you cry about it? Better yet, pay 80 dollars for the next steaming pile that flops out of IW/Activisions anus while you're at it. Because paying 60 dollars for a campaign that lasts barely 5 hours and 9vs9/gimped multiplayer is SO worth it. :rolleyes:

Having played both on the PS3- BC2 Beta and COD:MW2- BC2 will stomp the hell out it.

Oh, and we're Oscar Mike.

Why don't you cry about it? Better yet, pay 80 dollars for the next steaming pile that flops out of IW/Activisions anus while you're at it. Because paying 60 dollars for a campaign that lasts barely 5 hours and 9vs9/gimped multiplayer is SO worth it. :rolleyes:

Having played both on the PS3- BC2 Beta and COD:MW2- BC2 will stomp the hell out it.

Oh, and we're Oscar Mike.

You know... i was talking about BC2... and wtf MW2 has to do with it in a first place? :confused:

Again, a lot of you are throwing all your hopes and prayers into what will essentially be a console port. DirectX 11 is definitely great, as is dedicated servers, but don't get your hopes so impossibly high that you want DICE crucified, hung, drawn and quartered because the game has an undetermined but inevitable degree of console-syndrome. BF1943 isn't even out on PCs yet, FFS.

Again, a lot of you are throwing all your hopes and prayers into what will essentially be a console port. DirectX 11 is definitely great, as is dedicated servers, but don't get your hopes so impossibly high that you want DICE crucified, hung, drawn and quartered because the game has an undetermined but inevitable degree of console-syndrome. BF1943 isn't even out on PCs yet, FFS.

Wow- someone on here with some common sense.

How good BC2 for PC is remains to be seen. however, the videos clearly show a much more BF2 style of gameplay than BC1, which is a good sign that it will, at least, be a good hold over until a proper BF3 comes out.

if the game is as good as the movies it will be awesome and well worth my money.
Now I know that the great people who had to fork out money to run bf2 servers and I bet that they will continue with that model.
Overall I enjoyed bf2 but the hackers were bs.
I hope this one is better with hit detection. I hated standing right behind someone stick the barrel in their back and miss...WTF

I also will bet that if they allow console players in pc servers it will also be a F up.
why little billie has a 700 ping and can't shoot.
so we will f over all the good players so little billies mom doesn't call in.
and he can tell his buddies how great the game is by giving him high scores if he pulls the trigger, so lets make the game play for him.
Just like any console shooter they should not be required to do anything just sit and hit buttons.

if the game is as good as the movies it will be awesome and well worth my money.
Now I know that the great people who had to fork out money to run bf2 servers and I bet that they will continue with that model.
Overall I enjoyed bf2 but the hackers were bs.
I hope this one is better with hit detection. I hated standing right behind someone stick the barrel in their back and miss...WTF

I also will bet that if they allow console players in pc servers it will also be a F up.
why little billie has a 700 ping and can't shoot.
so we will f over all the good players so little billies mom doesn't call in.
and he can tell his buddies how great the game is by giving him high scores if he pulls the trigger, so lets make the game play for him.
Just like any console shooter they should not be required to do anything just sit and hit buttons.

uhhhhhhhh.... ok
Honestly I don't even remember the last time I saw a hacker in BF2.
No problem with hit detection either except that I can't snipe for shit :(

Back