BF 1942, and Desert Combat - Help

smatts

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
143
I'm sure tons of the [H]'ers here play desert combat.
Haaaaaaalp.

I just installed bf1942 and the DC mod on my new pute (see sig)
and am running it at 1024x768 HIGH DETAILS 4xAA 8xAF

Is it me or is the bf1942 engine a pig? The game always feels a bit laggy and my mouse is pretty choppy in the menuing system.

Any other game I play on this system runs great, and I get over 6k 3dmark03 and 45000 in aquamark3.

Maybe some config file options need to be changed??

Oh and I'm running cat 3.10's
 
Turn AA and AF down if you dont want choppiness, BF eats a ton of ram. I've seen it 700+ MB on some rigs. So get more ram or faster HD's (IE, Raid 0 because you already have 2).
 
Try 2xAA/16xAF. Also you might want to get another 512mb RAM as stated. BF1942 LOVES more than 512mb RAM.
 
Another recommendation for another 512MB of Ram.

Can't believe people are still running with under a GB of Ram. :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain
 
Originally posted by smatts
I'm sure tons of the [H]'ers here play desert combat.
Haaaaaaalp.

I just installed bf1942 and the DC mod on my new pute (see sig)
and am running it at 1024x768 HIGH DETAILS 4xAA 8xAF

Is it me or is the bf1942 engine a pig? The game always feels a bit laggy and my mouse is pretty choppy in the menuing system.

Any other game I play on this system runs great, and I get over 6k 3dmark03 and 45000 in aquamark3.

Maybe some config file options need to be changed??

Oh and I'm running cat 3.10's

Check my rig. I run @ 1280x960x32 w/4xAA and 16xAF on BF 1942 and it runs as smooth as silk at stock clk. Also, CPU is at stk clk as well.
 
Back
Top