Bezel-less monitor recommendation

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi

I think it's time to shop for a new monitor. The current LG 22inch I've been running for past 5 years has been running fine but now that I have my sig rig (still looking for a better proc) and the occasional gaming (all with texture mods) I'm looking for a monitor below 30inch that is bezel-less or has very little bezel sides (I hate bezel) and is at least 1080P res or above. Doesn't have to have built in back port speakers but additional HDMI ports would be nice along with the usual DVI/VGA ports etc.

I haven't set a budget as to how much I'll be spending but I'll consider all "realistically priced" (i.e not crazy 1k+ flagship monitors) recommendations and I'll see where I'll go from there.

Cheers

U2414H is the smallest side bezel I've seen. I bought the dual monitor pack with the dual monitor stand and the gap is small but present. The monitors don't have VGA or DVI but there are 2 HDMIs and 2 Displayports (one full size, one mini).

The new 34" super-widescreen LCDs look interesting but looks like they won't be out for a while.

Thanks for I'll that keep in mind, added to my list. I do have a place for Dell's in my heart with regards to monitors have used there older 27 and 30inch back at work and found them offering a nice vibrant colour display. 2 HDMI and 2 displayports is nifty too, eliminates the fat and stiff DVI cable I'm using and straight HDMI connection to one of the 680's.

Open to all other suggestions.

I think you should wait a bit for the new 4k displays and that 34" mentioned above.

I'm assuming they will be expensive and easily out of my range. Realistically I only want to spend about < $450 on a decent but crisp looking monitor. I'm kind of getting sick of the 1680x1050 res I've been using for quite a long while now.

I can recommend the Dell U2414H ALOT. input lagg is low i do not notice any ghosting.

Under here are 2 pictures of my setup. the monitor bezels are not overlayed.

Landscape:
cq4YqAS.jpg

Portrait: The colors on this picture do not do the monitor justice.
gCfHBD5.jpg

a slim bezel is only needed if you are going for multi monitor setup. atleast in my opinion that is why i posted this for you.

Back