Beyond TV

Hi. I have an ATI Wonder 650 and Beyond TV 4.6. I think the software is pretty cool but it totally drains my system resources (76% CPU usage when watching live TV). In comparison, Catalyst only uses 30% of my CPU while watching television. It's like Beyond TV doesn't know that my tuner can do hardware decoding. Anyone else have this problem?

It depends on your system hardware! What cpu/memory and video card are you using? I'm using the same verizon and only use about 25-30% CPU and thats with recording several programs. But I have a pretty powerful system. AMD 4400 X2 AM2 oc@ 2.7ghz running 2gb DDR2.running on Vista Ultimate.

OK...I found the problem -- I have to manually enable the hardware de-interlacing in the BTV settings. When I did that, CPU usage dropped to 40% but the video was stuttering on all channels. Could this be the result of BTV simultaneously recording and displaying live video? If that is case, is there a way to turn off the recording? It seems to do this by default so users can pause & rewind live TV. Thanks in advance.

I had the same stuttering problem with BTV on XP and had to reiinstall XP to get rid of it. Never found out what the problem was, but BTV has worked fine ever since.

That sucks. I don't want to re-install XP just to get BTV to work properly. There must be some other way.

Btw, the problem is definitely not CPU or hardware related because I have no issues watching & recording TV with the bundled Catalyst Media Center.

Also, I've noticed that BTV won't recognize my ATI Remote Wonder Plus even though I have the drivers installed. What's up with that?

Back