Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 $129 @Amazon.

Nice!

Although holding out for a deal on the 990 600 Premium.

Heard the Pros are on the tight side and I have a melon.

great price. I would be in for one if I had an amp and i don't like headphones that are tight but would have given it a try if i had an amp.

great price. I would be in for one if I had an amp and i don't like headphones that are tight but would have given it a try if i had an amp.
Try the ATH-AD700 or their replacement theA TH-AD700X. They float on your head like a feather. After 10hrs of continuous use I do not get hot or feel the pressure.

They lack a little in base, but treble is great and they have a large soundstage and 3d positioning is superb.

I picked up the ATH-AD700 several years back when they would regularly go on sale for $80. The price is higher now, but they are exactly what I'm looking for. For my next can I'm on the fence about purchasing the AD700X. But I would like to experiment with others. But I feel a if I have already found the perfect headset for my needs. Comfort and 3d positioning.

Bought these for 160 2 years ago and worth every penny. Never had any issue with them being too tight.

For 130 this is a steal in this price range.

Nice!

Although holding out for a deal on the 990 600 Premium.

Heard the Pros are on the tight side and I have a melon.

Ive been though a couple dozen headphones/headsets. They aren't tight at all, and I have a large head with a ton of thick hair. I cant wear hats or I get headaches.

Looks like while the 129$ deal is still available, shipping is 2-4 weeks

i really don't think the two are comparable

Why not? They are both open cans and UnclePauly09 was commenting on the fact that the dt 990 pros are a clear step up, I assume because they fill a similar purpose but are of better quality. I don't see the problem there...

Why not? They are both open cans and UnclePauly09 was commenting on the fact that the dt 990 pros are a clear step up, I assume because they fill a similar purpose but are of better quality. I don't see the problem there...

i'm an idiot who can't read

Ya sorry if I wasn't more clear as I prob had a few beers in me already :D I meant in sound quality. The 990 pros do pretty much everything better with the biggest difference in bass as the 990's actually have presence vs the ad700 where you just get the impression of bass. The ad700 does have a slightly larger soundstage but it's comparable and depending on headsize the ad700 could be too big or just right. Both have comfortable pads. Sound quality is what I go after though and 990's do not disappoint.

they have 558's for 90 bucks through sennheiser right now with coupon. search slickdeals

$90 is pretty good for a 558, but I'd still save up for something better.

IMO you'd be crazy to pass on the 558s for $90. They were OOS when I checked or else I'd have a pair in the mail right now. The last time I saw 55x for under $100 was when the 555s were on end of life clearance.

$90 is pretty good for a 558, but I'd still save up for something better.

HD 558's are a great set of headphones. Incredibly comfortable, probably the most comfortable set of headphones I've owned. Nice smooth sound from top to bottom. Maybe not the bass extension of some others, and I've heard slightly more detail in other 'cans, but for <$100 you couldn't find a better all around package.

Back