Beware Of Emachines Customer Service

bjrebo1

n00b
sent mine in for the hinge crack...they fixed that and when it came back it had a dead pixel in the lcd (not there before) I called tech support and they transfered me to a supervisor who told me that they would replace the lcd because of the circumstances. I sent the laptop in and did not hear anything back for a couple days. I called again and the supervisor told me that everyting looked good and that i should bet the box back shortly. never got it. i called again and they gave me the number to corporate. Corporate was very rude and they told me that the original supervisor did not have the authority to place the repair for a new lcd. at this point i was irate. they were rude and when i asked to talk to their boss they said that they would not transfer. They also told me that they were not going to honor the repair. i now have a 1600 dollar laptop sitting somewhere in a warehouse and nobody can seem to tell me when i will get it back BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was you I'd keep calling them back and demand to talk someone higher up in the chain of command..

True. I think it reflects more on the customer service of the company and not the actual product.

you expected something different from gateway service? :D

welcome to why i'll never buy a gateway computer.

pxc said:

QFT

we buy our machines from gateway here at work, we ordered a $2400 or so machine from em, thing had the works, 3.2GHz P4 w/ HT, 2GB RAM, 250GB Mirrored SATA RAID array etc. We also told them to include a second network card since we needed it run it as an image server. We were told it would be 2 weeks till we got it, no later. after a month and a half i called asking where it was, apparently their supplier of 56k modems didnt send their shipment so they were waiting on that. Finally after 2 months we got the machine and the first thing noticed was that they didnt include the 2nd network card. After i turned it on i went into windows and saw that there was a D: drive, the dumb bastards didnt configure the fucking raid array and just sent them normally. i then had to enable RAID in the bios and build the array myself. had to then format the install and they were telling me to boot off the driver CD to the windows install to bring it to factory defaults which i tried 3 times yet every time it would go to load windows it would get a BSOD and reboot continuously. After the 3rd time and spending an entire day on it i told the guy from gateway he was useless and hung up on him. I installed windows from the windows CD so it wouldnt install any drivers or anything gateway related and sure enough it worked. i dont think we will be buying from gateway anymore

the only time i had to call emachines support they were actually very helpfull, once i broke the language barrier :D.

what model emachines do you have?

acascianelli said:
the only time i had to call emachines support they were actually very helpfull, once i broke the language barrier :D.

what model emachines do you have?

Last time I called, it was an American I spoke to...

pxc said:

eMachines runs the show now, not Gateway, and they got top marks for customer service and the number of returned products 6 months ago from best buy.

I think you're fully justified in walking into the corporate office brandishing a large amount of automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Proceed to shoot everyone until you've acquired your machine. You'd go on as a living testament as to why customer service should be better, plus you'd totally win the craziest bastard of the year award.

I called again today and threatened everyting possible;however, they just laugh at me and say that they will not transfer me to anyone higher. To make matters worse, they still have not shipped my notebook back to me. I agree that the machine is excellent, but who cares about a great machine if it goes bad and the company wont stand behind it.. Don't get me wrong I could not do without my m6805 that is why i am mad about this whole thing. Their tech supervisor told me to send it in, and they are not honoring his judgement. Wouldnt have been a big deal if they would have told me no in the first place, but not i have a 1600 laptop that no one knows when i will get back...

Threaten legal recourse, and if not start googling the executives. They're phone numbers are somewhere :). Its a total breakdown of customer service, and it is making me rethink buying an m6811 if it ever comes out.

bjrebo1 said:
I called again today and threatened everyting possible;however, they just laugh at me and say that they will not transfer me to anyone higher. To make matters worse, they still have not shipped my notebook back to me. I agree that the machine is excellent, but who cares about a great machine if it goes bad and the company wont stand behind it.. Don't get me wrong I could not do without my m6805 that is why i am mad about this whole thing. Their tech supervisor told me to send it in, and they are not honoring his judgement. Wouldnt have been a big deal if they would have told me no in the first place, but not i have a 1600 laptop that no one knows when i will get back...

Man dosen't look like anything is getting done, and they aren't even going to ship it back to you? That's BS, i'd go file a BBB report and someone will contact u from emachines.

Yes.. file with BBB.. and keep calling them.. honestly.. i've been in a situation with my university and it took about 3 weeks of going into that office but it got done!! i would file with BBB and just keep calling them daily.. i would also write to them.. do you have any proof of shipment? copy that and send it in..

Gruntled Employee said:
IBM and E-Machines are terrible for service.

wtf are you talking about? the only time i had to call IBM was when i wanted recovery discs sent to me. i was on hold for no longer than 3 minutes and i got the discs the very next day

TheGeneral said:
wtf are you talking about? the only time i had to call IBM was when i wanted recovery discs sent to me. i was on hold for no longer than 3 minutes and i got the discs the very next day

I have had bad dealings with them to the point where a lawer had to call them to get results.

i filed with the bbb and today they finally released my laptop so i will post when i get it back tomorrow... i have a feeling that they changed out the lcd and corporate told them to change it back... there better not be any damage or more dead pixels or they will be hearing from my lawyer. thanks to all for the advice... i will keep you posted

Instead of fighting those bastards next time about the dead pixel, just make the fucking hinge crack again. It's a known weakness in the laptop's design and maybe with the next replacement lcd you will have no dead pixels. After all, they can't argue about the cracked hinge part. :D ;)

any updates? you get the laptop back? I really hope they fixed that shit, otherwise give em' hell

I was very happy with their support when I sent mine in. Fast turn around too.

I would start again from the bottom with your RMA number and try and see if that leads you on a diffrent final path.

got the laptop back...repair was not made. I guess that i will have to wait until the bbb gets a response. thanks for all the help.

I had bad luck with IBm myself.....people seem to LOVE they're laptops. I myself can pass on them. Now EM really erks me because I am really close to buying one of these things, now I am slightly re-thinking the purchase. I don't want to sound like an a-hole but don't pc manufacturers not repair an lcd unless it has like 6 or more dead pixels? If I am wrong please tell me, cause i dont want to crap on his bad CS experience but I would not have returned a laptop for 1 dead pixel. Again my .2 cents and I dont want to sound like an a-hole......maybe too late for that huh?

-Rikus

RikuS said:
I had bad luck with IBm myself.....people seem to LOVE they're laptops. I myself can pass on them. Now EM really erks me because I am really close to buying one of these things, now I am slightly re-thinking the purchase. I don't want to sound like an a-hole but don't pc manufacturers not repair an lcd unless it has like 6 or more dead pixels? If I am wrong please tell me, cause i dont want to crap on his bad CS experience but I would not have returned a laptop for 1 dead pixel. Again my .2 cents and I dont want to sound like an a-hole......maybe too late for that huh?

-Rikus

The point is, he returned it originally for the cracked hinge issue that these machines all seem to be having and the lcd on the screen that they changed out had 0 dead pixels and when they returned it with the fixed hinge, the screen had a defective pixel. They should at least return the damn thing with no dead pixels, since his original screen was perfect.

Back