• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Beware Corsair PS Rebates!!!!!

Exeodus

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
1,124

EDIT: I have received my rebate from Corsair on 12-23-08.



Well, I purchased a 750TX form Micro Center at the beginning of October. It had a 50.00 MIR that I sent out promptly. My request was processed and told a check was sent out and that I should have it by 12-12-08. Well surprise surprise, it is 12-18-08 and still no check.

So I called the rebate phone number, was informed I was caller #21, and I was on hold for 30+ minutes. Now they tell me I have to wait a additional 2-4 weeks for my check.:eek:

What a load of crap. I submitted a rebate the same day to Norton and I got that check a month ago. I realize that some rebate companies are having issues paying out, but it is the manufactures responsibility to insure that the customer is taken care of.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have seen issues regarding memory rebates form Corsair before, maybe I should have known better. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have received my rebate from Corsair on 12-23-08.
 
Have you tried contacting Corsair? Redbeard and Mike Clements from this forum are both Reps, you could try PM'ing one of them.
 
I didn't call them, however I did check out their forums. It has a sticky regarding rebates and basically states that they don't handle them and you have to call the rebate company.

So I don't feel to confident for a quick resolution, but thanks for the response.
 
I purchased an HX1000W about the same time and got my rebate check a week or 2 ago.
 
Just be glad you are still getting your check. There have been others who have not even received rebates checks from companies (not necessarily a Corsair rebate, but something else). Whenever I fill out rebates I usually forget about them until I get them in the mail.
 
I bought a HX520 during labor day weekend (20 dollar rebate); got the rebate late November. Granted, I was going the buy the 520HX regardless of the rebate. It was just a little bit of a sweetener.
 
I bought a 650TX last September and haven't heard a thing about my rebate I sent in. I'd mostly forgotten about it until now though.
 
Back
Top