Between these two, which one? LGA 1366

Forsakenzoul

Limp Gawd
Hello all :)

I need to buy a new motherboard and I was considering one of these two mobos.

The ASUS Sabertooth or the ASUS P6X58D-E.

I can't really spend much more on a mobo.I will be using an i7 920 and there will be some OCing done too. If there are other options, I'm open to them as long as its not an EVGA. I've had bad experiences with EVGA boards.

Thank you all in advance for the help. :)

theres a rampage 3 extreme on sale in the forums in that price range i believe.

Personally, i got rid of my p6x58d-e for a rampage 3 fomula for reasons of PCIe spacing (couldnt use the bottome pcie in my case with the -e becasue its too low), colour coordination, and i liked the features on the rampage.
features were:
can view current voltages and frequencies in bios wile overclocking, intel ethernet controller, more fan headers, 1 more usb header....

The 58d-e is a SOLID overclocker. Super easy. I have no experience with the sabretooth, but i do hear that they are super solid as well, and sport a better warranty.

but yeah, if your case can fit the rampage extreme, check out the FS forum here. It has an AMAZING price on it.

Thanks, I did find the Rampage on it the forums and have PMed the seller. You were right, AMAZING price. I hope it fits on my Antec 300, even if it is a tight squeeze, I can make it work I believe. Again, thanks for your input :).

Back