• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

better sound card?

SBSuperfly

Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
865
I'm a total newb when it comes to sound cards. I have always used onboard sound, but the onboard sound on my new build blows. There are weird noises whenever i open, close, or drag a window. Anyway, I believe i've narrowed my search to these 2 options:

1) AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

or

2)Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 Sound Card

I mostly game and listen to music. When i game, i play mostly CSS and Oblivion using a SENNHEISER PC 150 Headset. If anyone has experience with either of these cards i'd love some feedback. I've heard the audigy2 zs is supposed to be good for gaming, but i got plenty CPU horsepower and am not really worried about a few more FPS.
 
I would say save up for X-Fi.

Better gaming support and sound quality. And if you aren't using a receiver a Mystique is pointless....
 
if you game and you game on headphones, you can't do better than the x-fi. if its not out of your budget then go for it. if it is and its between the mystique and the audigy, i go with the audigy because of the vastly superior gaming support.
 
jester1176 said:
if you game and you game on headphones, you can't do better than the x-fi. if its not out of your budget then go for it. if it is and its between the mystique and the audigy, i go with the audigy because of the vastly superior gaming support.

LoL! Thats a joke! The best bang for your buck audio card on the market is the X series from AuzenTech (X-Mystique, X-Plosion) and is vastly superior in audio fidelity to the Audigy 2! I game all the time with an X-Mystique and a 7.1 Boston Acoustics setup and just love it, so much so that I'm going to be upgrading to the new X-Plosion soon for my new SFF Gaming/HTPC!
 
Back
Top