• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

better performance ???

brinjin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2002
Messages
418
Which is the better performer 6800gt or X800xt (non-pe), and by how much? Keeping in mind I already know price/performance wise 6800gt is better, this is strictly performance.
 
Netrat33 said:
they both really blow
save your money!

Really, thats the first I've heard, your opinion intrigues me. Please ellaborate, why do you think they suck? Back when people were going nuts about the 9800 pro i went out and got me one, the improvement was clear, i was happy, but i felt like i wasn't quite as impressed as everyone else. Hence the reason I'd like to hear about your experience.
 
brinjin said:
Really, thats the first I've heard, your opinion intrigues me. Please ellaborate, why do you think they suck? Back when people were going nuts about the 9800 pro i went out and got me one, the improvement was clear, i was happy, but i felt like i wasn't quite as impressed as everyone else. Hence the reason I'd like to hear about your experience.

my bad sorry to fool ya.
i was just joking because I happen to see this thread alot ;)

Both are very good cards

I went from GF 2 to 9800 pro to (for about a month when I released I should have investigated more and saw the next gen cards were coming out) to 5950 (for like 2 days for same reason above and a longer story) to a XT PE
I was pretty impressed with the 9800 pro but i wanted just that extra push because I wanted all the candy at highest res (silent hill 3 and farcry couldn't do HIGHEST possible)

Then I heard the XTs and ultras were basically a leap like the voodoo days. I'd say that's about right. They are super fast and I think you'd be happy (so at least wash away that "fear" you have)

As to the two cards...I think whatever you find first should work. Just avoid the x800 pro
Granted it's a great card...but I think you'll have that same '9800 pro feeling' all over again.

If your not an overclocker though...might go with the XT
 
Back
Top