Better AIO Cooling for my 7820X?

jhatfie

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been running my 7820X for a while now. Think I have decided on a 4.7Ghz OC @ 1.225v with -4 AVX offset and 3.2Ghz cache. Lightly OC'd my Mushkin DDR4-3000 to 3200 with 16-16-16-35 timings. Thus far everything has proven rock solid with these settings, however my encoding sessions get a bit toasty hitting up to 80-81C on my hottest cores. Prime95 small FFT's will hit 90-92C after about 30 minutes. Idle is low, 27-28C and games rarely generate much heat.

I am using my old Cooler Master Glacer 240L. It served me well with my OC'd 5820k and still appears to be performing decently, but the 7820X runs damn hot. I'd like to trim lower temps 5C if possible at the same settings. I am too lazy to do custom loops like I did years ago, but could I expect to see much in the way of temp improvements if I went to a good quality 360mm radiator AIO, like the Alphacool Eisbaer 360 or maybe a Swiftech H320 X2?

how often do you play prime95? ;)
do you use avx*** at all? if not rerun, with prime 26.6 or older and see how temps are 'cause its probably fine. if you do need it, move up to either of those.

edited speelin

Last edited:
how often do you play prime96? ;)
do you use avx*** at all? if not rerun, with prime 26.6 or older and see how temps are 'cause its probably fine. if you do need it, move up to either of those.

lol, yeah I do not play Prime95. However I do use Ripbot, which uses AVX and does cause me to repeatedly hit those 80+C temps. I could always lower my AVX offset further, which does lower temps even with the same voltage. I'd just prefer to peak in the mid 70's max for any extended period of time, so I am looking at options. I could also just build some different overclocking profiles as well to use under different usage settings I suppose.

Back