better 360 games? when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeero

Gawd
just having a little mini rant

after playing around with a friend's 360 for some extensive time. i can say this. besides kameo, i have found that the other games are not that absorbing. where is our splinter cell 4? our halo3? our ninja gaiden 360? next gen shenmue? next gen jet set radio? next gen dynasty warriors? more more more!!!

kameo and nba2k6 and nbalive06 can only last us soo long. :eek:

and most importantly, the modchips!!!!

k end rant

hey, the PC had terrible launch titles. so give xbox360 a break. the games will come. :cool:

Xeero said:
just having a little mini rant

after playing around with a friend's 360 for some extensive time. i can say this. besides kameo, i have found that the other games are not that absorbing. where is our splinter cell 4? our halo3? our ninja gaiden 360? next gen shenmue? next gen jet set radio? next gen dynasty warriors? more more more!!!

kameo and nba2k6 and nbalive06 can only last us soo long. :eek:

and most importantly, the modchips!!!!

k end rant

Dude, its been a month...even less for us in the UK. Give it time.

No pleasing some people though I guess!

Bo_Bice said:
hey, the PC had terrible launch titles. so give xbox360 a break. the games will come. :cool:

wtf are you talking about....launch titles for pc....pfft :rolleyes:

jonneymendoza said:
LOL wtf launch titles for pc? LOL!! he must still have a hang over

defiant said:
wtf are you talking about....launch titles for pc....pfft :rolleyes:

hey that smiley is supposed to be 'sarcastic sunglasses guy'

true nonetheless.

COD2, PGR3 are out now and are excellent

DOA4 will be out shortly, Oblivion following.

There are plenty of great games out for the 360...apparently the problem is that 2 of the three games your friend has are awful basketball games... *crossing my fingers that the College Hoops game for 360 won't be so feature poor*

Go take a look at the following...

Gears of War
Huxley
Too Human
Mass Effect
Oblivion
Lost Planet
Ninety-Nine Nights
Blue Dragon
UT 2007
Splinter Cell 4 : Double Agent

All due out in 2006 I believe... Huxley and Mass Effect might be 07 I think. But I think round 2 for the 360 starts in March. So after March expect to see great games hitting the market. Games that weren't rushed and that actually showcase the power of the 360.

the only memorable launch game on any console to my knoweldge is halo1

.......people expect way to much.....tell me how many ps2 launch titles you still play

i honestly think PD0 doesnt get credit it deserves, simply because it is hand down the best looking game i have ever played......yes its not photorealistic hl2 style but it is beautiful i was in awe when i played the forest level....i could not believe my eyes, yes its story line is cheezey and multiplayer is no halo but i feel its under rated game(no screenshot i have seen to date did this game justice.....its sorta a you gotta be playing it to appreciate it thing)

pgr is amazing but racing game that you cant customize cars get old to me fast
COD2 is fun, live on it is a bit broken but its good for it single player
doa4, most definatly wont be a let down at all
NFSU:MW is awsome....simply put

Oblivion and DOA4 were both supposed to be launch titles, but you know what ? I'm glad they delayed them to give them that special touch needed to not make them a rushed POS launch game.

That said, I think the current 360 launch titles are fantastic. Given there isn't a Halo AAA game there ... but in todays console days creating a great AAA game takes a hell of a lot of time and oh yea, LETS NOT FORGET ... the final dev kit. From what I've read these launch titles were put together on older dev kits, and maybe use say ~20-40% of what one core can do.

Once the second round of titles hit the shelves, people finally won't have a thing to bitch about. Fast forward a year or two and game titles will be simply amazing.

Don't pick on Ballz for that one. He may be younger than some of us in the thread, but he's certainly right about console launches. MOST (not all) console launches suck total ass. There are a few exceptions (most Nintendo consoles, the Dreamcast), and even though I don't consider Halo a triple A title, a lot of people bought it. That said, there have been better launches than this X360 rushed launch. There are better games coming in 2006, thankfully... a few that aren't even ports, and a couple them aren't even racing games and shooters! :eek: So those of you that are bored with it already, look forward to spring :)

rawr, maybe M$ should've launched the console later? That would've given em chance to work out some of the defects that some people have on their 360 and maybe a uber launch title to boot?

Hmm, DoA4 is definitely a game I'm buying, just for the secrect character! Huxley I might buy, but I'd rather play the PC version.

Xeero said:
rawr, maybe M$ should've launched the console later? That would've given em chance to work out some of the defects that some people have on their 360 and maybe a uber launch title to boot?
we all know sony has and will be on top of that :rolleyes:

cod2 is a great game, granted its also for the pc. I've been pretty happy with NFSMW... playing it in my free time between 2 jobs, and I just picked up quake 4... one of my friend's said perfect dark was supposed to be good.. so if you can't find a launch game worth playing.. are you playing 24hrs straight or wtf?

Tedium said:
Why even bring sony up in response to his post?
because people expect microsoft to be perfect....complain when there not and act like there the first to do this type of thing

Tiny said:

"Hey guys.. I would have liked to see the xbox implement this (insert random thing)"

"HAH LIKE SONY WOULD DO IT!"

Ballz said:
because people expect microsoft to be perfect....complain when there not and act like there the first to do this type of thing

I don't think anyone expects them to be perfect, but you can't do things badly and simply say "well they screwed it up too!" I think that has started a bad trend that has continued for a while. I think the point he was trying to make is why not take time with the launch and do it the right way regardless of whether sony would have or not. Maybe that would have set a better precedent and maybe even helped them gain some ground?

Yup, next time Microsoft should consult with everyone that may or may not buy one. Don't launch something until everyone has had their say in it.

Yup..........no. :rolleyes:

Tiny said:
Yup, next time Microsoft should consult with everyone that may or may not buy one. Don't launch something until everyone has had their say in it.

Yup..........no. :rolleyes:

Exactly.. that's what everyone meant. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back