Bethesda Plays Fallout 4 - Nuka-World

All the dlc has really disappointed me so far this time out. Nothing has come out that couldn't have been a mod. I remember getting fallout 3 dlc operation Anchorage and loving it for fallout 3. Only reason I grabbed the season pass for 4. Won't make that mistake again. Here is hoping nuka world is finally worth it.

I thought Far Harbor was pretty good and even at level 80 it can provide some challenge especially when I'm not rocking out in my power armor. Looking forward to this one!

Far Harbor comes to mind and actually,and Automatron isn't so bad either.

Let me put it into perspective. Far Harbor I don't have to explain, that's a decent amount of content with a full story line and only the most ambitious mod could come close. then again, if someone writes a mod like that, you should think of it as DLC and not a mod.

Now the Automatron DLC. I still haven't finished it, and I let it run for a long time. I only play in Survival mode and frankly I find that as much running around as I do, the enemies don't spawn in often enough and random encounters are rare enough that without the random Robot/Rust Devil encounters I wouldn't have any surprises at all. But now, at level 95, I am finally going to go ahead and take on the Mechanist and beard him in his den.

I'm sorry they didn't bring much for you, but I have enjoyed them.

bring it on. at level 120 currently . .and not done with far harbor yet . . leave the power armor at home for the most fun in the dlc.

Been playing this for about a week now in the closed beta. I'm loving it! It's quite a bit of fun. I don't find it too serious, and adds a little bit of light to the game, without ruining the designed mood.

Still a little below level 30 for me and not even close to finishing the main quests, but that's mainly due to my play style. :)
Been playing survival with a upgraded chinese sword mainly but won't use any type of guns, power armor and am limiting myself to grenades and mines for explosives. (Also no mods) A lot harder but fun.
Once i get done with this i'm going to do a conventional playthrough though.
And of course i'll get the new DLC......

FFS Leave your power armor at home! I cant stand to watch people on youtube ROFLSTOMP everything in their power armor and then complain the game is too easy!

FFS Leave your power armor at home! I cant stand to watch people on youtube ROFLSTOMP everything in their power armor and then complain the game is too easy!

I run survival mode, with the Brutality mod. I can kill a DeathClaw in one 30 round magazine as long as I fire nice controlled bursts and keep the misses down. But if I blow it and that DeathClaw grabs me before I can reload, I'm dead. I'm more deadly, but so are the enemies. Life becomes who shoots first and who is more accurate and I find it much more realistic and fun. Those NPCs that talk to you in dialogue and then go hostile and instantly start shooting can kill you before you can pull your trigger on them. A raider you don't see, and for whatever reason didn't say "what !" letting you know they were there, and instead just started shooting. They can kill you if you aren't lucky. that is how I have been having my most fun with FO4.

And yes, I usually leave the power Armor at home. My favorite is the Marine Wetsuit with the modern body armor, DragonSkin, etc.

I've been collecting the power armor, but other than when you use it for the deathclaw, and the big giant, I haven't used it.

I've been collecting the power armor, but other than when you use it for the deathclaw, and the big giant, I haven't used it.

I use it when I have a companion who is completely incapable of stealth that I want to take along. Like Strong.

Otherwise I got light, and I go alone.

Never could get into Fallout 3 so didnt even buy 4. I think i have like 2 hours played in F3

I use it when I have a companion who is completely incapable of stealth that I want to take along. Like Strong.

Otherwise I got light, and I go alone.

Only companion I use is the dog, and I've never left him behind. I run and gun though. May do a stealth run after I finish Nuka World. I'm having a blast with it.
Word to the wise though- get your conversation skills up. High as you can. Saves a lot of trouble

I'm just waiting on them to finish all the DLC of course and release a complete package in time for an Xmas sale.

Nuka World has too much ground to make up for it to be worth the cost of the season pass. I'd say Far Harbor was decent and Automatron would be good filler between larger DLC, but the rest I've found either pointless or lazy. For an open world FPS/RPG game it sure seems like they want you to instead spend all your time at settlements trying to click things together.

Just like game pre-orders, I think this was the last pre-release season pass for me.

I'm just waiting on them to finish all the DLC of course and release a complete package in time for an Xmas sale.
This is the last DLC for the game according to the News page on Steam. It could just mean it's the last one for free if you bought a Season's Pass though.

Nuka World has too much ground to make up for it to be worth the cost of the season pass. I'd say Far Harbor was decent and Automatron would be good filler between larger DLC, but the rest I've found either pointless or lazy. For an open world FPS/RPG game it sure seems like they want you to instead spend all your time at settlements trying to click things together.

Just like game pre-orders, I think this was the last pre-release season pass for me.

Well, I will say this. I am experimenting with which settlements to build strong defenses for so I can limit the "settlement is being attacked" instances to those settlements that are easy to reach quickly. I mean, make sure places like the coastal cottage, and Warwicks are all really strong. Let the games happen at Taffington Boathouse and the Drive-In.

Well, I will say this. I am experimenting with which settlements to build strong defenses for so I can limit the "settlement is being attacked" instances to those settlements that are easy to reach quickly. I mean, make sure places like the coastal cottage, and Warwicks are all really strong. Let the games happen at Taffington Boathouse and the Drive-In.
I think that's one the fundamental flaws of the settlements. You only hear about players trying to deal with them as a flawed game mechanic rather than something actually as part of the gameplay. There's no real stakes to settlements being attacked and it just comes across as busy work to artificially pad the game out, so players find a way to limit it.

Like most people I built a few fortresses, but ultimately none of it either enhanced the game or felt like there was anything clever about it. Just getting the junk fences to line up seemed like an exercise in futility.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I'm just wondering if GOTY editions will still be a thing in these days of Season Passes (aka pre-orders for DLC)

I was really hoping for a dlc to expand on the institute and add more to that faction.

I was really hoping for a dlc to expand on the institute and add more to that faction.

Same, the Institute was my favorite part. Knowing that there was this entire civilization buried underground for hundreds of years untouched by the chaos the surface. Then slowly finding out what kind of experiments they performed and all the darkness that surrounds them. Fucking Bethesda is slacking.

So apparently Nuka World is going to be smaller than Far Harbor! Thats kind of disappointing, I mean come on Fallout 3 had big and awesome DLCs, same for Fallout New Vegas. Im starting to feel like Fallout 4 content is lacking compared to its predecessors. Bethesda has gotten lazy and dropped the ball on this game. Even Skyrim had shit load more content! This is just going to be one playthrough with mods and then Im done with this game.

So apparently Nuka World is going to be smaller than Far Harbor! Thats kind of disappointing, I mean come on Fallout 3 had big and awesome DLCs, same for Fallout New Vegas. Im starting to feel like Fallout 4 content is lacking compared to its predecessors. Bethesda has gotten lazy and dropped the ball on this game. Even Skyrim had shit load more content! This is just going to be one playthrough with mods and then Im done with this game.

I've put ten hours or so into it, and completed stage one of five. I haven't played the other dlc, so I cant attest to their length. I explore a lot, so I get quite a bit more out of the game that way

Back