BestBuy Black Friday Early Access Preview for Elite/Plus

chizow

[H]ard|Gawd
ALL deals are live, prices as shown including:

Logitech G-Series 50% off : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/bf-logitech-g-series

Select Logitech Accessories 50% off: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/bf-logitech-accessories-evn11572

More Early Preview Items List: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global-...001&ref=P30T23R141&loc=BODY&CampaignID=819405

Just picked up 2 pair of G933 white edition for $99.99 each and another G502 for $40. Other nice deals include G900 wireless mouse for $75, G910 (updated version) keyboard is $90, their new racing wheels (G29 or G920) are $200.

Numerous games are already on sale too! As rumored, Gamer's Club Unlocked is not stacking with the BF sale prices.

Battlefield 1 $30
Overwatch $35
Titanfall 2 $30 (not PC)
Dishonored 2 PC $35 ($28 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20161124-d1

If you prefer Amazon, keep an eye out as they frequently price match popular BestBuy sales!

All purchases will go towards your Amex $25 off $250 as long as you use your enrolled Amex card!

Last edited:
Wow nice!! hope they will price match me for that G900 mouse I ended up just price matching last Friday for $133.99 and bf1 that I pre ordered 2 copies for 48 ea.

I just got them to price match my 2 pre ordered copies of tf2 the other day and they even lowered it another 20% cause of the gamer club.

I wouldn't doubt they will say no cause it's black Friday prices.

Wow nice!! hope they will price match me for that G900 mouse I ended up just price matching last Friday for $133.99 and bf1 that I pre ordered 2 copies for 48 ea.

I just got them to price match my 2 pre ordered copies of tf2 the other day and they even lowered it another 20% cause of the gamer club.

At least for the mouse I wouldn't leave it to chance, just buy at the BF price and return the unopened one you get for the $133.99 price using that receipt. For the BF copies you may be cutting it close on your 30 or 45 day return window. In general I do believe they say they will not price match BF prices, you have to catch the deals when they are live.

I agree with chizow, best bet is to order the G900 now if you have BF early access and return your current one to the store. Bestbuy won't price match Black Friday prices. Of course you can try.

I have wanted this mouse for some time but never pulled the trigger. I'll soon see how it compares to my G502 Spectrum once it gets here Wed. Very happy that I waited.

There is a 25% for 3 or more accessories. It seems when you add 3 or more accessories, you lose the early access BF price and get 25% off instead.

wish i had access to the BB elite sale damn, really want a g900 and g910. 3 accessories for 25% isnt bad but i only need 2.

Same boat here. Having major problems with my keyboard and it isn't under warranty. Could use a replacement like the G810, but would only pull the trigger at %50 off.

I agree with chizow, best bet is to order the G900 now if you have BF early access and return your current one to the store. Bestbuy won't price match Black Friday prices. Of course you can try.

I have wanted this mouse for some time but never pulled the trigger. I'll soon see how it compares to my G502 Spectrum once it gets here Wed. Very happy that I waited.
NIce let me know what you think of it compared to the G502. They made some changes to the G900 and even G700/s design that I didn't really like, maybe to make it an ambidextrous mouse. I didn't like how they moved the buttons from the index finger and put it in that crowded and awkward area behind the scroll wheel. And now there's no thumb landing wing either, probably another ambidextrous design decision.

There is a 25% for 3 or more accessories. It seems when you add 3 or more accessories, you lose the early access BF price and get 25% off instead.
Yeah I think that's a known issue, the lesser discount ends up overriding, but with free shipping you can just place multiple orders to get the better discount of 50% off MSRP. If you really wanted to try your luck, you might be able to get each item at 50% off then say there is an additional 25% off for 3 items and see if they apply the additional 25% off.

Same boat here. Having major problems with my keyboard and it isn't under warranty. Could use a replacement like the G810, but would only pull the trigger at %50 off.
These deals will go live for everyone on Thursday at 5pm. I don't expect more expensive things like G810 or G910 to sell out since there's a lot of other keyboard options, although cheaper items like G502 might.

For those wondering how to hit elite/plus levels, by far the easiest way is to apply for a Best Buy Visa Credit Card that is linked to your BB Membership #. From what I understand the credit requirements may be strict, but if you make a large purchase (like a TV or appliance) they are more likely to approve you and you can then choose 6% cash back or some form of 0% interest financing. The credit limits are low on purpose, because they want you to pay off your promotional balance before spending it on new purchases. After you pay off whatever purchase you made, you can still use the card to spend on any purchase even outside of Best Buy and EVERY DOLLAR goes toward your $1500/$3500 Elite/Plus thresholds. I put my ISP bill on the card on autopay and that alone ensures I hit Elite levels every year and within ~$1,000 of Elite Plus.

For those wondering how to hit elite/plus levels, by far the easiest way is to apply for a Best Buy Visa Credit Card that is linked to your BB Membership #.

I have their credit card... time to see what's up here

Best Buy will price match their own black friday prices. The only catch is you have to go into the store on to get the price match when the deals are live.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and asked them about the g900 and g933 I just bought because I tried to return so that I can wait until black friday but the manager assured me that I could keep my g900 and g933 and just come into the store on black friday and they would give me the 50% off. I'm still within my return period even after black friday so if they lie, eh I'll just return and re buy.

I have heard that Logitech will have their own deals for Black Friday as well (30-50% but not sure on what), so for those of us who lack BB elite status, still might be able to make something work.

I bought a $1200 Vizio TV from BB this year but I dont have a BB Visa or anything, and IIRC isn't it like $1500 spent for Elite status? That's the only thing I've bought from BB this year and it's tied to my member #.

Best Buy will price match their own black friday prices. The only catch is you have to go into the store on to get the price match when the deals are live.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and asked them about the g900 and g933 I just bought because I tried to return so that I can wait until black friday but the manager assured me that I could keep my g900 and g933 and just come into the store on black friday and they would give me the 50% off. I'm still within my return period even after black friday so if they lie, eh I'll just return and re buy.

Yep they will PM when the deals are live, but the highlighted portion is what you really want to try to avoid like the plague, BestBuy on Black Friday in-store much less the CS line. You may be able to get them on the phone to do it since these deals are also online, but again, I'd try to avoid any kind of CS during this BF sale unless you have an hour to kill. There is also the risk they sell out and say that as a reason they don't PM you.

How do you like the G900 btw?

I have heard that Logitech will have their own deals for Black Friday as well (30-50% but not sure on what), so for those of us who lack BB elite status, still might be able to make something work.

I bought a $1200 Vizio TV from BB this year but I dont have a BB Visa or anything, and IIRC isn't it like $1500 spent for Elite status? That's the only thing I've bought from BB this year and it's tied to my member #.
The "All Rewards History" section under your account used to have a bar that told you how far you were from each tier (because everything is a Steam Achievement now I guess) but it looks like they disabled it maybe to lock it in for this sale. I am pretty sure as soon as you hit that new spending tier Elite/Plus will go active and continue for a full year plus until the end of the next calendar year, but not totally sure.

As for Logitech.com sale, I wouldn't be too optimistic, they may go as high as 50% (doubtful imo), but they love to exclude their newest and most pricey items.

I just became an Elite member last month. Wow, the G710+ Mechanical keyboard is $59.99. Thats a solid deal right there.

Guess Im going to return my G900 and get it again. Bestbuy wont price match themselves for their own BF deals, I learned that last year. But Im an ElitePlus Member so I am still in the window to return my G900 that I paid full price for.

Guess Im going to return my G900 and get it again. Bestbuy wont price match themselves for their own BF deals, I learned that last year. But Im an ElitePlus Member so I am still in the window to return my G900 that I paid full price for.
Easiest way to do this if you have another week or so on your 45 day window is to just order one today at the $75 price with free 2 day. It should arrive Wednesday or Monday at the latest. Take the unopened G900 with your OLD receipt for $150 and return it sometime next week when its not so insane.

This saves you the hassle of having to box up your opened one and sit in line while the CS person checks to make sure everything is there. Minimizes wastage and time, BB eats shipping, you eat 15 minutes in line. No downtime otherwise you still use your mouse.

Order I placed last night when this went live already shipped and I'll be getting it tomorrow. Pretty much overnight for free, I guess BB and UPS are already on their amped up holiday shipping schedule!

That's nice last year I was in my local bb and the manager flat out told me he could not price match the Nvidia shied cause it's a black Friday sale even though I was there during it! I said ok I'll go and buy it then and return mine. he said that's fine.

At least for the mouse I wouldn't leave it to chance, just buy at the BF price and return the unopened one you get for the $133.99 price using that receipt. For the BF copies you may be cutting it close on your 30 or 45 day return window. In general I do believe they say they will not price match BF prices, you have to catch the deals when they are live.

I just got back and boy was it a ordeal to get it done. the manager said that the computer wouldn't allow them to price match it.. the women at cs said it's because of the game bundle code..

Anyways I told them I just did this at the other location without problem for titanfall 2 last Friday and they even gave me the gamer club 20% on top!

So in the end they only way they could figure it out to price match was to return ans rebuy it at the new discounted price.. and I didn't get the extra 20% gamer club discount.. prob cause that just ran out but that didn't stop the other store!

Also did a price match for the Logitech g900 mouse and they had to do the same return and rebuy cause it's stated online only.. all was a hassle but I saved $100 total..

Just sucks thst I lost the pre order 10 in rewards for ea bf1 game i bought pre order.

They got it done for me at my local bb in michigan. I'm an elite plus member as well.. wasn't smooth but it happend.

They got it done for me at my local bb in michigan. I'm an elite plus member as well.. wasn't smooth but it happend.

I just ordered it online. We get 2 day shipping anyways Ill get mine on Wednesday.

Thanks for the info, Chizow - I just picked up a G910, G900 and a G933 to pretty up my rig!

Hey all for all of you who don't have elite/plus you can now buy a majority of these deals early using the promocodes in the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global-...001&ref=P30T23R141&loc=BODY&CampaignID=819542

I just tried and successfully applied the promocode using a peon guest account. Good luck!!!
Wow dude, thanks for posting this. Just bought a G810 and a G502 Spectrum to replace my aging gear. Have loved my g9x for many years but it's finally beginning to wear down.

Thanks for sharing. I'm not in need of anything but a friend of mine was eyeing the wireless g933 on amazon so I passed this along to him.

Looks like it is capped at $99 off?

I added a Logitech G920 racing wheel and only had $99 off at checkout, about $50 shy of 50% off.

Looks like it is capped at $99 off?

I added a Logitech G920 racing wheel and only had $99 off at checkout, about $50 shy of 50% off.

It will only do 50% of regular price. So the 920 is normally $400, which means 50% off is $200. You don't get 50% off the sale price of $300.

How is Best Buy when it comes to returning keyboards, mice, and headphones? There's a Best Buy about 5 minutes from my office, so I went there about an hour ago, but almost nothing of logitech's was on display to test for my user comfort. What sort of return hassle will I face from ordering one of each keyboard, laser gaming mouse, and 433/ 633 / 933 headphones to see which if any of the products I actually like? The only things I've ever returned to Best Buy were still in the original, never-opened shrinkwrap.

For what it's worth I'm an elite member just from occasionally using the co-branded Visa card.

How is Best Buy when it comes to returning keyboards, mice, and headphones? There's a Best Buy about 5 minutes from my office, so I went there about an hour ago, but almost nothing of logitech's was on display to test for my user comfort. What sort of return hassle will I face from ordering one of each keyboard, laser gaming mouse, and 433/ 633 / 933 headphones to see which if any of the products I actually like? The only things I've ever returned to Best Buy were still in the original, never-opened shrinkwrap.

For what it's worth I'm an elite member just from occasionally using the co-branded Visa card.

They will let you return them without a problem (I think there is only a restocking fee for computers and maybe tvs or other personal electronics), but it is kind of a dick move as you are going to leave them with a bunch of opened products that they have to try to sell at a discount, but realistically will just sit there until the product is discontinued. I used to work there and our shelves were full of returned products with torn packaging but covered with heat wrap with a 10% off open box sticker.

They will let you return them without a problem (I think there is only a restocking fee for computers and maybe tvs or other personal electronics), but it is kind of a dick move as you are going to leave them with a bunch of opened products that they have to try to sell at a discount, but realistically will just sit there until the product is discontinued. I used to work there and our shelves were full of returned products with torn packaging but covered with heat wrap with a 10% off open box sticker.

It's also a bad practice to sell products with no way for your customers to try them.

I'd be careful.... they have some fucked up return policies.... September 14th-15th, I purchased and returned 3 different brand VR "goggles"....glorified google cardboard......for a cell phone.... first one / brand the Bluetooth controller was physically cracked, so returned it, they did not have another one like that in stock so I got different brand. this one didn't fit quite right and the lenses inside the goggles literally could touch my eyes!! so I returned it. the 3rd one was the same brand as the 2nd one I tried just newer revision that had more adjustments... the lenses now didn't touch my eyes but I would have to use a piece of TAPE to tape the lever in place so I didn't move and slide when somebody breathed on it..... so I returned it too and gave up..... fast forward to 3 weeks ago... I purchase a Logitech MX master mouse to replace my aged MX REVOLUTION which I loooooooooved. The MX Master is nice but it just doesn't fit my hand like the revolution did... sooo I tried to take it back....4 days later...... aaaaand I was denied because I possible fraud associated with my Visa card..... so they tracked my card and saw the 3 returns in 2 days and MY CARD was now blacklisted for returns / exchanges. Of course they will gladly take it for purchases though. Had I paid with GOOD COLD HARD CASH I wouldn't even have this issue, even if the returned item is still sealed or not . The store GM confirmed that for me. Tried multiple stores. I didn't use my best buy rewards at all so that wasn't even in the mix..... the 1800 number is a joke they only handle online orders and cannot even help with a store related issue....I am banned for returns until 2017 Well past the return policy on this 100$ mouse........

So its MY fault that best buy sold CHEAP crap? it my be my fault that I was interested in said crap, but I should not be responsible for the physically defective items that didn't pass QA that they sold and needed to be returned. Do we now have to physically open every box at best buy before we leave cash register ??

If a store wont honor its own return policy... then how can they be trusted to honor anything at all?

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...-Buy-returns-are-at-your-own-risk/td-p/962527
https://www.mainstreet.com/article/...could-get-blacklisted-by-your-favorite-stores

Last edited:

That's unfortunate you don't have a BB with the majority of their Logitech items on display, in my experience most of them do have most of the Logitech stuff on display for you to test, check the keyboards out, check the shape of the mice out. For the headphones....you probably don't need to try all of them, just settle on the one that makes sense for you at your price point since ergonomically they are all going to be similar.

As reapergato mentioned above, BestBuy does use a service called Retailer's Edge or some such, it is basically a database that tracks your returns across all participating retailers. Once you hit a threshold, you get flagged/blacklisted and the kind of treatment he described may result. Kind of sucky. From my experience, these flags ONLY happen on open items, items with no receipt, that kind of thing, so in general you will want to avoid these kinds of returns. You will know when you are about to get a ding when they ask you for your DRIVER'S LICENSE. If you mainly stick to returning unopened items in shrink wrap with a receipt, you should have no problems.

As for trying to get an idea of whether you like an item, you have to start somewhere I guess, then use reviews and other bits of information to form an opinion.

As reapergato mentioned above, BestBuy does use a service called Retailer's Edge or some such, it is basically a database that tracks your returns across all participating retailers. Once you hit a threshold, you get flagged/blacklisted and the kind of treatment he described may result. Kind of sucky. From my experience, these flags ONLY happen on open items, items with no receipt, that kind of thing, so in general you will want to avoid these kinds of returns. You will know when you are about to get a ding when they ask you for your DRIVER'S LICENSE. If you mainly stick to returning unopened items in shrink wrap, you should have no problems.

Not always though, all my items were sealed to begin with, and returned with receipt.... and not one time did they ask for my drivers license. they were sued for using them....... so they can and will track it via your debit and CC numbers........ Every store manager I asked confirmed sealed or opened is the same to them when it comes to returns as long as you returned with a receipt within 14 days. that being said.......

that is one hell of a deal on those g29 g920 wheels.... :)

Last edited:
Not always though, all my items were sealed to begin with, and returned with receipt.... and not one time did they ask for my drivers license. they were sued for using them....... so they can and will track it via your debit and CC numbers........ Every store manager I asked confirmed sealed or opened is the same to them when it comes to returns as long as you returned with a receipt within 14 days. that being said.......

that is one hell of a deal on those g29 g920 wheels.... :)
Ah OK it may be illegal in your state to ask for driver's license, for me its still pretty easy to tell when they are going in for the check/ding, and its only been open items or the rare times I try to return without a receipt or outside of the normal return window (IKEA mainly, bc I know they will give store credit happily with no receipt). In your case it may have been the 3 opened VR headsets in quick succession that triggered it, I've also read on other forums that anything related to mobile phones or maybe even accessories can trigger quick flags for bans for everything from ordering to returning (flagged as resellers).

That have been sold out for 8 hours now :pompous:
Wow G900 sold out too heh. They may have just hit their allocation, chance there's more on Thanksgiving 5pm CST, but you are competing with the world that point. :(

Back