BestBuy and their trustability

rene mauricio said:
See?! I told you guy's :mad:
My source is very near and dear to me and I know s/he would never let me down. I believe with all my heart that thoes who ordered BFG GTs will see them up to a month before thoes who ordered BGF Ultras.
any idea if such would be true for other brands like PNY (where CompUSA says ships on the 1st, and some people have already recieved thier cards straight from PNY already)?

Divine_Madcat said:
any idea if such would be true for other brands like PNY (where CompUSA says ships on the 1st, and some people have already recieved thier cards straight from PNY already)?

No, I believe PNY is the brand most current 6800 Ultra/GT users have. PNY ships them in waves but it really depends on how often you check this site. That image changes from time to time and sometimes it says "Pre-order" and some days it will say "Now available." I really never used any PNY GFX cards and the RAM I had by PNY was crappy (at best) which is why I chose BFG after I heard NVIDIA would not be making any in-house cards. Had I known this crunk would go down like this I would have jumped on the PNY site a long time ago (like Bad_Boy did) but it is still not too late to get in on the CompUSA deal. I believe their ETA is more realistic/feasible because many users can testify that PNY has indeed started shipping its GFX cards.

rene mauricio said:
No, I believe PNY is the brand most current 6800 Ultra/GT users have. PNY ships them in waves but it really depends on how often you check this site. That image changes from time to time and sometimes it says "Pre-order" and some days it will say "Now available." I really never used any PNY GFX cards and the RAM I had by PNY was crappy (at best) which is why I chose BFG after I heard NVIDIA would not be making any in-house cards. Had I known this crunk would go down like this I would have jumped on the PNY site a long time ago (like Bad_Boy did) but it is still not too late to get in on the CompUSA deal. I believe their ETA is more realistic/feasible because many users can testify that PNY has indeed started shipping its GFX cards.

If you can get in on the deal, i would adivise. it is neat holding a recipt for a 6800Ultra purchased for only $350... :)

With my luck I will get some snot nosed manager that will do nothing but laugh at me when I ask for the 30% off. :(

So after all this it seems that the GT's will ship around the 6-7th and the Ultra's will ship around the 26th.....another month of waiting.......this sucks.

In all seriousness if this card gets pushed back an entire month their will be alot of other name brands available.Evga has an Extreme Edition that looks to be the fastest "out of box" card.Personally i went with BFG because it seemed to be released before alot of the other brands plus it had a 25 mhz faster core then the standard 6800 ultra with only 400mhz core.The evga EE ships with a 450mhz and some other OC spec not sure what though.I know BFG is releasing a 470mhz core with water cooled,but i dont have a water cooling system so thats not an option.

Tricky said:
So after all this it seems that the GT's will ship around the 6-7th and the Ultra's will ship around the 26th.....another month of waiting.......this sucks.

Where beside GameVE is there a 26th of July date?

Well, GameVE is all I'm really worried about since thats who I pre-ordered from. BB had the stupid "Sold Out" button up when I purchased (last week) and I couldnt pre-order from them. Right now I'll cancel my pre-order and go somewhere else as soon as I can if it means I'm getting my card sooner. Reason I'm sticking with BFG is that lifetime warrenty.

Tricky said:

The problem is, NOBODY knows when these cards will ship.

B.F.G dude says the gts have shipped as of friday to bestbuy, Bestbuy says not till the 6th as theyre not instock.Who the hell knows

I now believe im done with both B.F.G and bestbuy, as both seem to have no idea what theyre talking about.

randsom said:
The problem is, NOBODY knows when these cards will ship.

B.F.G dude says the gts have shipped as of friday to bestbuy, Bestbuy says not till the 6th as theyre not instock.Who the hell knows

I now believe im done with both B.F.G and bestbuy, as both seem to have no idea what theyre talking about.
true

I pre-orderd the BFG 6800 GT from BB on the 20th and it was suppos to be shipping on july 1st, but now it says july 6th. I hope it realy ships on july 6th, becaus I would rather have a BFG card than aney other brand. However, if it dosen't ship on or before the 6th I'll have to get my 6800 GT somewhear else./edit Acording to evga.com they have 6800 GTs in stock and you get farcry for free, but i would still rather have a BFG.

considering i have a 4 day weekend this week they better get me the card by then :mad: :mad: :mad:

Headbust said:
considering i have a 4 day weekend this week they better get me the card by then :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aint gonna happen. :mad:

Dont hold your breath, i doubt the 6th is the real date either.

Dont feel bad i am leaving for vacation from the 24th till the 5th of august so if it doesnt ship till the 26th its gonna end up going back to BB since most carriers only hold packages for 3 days.
Headbust said:

randsom said:
Dont hold your breath, i doubt the 6th is the real date either.

Same here. Im now buying into the 26th date myself. I did not want to believe it but it does appear to be true. :(

I guess we're all in a similar boat. I originally prepurchased an X800XT, it was placed on backorder, so I went with the BFG. Now my BFG is on backorder. After all this, I think I'm going to cancel the BFG order and stick to the original plan. Who would've thunk getting a damn five-hundred dollar video card would be so tough. I remember when video cards were two-hundred dollars and that was expensive. Oh well, guess we'll see what happens. All I know is my FX-53 wants a new card to feed on. :D

- D.

Damn right. I would expect this kind of service if the crunk was worth less than $100.00, but for orders that are over $500.00 a pop you would think BB & BFG would be bending over backwards for us.

rene mauricio said:
Damn right. I would expect this kind of service if the crunk was worth less than $100.00, but for orders that are over $500.00 a pop you would think BB & BFG would be bending over backwards for us.
BB will never do that for its customers... just look at the UT2k4 event (the last big preorder fubar)...

Nah, bb doesnt care, and i dont really think B.F.G does either.If they did theyre wouldnt be all the misinformation, shipped, not shipped, preorder or back order. the only thing that matters is we wont be getting our cards on time.

this looks bad for bestbuy, but it looks real bad for B.F.G(the shipped statements).Sounds like neither of these 2 companies have theyre shit together.

Why should i or would i give my money to these guys, when they cant get together and figure out a ship date. Sounds like niether one of them knows what the other is doing

Im canceling my preorder, and wont do business with bestbuy again, and ill probably never give B.F.G another chance.neither of these companies are what id call good in the comunication department, and what happens if theyre is a issue down the road.Ive had some horrible rma issues but this one has the potential to god awful.

Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water, some of you people will NEVER be satisfied.

Our resident BFG rep said between June 28th and July 5th.
Well, it sure isn't July 5th, and everyone is already going nuts???

None of you have any reason to believe you won't have your BFG card by July 6th.

To tell the truth, I hope alot of you DO cancel your orders. That will just put my BFG Ultra OC on my doorstep that much sooner.

Sheesh...

Best Buy order just cancelled!

Im going EVGA, at least there throwing far cry in all the deal on every order, Im sure i could get the extra 25mhz outa it, The lifetime warratny thing it doesnt have doesnt bother, never had a card falter yet, with everything going wrong with the 6800 shipments im sure its gonna happen this time though :rolleyes:

rene mauricio said:
:pets the BFG rep and hands him some Ice cream: :D
I meant BestBuy's ETA is the 27th of next month. I could care less when BFG shipped it out because it does not do me, you or anyone else any good if they are being held over for lock down.

jeez who woulda figured a french guy to be a whiner!
nobody will take care of you like BFG will, go back to canada
ktp noob

LazerWire said:
Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water, some of you people will NEVER be satisfied.

None of you have any reason to believe you won't have your BFG card by July 6th.

To tell the truth, I hope alot of you DO cancel your orders. That will just put my BFG Ultra OC on my doorstep that much sooner.

Sheesh...

Its my money, ill spend it where and how, i want.Thank you very much

This situtation is being managed horriblly by both bestbuy and B.F.G.
lll admit im pissed, but not about the delay in getting the card, but about the information coming from both places doesnt jive, someone is lying. Either bfg or bestbuy, and i got the feeling its probably alittle of both, theyre trying to kep the cards sold so the enthusiast wont go somewhere else

And btw if everybody cancels you wont get the card one hour sooner, cant ship what they dont have.

randsom said:
Its my money, ill spend it where and how, i want.Thank you very much

This situtation is being managed horriblly by both bestbuy and B.F.G.
lll admit im pissed, but not about the delay in getting the card, but about the information coming from both places doesnt jive, someone is lying. Either bfg or bestbuy, and i got the feeling its probably alittle of both, theyre trying to kep the cards sold so the enthusiast wont go somewhere else

And btw if everybody cancels you wont get the card one hour sooner, cant ship what they dont have.

Lol,

Who do you work for EVGA or PNY?

Sounds like a "Chewlies Gum" ploy to me....
"Cancer merchant!!, Cancer merchant!!"

I'm not going to do anything until the 6th or 7th. If at that time, they aren't released, then I'll decide what I am going to do.

Hopefully this will work out so I can finish this damn system. lol

LazerWire said:

Sheesh...

Uh.. hello? Have you read the thread at all? BFG isnt shippign the cards. Best BUy is. And best Buy wont ship the cards at LEAST until teh 6th, if not later. So, right now, Scott could tell us we will have the cards tommorow, and it wont mean a damned thing untill BB ships them for real... get that through your head..

s[H]aqFU said:
jeez who woulda figured a french guy to be a whiner!
nobody will take care of you like BFG will, go back to canada
ktp noob

Who are you calling a French guy, or a Canadian mother fucker? Take the time to read my profile jackass before you make such racist comments.

Divine_Madcat said:
Uh.. hello? Have you read the thread at all? BFG isnt shippign the cards. Best BUy is. And best Buy wont ship the cards at LEAST until teh 6th, if not later. So, right now, Scott could tell us we will have the cards tommorow, and it wont mean a damned thing untill BB ships them for real... get that through your head..

Well, lets see... I've been following this thread from the begining so, I'll refresh for you (oh, and bite me, BTW).

BFG is shipping cards, to the bb distribution center.

BB will be recieving cards daily, from June 28th to July 5th, and beyond.

Now, it stands to reason, if BFG began shipping on Friday, that BB recieved their first shipment today. It also stands to reason, that BB has the option to start shipping early orders today, or hold all recieved product untill they can fill all pre-orders at once. We have yet to see what BB is doing, well, because this time line will place the first BB shipments with the customer... um... tomorrow

So you people need to calm down... or not... you still look damn silly.

Maybe im wrong,but whats the point of pre-ordering a video card if the company reselling them is going to wait to ship them till they have enough cards to fill all the pre-orders?In other markets we call that a group-buy.And that usually is followed by a % discount.

LazerWire said:
Well, lets see... I've been following this thread from the begining so, I'll refresh for you (oh, and bite me, BTW).

BFG is shipping cards, to the bb distribution center.

BB will be recieving cards daily, from June 28th to July 5th, and beyond.

Now, it stands to reason, if BFG began shipping on Friday, that BB recieved their first shipment today. It also stands to reason, that BB has the option to start shipping early orders today, or hold all recieved product untill they can fill all pre-orders at once. We have yet to see what BB is doing, well, because this time line will place the first BB shipments with the customer... um... tomorrow

So you people need to calm down... or not... you still look damn silly.

Uh.. supposedly BB already has the cards, AS Scott said. Maybe when you have $400 in the hands of people you dont know, and frankly dont trust, you can come back and tell people to calm down... :rolleyes:

Divine_Madcat said:
you can come back and tell people to calm down... :rolleyes:

Dear Joseph:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 07/06/2004. Your order details are listed below.

Qty 1Product Description: BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U

Price $499.99
Qty Price $499.99
Shipping $7.70
Tax $30.46
Total $538.15

calm down... :rolleyes:

LazerWire said:
Lol,

Who do you work for EVGA or PNY?

Sounds like a "Chewlies Gum" ploy to me....
"Cancer merchant!!, Cancer merchant!!"

No, im a executive chef for hilton hotels ya frickkin moron.So i know alittle about supply and demand, i also know that my card wont be here till the 7th. if i dont cancel.

this whole situation doesnt make any sense, bfg says theyve shipped the cards, bestbuy says they wont be instock till the 6th, now if bestbuy has the cards they would ship em, they want their money.B.F.G wants to sell their cards and get theyre money, so what do they do , they ship em, someones flat out lying.

btw youre cancer merchant remarks are not only stupid, but are in horrible taste.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 06/21/04

1 BFG Technologies-GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP Graphics Card-BFGR68256U

$499.99
$499.99
$0.00
$22.50
$522.49

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight from Bestbuys site. Who knows at this point.

bb.gif

Wonder why mine has not updated since it said the 28th. :mad:

sherkelman said:
Best Buy is still on track to fulfill their pre-orders for both the BFG 6800 Ultra OC and BFG 6800 GT OC between June 28th and July 5th to you the consumer as of today (or potentially earlier if you live close to their Internet distribution Center a.k.a. DC). The way the process works is that we ship to their DC and then they ship directly to you. When you get the product will depend upon your number in line for the pre-order, they typically fulfill those who order first, first!

Thanks,
Scott Herkelman
EVP Marketing

[BFG] AirWalker

thanks for the info Scott! on a side note, any idea of when sites like newegg will be getting BFG 6800 GT OC's?

Back