Best Z87, Z97 overclocking mini itx motherboard

cennis

Limp Gawd
Anyone knows?

I heard good things about Z87 Deluxe from asus
and also the maximus impact are recommended by default , dont see much results though

Anyone knows?

I heard good things about Z87 Deluxe from asus
and also the maximus impact are recommended by default , dont see much results though

It's probably a given that the ROG boards from Asus are going to overclock quite well. Any Z series board should be just fine really.

The best board to overclock with will be the Asus ROG, next best probably Asrock, how ever Z97 boards are about to hit the market, I personally would wait for them to come out.

I've had the z87n wifi and it was okay, never had another one to compare with my cpu sample though

ROG one is about the same price as a X79 board lol

Honestly, between boards you are talking small percentage differences. It's really not worth it to spend however much more on different Z series boards. They will all do fairly well.

As a side note you can always delid your processor to get a little extra headroom in the overclocks. I think the new 4790k uses a different TIM on the chips than the previous haswells more like the previous chips. I am personally running the Asrock z87-e itx board and it does a pretty decent job but no experience on the top end Asus boards.

As a side note you can always delid your processor to get a little extra headroom in the overclocks. I think the new 4790k uses a different TIM on the chips than the previous haswells more like the previous chips. I am personally running the Asrock z87-e itx board and it does a pretty decent job but no experience on the top end Asus boards.

What clocks/volts are you running?

The best is Z87 or Z97 Asus Impact. More importantly is the silicon lottery with the CPUs

i wonder if there is going to be a big difference between the ROG impact boards versus the others since the new intel chips don't seem that great in regards to overclocking...

z97 impact or z97 msi gaming itx board, are at the top of the list.

i wonder if there is going to be a big difference between the ROG impact boards versus the others since the new intel chips don't seem that great in regards to overclocking...

Well, the newer chips are averaging higher clocks than haswell pre-delid. Outside of chipsets, the differences are minor.

Back