best wired mouse?

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
I m not too keen on wireless mice, and im getting a macbook pro if it ever arrives in the mail. I cant use a trackpad...soo id like a nice mouse. Im leaning towards the wired mighty mouse but im hearing mixed reviews on it.. thanks.

I have a mighty mouse and love it. It takes a bit to get used to, as it definitely doesn't feel so much like a traditional mouse, but once you're accustomed to it, it's great. I can definitely see why some people might not like the whole "1 button, but really 2 buttons depending on where you 'click'" idea, but I've got no complaints.

The scroll ball is great, especially when dealing with large web pages or Illustrator drawings. The squeeze feature (squeezing the sides of the mouse together acts as a 4th button) is only as useful as you make it. I have mine set to expose so all i do is squeeze the mouse, pick whatever window I want to move to next.

All in all I like it a lot, so much so that I have a wired with my iMac at the office, and a bluetooth version I use with my macbook when I'm at home or on the road.

I like logitech's offerings a lot, check out their website. I'm sure if you found an MX518 online somewhere you would be quite happy, a G series or really anything. They should be pretty cheap at this point, just check newegg and tigerdirect (the lot).

I like my Might Mouse but I like my Logitech 100xs better. There are several annoyances with the Mighty Mouse such as the scroll ball. Great concept but it clogs quite easily, you can either tear the mouse apart and clean it or try and get some cleaner up in there to get it to work. Not a huge issue but still annoying. Another annoyance is if you have your left finger touching the mouse at all then the right-click doesn't work.

I have the S 530 Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combo and I absolutely love it. I can customize the buttons to do whatever I want, any key combo, etc. I don't think I'll buy another Apple keyboard or mouse after using something else. I also have two wireless mighty mice and a couple wired, none of them are being used right now.

I use a Mighty Mouse at work and it's pretty good. I like Logitech stuff a lot as well.

Why exactly can't you use a trackpad?

I use a Logitech MX510. It's got fully supported drivers and all of the buttons are programmable. I like it a lot.

Get the new G5 from Logitech. I have the older orangish one that Newegg sells and just got another newer model (Blue One) for my MacBook Pro. Best Buy sells the new one but I got mine from here. It's about 15 bucks cheaper than Best Buy.

I really like Microsoft wired mice. My primary mouse is a Logitech MX1000, but I also have a MS IntelliExplorer that I really like. I'm not sure they still make them, but it fits my hand very well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104191

I have the MX1000 wireless and the G7 is nice too. The G5 is the wired version of the G7 mouse.

Those are NOT OPTICAL they are LASER. Optical suck (still better than the old ball but it suck compared to laser mouse). You can see a mouse is optical when it has a glowing light at the bottom, usualy red. Laser is a lot more precise and work on a lot more surface type than optical. most surface work great with a laser mouse (other than a mirror of course hehe). A lot of semi-glossy surface dont work very well with optical without a mousepad.

Anyway if you want a wired mouse this is the one I recommend.

Back