• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Well Priced and Functional Camera

[H]ard Texan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2001
Messages
1,120
I am looking for a reliable, functional, and well priced camera for under $300. I would just need the camera for basic point and shoot, maybe for some nice scenery and poorly lit areas, probably something above 3MP.

I guess I am looking for the best all around product. I know I will need media for pics, I can get that anywhere. Also, I don't need to use docking stations or anything like that, so USB hookup is all that is required.


I know I can get a nice deal online, but I want to stick to the local places, ie. Best Buy, Compusa, Staples, Circuit City, and Frys.

Thanks for any help
 
Canon A70? That's probably the best all around camera for under $300.
 
Canon A70 is great for the price, it's 3 megapixel with good auto modes and full manual mode. Takes compact flash cards. There's no reason to shop locally since Newegg is very trustworthy, has great prices and free shipping on most products. They have the A70 for $265.
 
Originally posted by [H]ard Texan



I know I can get a nice deal online, but I want to stick to the local places, ie. Best Buy, Compusa, Staples, Circuit City, and Frys.

Thanks for any help

I don't quite get that. Why would you not want to save $40 by getting it online?
 
I don't trust a lot of online shops so I can't blame you. But there are good ones out there.
 
I have done plenty of business with Newegg in the past, I know the quality of their service.

It's kind of a delayed gratification thing....waiting may cost $40, but I can get it ASAP locally and if something goes wrong, I can just exchange it fairely easily.

Reading some reviews, the A70 looks pretty nice. How is it on battery life?
 
Back
Top