best way to use my house's cable coax wiring for new fiber ethernet

IAmForum

Weaksauce
my house is not wired for ethernet.
i am looking to leave cable internet and go with fiber internet.
what is the most cost effective solution to run fiber ethernet through my coax ?
i was looking at something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYDG7W...olid=2NIYANE8A4QP8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
it looks like i would have to buy 2 of these.
one to connect to the fiber modem and one for my upstairs gaming computer.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
MOCA adapters would work fine, assuming you're not planning to use the coax for satellite TV (they're not compatible). You would need at least two, one at your router/modem, and one or more elsewhere in the home wherever you need a wired connection (e.g., your PC).

I'm not familiar with the brand linked. FWIW, The Actiontec MOCA adapters are generally considered the standard (and unfortunately usually priced accordingly).

Also make sure your coax splitters are viable. They must have a range of at least 5-1675 MHz (I used these and they work well). Eliminate any unneeded splits and open connections.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not familiar with the brand linked. FWIW, The Actiontec MOCA adapters are generally considered the standard (and unfortunately usually priced accordingly).
When it comes to 2.5Gb moca, Gocoax was the first to the market and are very transparent since they are active on the forum on smallnetbuilder even though they are an asian company. The actiontec you definitely can't go wrong with, but the gocoax and translite global ones have also been proven performers.

Back