Best way to upgrade from Win 8 to Pro (for WMC)?

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay so the plan is to just go through the "Add Features to Windows 8" thats inside Windows 8. Its $99 for Windows 8 Pro upgrade and then $9.99 for WMC. I have a 6 tuner box (SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime 6 tuner box) that uses Windows Media Center exclusively. So on this new laptop that came with Windows 8 (basic) I don't have WMC to watch my recordings/live TV.

Is there any other place or way to get Windows 8 Pro and then WMC that I dont know about?

It might be cheaper for you to just buy a new copy of Windows 8 Pro with the deals that have been floating around now and then. There is some speculation that they might run another promo when 8.1 hits the streets for consumers next month.

Okay so the plan is to just go through the "Add Features to Windows 8" thats inside Windows 8. Its $99 for Windows 8 Pro upgrade and then $9.99 for WMC. I have a 6 tuner box (SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime 6 tuner box) that uses Windows Media Center exclusively. So on this new laptop that came with Windows 8 (basic) I don't have WMC to watch my recordings/live TV.

Is there any other place or way to get Windows 8 Pro and then WMC that I dont know about?

If you but the upgrade from an existing non-Pro copy of Windows 8, I think WMC is included in the $99: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/...17/pricing-and-packaging-for-windows-8-1.aspx

It might be cheaper for you to just buy a new copy of Windows 8 Pro with the deals that have been floating around now and then. There is some speculation that they might run another promo when 8.1 hits the streets for consumers next month.

Idk, unless theres a deal, TheVerge.com article says a Windows 8.1 Pro (Full version, they dont make Upgrade anymore) is $199.99. So thats $100 more than just upgrading online to Pro.

If you but the upgrade from an existing non-Pro copy of Windows 8, I think WMC is included in the $99: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/...17/pricing-and-packaging-for-windows-8-1.aspx

Oh thank you, will check that out and wait to see.

Back