Best way to sync my Android tablet and phone music with osx?

computerpro3

LightningRod
Hi,

I just got a Macbook Air and while I hate to admit it, I kind of like some features of OsX. Due to the battery life I will probably keep it as my primary OS for a while.

I will be using iTunes to manage my music and videos, and would really like to seamlessly sync them with my Asus eee transformer and Droid Incredible.

Is there any application out there that truly provides a neat and clean sync without screwing everything up? I want to be able to manage my library via iTunes, plug in my tablet, hit sync, and have everything automatically transferred over.

Thanks!

EDIT: I don't really want wifi. I have 30GB plus of stuff I want to sync.

Last edited:
i just use google music beta
even though i only have like 5 gig of music

Hi,

I just got a Macbook Air and while I hate to admit it, I kind of like some features of OsX. Due to the battery life I will probably keep it as my primary OS for a while.

I will be using iTunes to manage my music and videos, and would really like to seamlessly sync them with my Asus eee transformer and Droid Incredible.

Is there any application out there that truly provides a neat and clean sync without screwing everything up? I want to be able to manage my library via iTunes, plug in my tablet, hit sync, and have everything automatically transferred over.

Thanks!

Haha if you turned out to like OSX, it will probably be only a matter of time before you become envious of iTunes syncing and switch to iOS devices. At least this is what is currently happening to me.

I picked up a transformer as a second (play) tablet just to see what Android was all about.

I snagged a program called "Android File Transfer" which allows you to view and transfer files from the Mac to the tablet with just a file manager window.

Works pretty good for that.

To sync contacts and calendar, I've had to set up a gmail account, sync to gmail and sync back to the asus.

Since both the Trasnformer and the Incredible use a MicroSD card, you could get a card reader, pull them out of the devices and copy them to the card if you don't want to use wireless to sync.

I use DoubleTwist and AirSync to sync my OG Droid to my MacBook Pro.

isyncr
salling media sync
doubletwist

Asus may have their own software as well. I know motorola does for my atrix. Works for both windows and OSX.

Actually going to sell my ipad and pick up the asus transformer as well. My phone got me hooked and now it's time to switch pads.

I've got both a first gen ipad and the transformer so have had a btof a chance to play with both sideby side.

I'd argue that the ipad/ios combo is much more stable (and better supported) than android (read "honeycomb)/transformer at this time. I haven't locked up or crashed the ipad at over a yearnow - but have crashed several apps inhoneycomb as well as locked up the transformer.

(I'vealso had a bitch of a time typing out this post on the transformer.)

The backspace seems to have issues.

Given time I think android could be a serious contender but it needs to, mature.

Hi,

Thanks!

Congrats on tying both hands behind your back.

http://www.salling.com/MediaSync/mac/

Back