Best way to send mass e-mails? Not Spam!

sgi02

Limp Gawd
I have a friend of mine who plays in a local folk band. He travels all over the U.S playing small venues and things of that nature. He decided that he wanted to start a newsletter , and send it out to people who sign the guest book at his website.

He currently just uses Yahoo mail ( Plus at that ) and has a serious issue, because he can only send to 25 recipients max per e-mail. I set him up with a G-Mail account but it still had a max limit of 500. Currently he has about 7 to 800 people in his mailing list , and the list will continue to grow. He would also like to be able to send e-mails via say area code, zip code , so he could send messages to folks around upcoming venues. Is this possible?

It sounds to me like he needs a dedicated webhost for e-mail or some program that will help automate the process. Any suggestions from you guys with similar issues, or any recommendations on software that might do what he is looking to do. Applicate your help, thanks in advance.

I have been using Constant Contact for years.

Easy to put together pieces. Good looking. I can have multiple lists to separate people. They give you Sign up links for people to sign up at a website etc.

If he just wants to be able to send a Mass mailing in a few minutes then there is Smart Serial Mail which you use the list that you have.

Elliot

^thank you for needless scrolling

Anyway, why not join purevolume.com? They might even have email updates.

There are many newsletter (mailing) services out there that you can subscribe to.

It would be easy to write a basic console program in C# to do it. He would only need to be familiar with the System.Net.Sockets and System.Data.SqlClient namespaces to read the numbers from a database and then just email them out.

Can you add emails in the CC and BCC areas too or are they all limited to 500.

Back