Best way to get HP parts for Laptop

FirehawkNS

Weaksauce
My Dad called and said that his DVD-RW drive on his Laptop wasn't working, so I went over to the house yesturday to take a look. Looks like the DVD drive has failed. It is recognized in windows, but doesn't do anything but click non stop when you put in a DVD or CD of various kinds (DVD Data, Move/CD Data, Music). I tried to load up a CD through a boot disk and it does nothing but clicks for 4 or so minutes then jumps back to windows startup or a Dos prompt, so I guess the drive is gone.

Question, where is the best place to get a replacement laptop DVD-RW drive? I have the drive out of the laptop already, it is model number GCA-4080N (S05D) and came out of a HP Pavilion ZE2000 laptop. The laptop is about 4 months out of warrenty.

I found compatable drives on Ebay for around $60, just wondered if there was a better place to search or buy (like local store or Newegg). I would call HP for help, but have dealt with HP's tech support before and I don't think they were helpful....that is I could not understand the language the guy on the other line was speaking. It sorta seemed like it was supposed to be English, but I don't think it was.

on the HP site there is a part list and i think with that model number u can have a list for that laptop.

Looks like I will order one off of Ebay. The one on Newegg doesn't have very good reviews, might as well try one of the $60 ones and see what happens.

yea umm, I don't think you are going to find a laptop as good as this one for $300 (excluding black Friday 2 items per store no raincheck wait outside at 3 in the morning to get them sales and even then I doubt it). But yea, thinks for the help there.

Back