Best way to do sound and network with ITX?

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
How do you guys do sound and network on your ITX rig? If it's over USB, what hardware do you prefer?

How do you guys do sound and network on your ITX rig? If it's over USB, what hardware do you prefer?
optical out to a receiver or use my astro headset I bought a couple of years ago.

Network, if you can't get it wired, use the wifi card that came with you mobo, if there is one.

Optical out? What's that?

Some ports I've never used in my life, so I don't know anything about them.

I use the onboard sound and network, exactly like I did with my previous rig which was ATX.

Onboard Wifi or onboard gigabit NIC. They are usually Intel chips now a days and of top quality.

As for sound, usually onboard but if i wanted better id use either the optical out, or a USB DAC.

Thanks guys, super helpful. Think I'll just get onboard 8.1 Audio and call it a day. In terms of network, I'd love to use the gigabit but can't, I'm in a utility sharing situation and the neighbor has the router :/.

Thanks guys, super helpful. Think I'll just get onboard 8.1 Audio and call it a day. In terms of network, I'd love to use the gigabit but can't, I'm in a utility sharing situation and the neighbor has the router :/.

A lot of ITX boards come with a wifi card. I think Asus's new z87 itx board actually has it embedded into the motherboard PCB now.

Back